Wrong Name On Opt

kranthi111

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Hi I got my opt card today and I found that my last name was wrong on the card by an alphabet. Can I apply SSN with that card?? Please suggest me what to do if any one have gone through the same thing... [/font][/color]

Hi kranti.....No need to worry about that...it happened to me also...for me last name and first name was swapped on the card....for your question..... don't apply ssn with that card....

If they mailed your card recently(with in 30 days) then call the USCIS customer service and put the request to send them a new card with correct last name. They don't charge for that and they will process your request and will send the new card ( but it may take 30 - 60 days again i think) . Then apply for SSN with the correct last name..

Hi kranti.....No need to worry about that...it happened to me also...for me last name and first name was swapped on the card....for your question..... don't apply ssn with that card....

If they mailed your card recently(with in 30 days) then call the USCIS customer service and put the request to send them a new card with correct last name. They don't charge for that and they will process your request and will send the new card ( but it may take 30 - 60 days again i think) . Then apply for SSN with the correct last name..