Change of Status

fatechanger

Hi friends,

Hope u help me solve the prob..

I came last yr Jan'08 on F-2 since my husband was on F-1. I filed for my H1B in Apr '08 through a consultant and got approved in Oct '08. Since then my consultant has not given me any proj/paystubs till date. My husband is expecting to graduate this Dec and will work on OPT valid till Dec 2010 and in the meantime he will apply for H1B through other consultancy. I want to go on as a dependent (F2) as soon as possible. I have not traveled outside US since the COS to H1B and still have valid stamped F-2 visa.

Till now i did not ask my employer for paystubs in order to change my status from H1 to F2.

1) I just wanted to know whether my employer demands money to run the payroll.

2) If yes, how much money should i pay to him in order to run paystubs for 3 months.

Thanks in advance...

You must need atleast 2 paystubs to change any status. Demanding money depends on your employer(Nowadays all employers ask money to run payroll..Even I am paying ).You can go to F1 for sure.. no idea of F2..

Hi,

To my knowledge you need 3 paystubs as I have changed my employer recently and these days employer are asking for the money

to run payroll if your not on a project, it depends on how much you wanna run the paystub for.

It will cost you some where between 30-35%. Ie if you are running for $5000 then 30% on 5000 will be ur charge.

Actually, we are not aware of IT paystubs and monthly payments as my husband is no way related to software field.

My employer told me that he will pay 50k/year.

If i would have worked all these days, i think i may get around $3000/month excluding tax.

So i need to pay $2700 (i.e $900/month) to run payroll for 3 months.

Am I right??