@@@@ Official Storage (San/nas) @@@@@@

pavan_613

San day to day management depends on the environment kani basic operations in San Ayte allocating LUN(logical unit number) ...LUN is technical term used for disk space in STorage

[quote name='sachin16' timestamp='1346070971' post='1302386805']
San day to day management depends on the environment kani basic operations in San Ayte allocating LUN(logical unit number) ...LUN is technical term used for disk space in STorage
[/quote]
Ok thanks, When allocating luns as per user req do you follow any best practices ?

[quote name='computaboi' timestamp='1346071185' post='1302386809']
Ok thanks, When allocating luns as per user req do you follow any best practices ?
[/quote]
what I know is every storage operation has best practices......but I have no documentation which gives the best practices...these best practices are generally provided by the vendors (EMC,Netapp etc.......).....anyone if you have those best practices pls tell me I will PM my email address

[quote name='computaboi' timestamp='1346071185' post='1302386809']
[/quote]
[quote name='sachin16' timestamp='1346074540' post='1302386901']
what I know is every storage operation has best practices......but I have no documentation which gives the best practices...these best practices are generally provided by the vendors (EMC,Netapp etc.......).....anyone if you have those best practices pls tell me I will PM my email address
[/quote]
best practices antu emi undavu bha...DATABASE vadu,, platforms admin ki requirement istadu..
like logs ki XXXX GB,data files ki, system files ki ala,, vadi req ki system admin gadu manaki pedatadu inko req, nenu 4 environments lo chusinadani bati,, basic hyper sizes 3MB(GK),506MB,8736MB,17471MB, inka different size kavali antey manamey create chesi ivachu..

[quote name='manchi_babu' timestamp='1346075790' post='1302386974']
best practices antu emi undavu bha...DATABASE vadu,, platforms admin ki requirement istadu..
like logs ki XXXX GB,data files ki, system files ki ala,, vadi req ki system admin gadu manaki pedatadu inko req, nenu 4 environments lo chusinadani bati,, basic hyper sizes 3MB(GK),506MB,8736MB,17471MB, inka different size kavali antey manamey create chesi ivachu..
[/quote]
yup kani EMC SOP and best practice documents untayi kada bhayya...andaru follow avutaru ani kadu..but still untayi kada.............

[quote name='computaboi' timestamp='1346052365' post='1302386634']
Hi all,
My First doubt,
SAN day to day management tasks emi untayi ?
[/quote]

storage ante SAN and NAS. First and foremost, SAN and NAS ki difference thelusukovali.....

coming to your question, day to day tasks are storage provisioning, taking backups (depends on environment, in some environments there will be a separate team for backup and in some environments storage team takes care of backups), restore, replication (duplicating data to DR site) and list goes on.....most common task is storage provisioning.

[quote name='pavanntrmahesh' timestamp='1346079305' post='1302387222']
Inida ki velipothe with 3yrs of san experience entha expect cheyochu salary??
[/quote]

naku thelisi 5 yrs exp pedithe 12-14 lakhs offer chesthunnaru hyd lo...bangalore lo inkoncham ekkuva ravachu....nenu kuda adhe try cheshunna...inko 1 n 1/2 yr lo vellipodam ani

Last month interviews conduct chesa, a question ikkada post chesthunna...train avuthunna vallu or marketing lo unna vallaki helpful ga unthundi ani....ive questions adugutharu ani kadu, most of them are very basic questions....mee deggara additional questions unte post cheyandi.....

e questions lo deni kayina ans theliyakapothe....ask me....we can discuss....ATB

[b] NETAPP:[/b]

1) What models of netapp have you worked?
2) NAS or SAN (what is the difference)
3) What is an aggr/vol/qtree and how do you calculate the required raid group size to be used
4) What is the ONTAP version you are using and did you perform any ONTAP upgrades
5) How does Snapmirror work (explain with an example)
6) What is the difference between snapmirror and snapvault?
7) How to perform a snap restore (vol and file level)
8) Have you come across any performance issues (how do you deal with them?)
9) Tell me some issues that you have faces and resolved in your environment with respect to your NETAPP environment
10) You have just seen that one of the controllers is in takeover mode...how do you react and what are your sequence of actions to be performed (concept)
11) Did you work on snapvault/snapdrive/syncmirror/deduplication?
12) In Netapp NAS (how do export a vol/qtree to a specific server or a group of servers) and how CIFS work
13) In NETAPP SAN, how do you allocate a LUN to a specific server (igroup/mapping etc).
14) What are your tasks related to vendor coordination (disk replacements/hardware issues etc)
15) Have you worked on 64-bit aggregates?
16) How do you migrate 32-bit aggregates to 64-bit migrations?
17) What is the volume and aggregate limit on 32-bit and 64-bit aggregates?

[b] CLARIION:[/b]

1) What models of clariion have you worked and what is the main diff btw cx700 cx3 and cx4 versions
2) For what kinds of apps/db do you suggest/prefer clariion storages?
3) Given a new clariion storage / new switch / new server, series of steps which you would perform to allocate space from that storage
4) What if the server doesn’t get automatically registered?
5) What is trespassing and when it happens?
6) What are the replication techniques that you have performed (snapview snapshot/clones, mirror view and SAN copy)? how does each of them work and when do you prefer what?
7) What is meant by reserved lun pool?
8) Can you assign a same host to multiple storage groups?
9) What models of clariion supports thin provisioning

[b] SYMMETRIX (DMX/VMAX):[/b]

1) What is the diff btw DMX800/1000/DMX3/DMX4 models
2) How different is VMAX and DMX in architecture.
3) In DMX, how you identity the free space available and how do you identify free LUNS
4) How do you create LUNS/MAPPNG/MASKING/UNMASKING/UNMAPPING/METALUN formation/DISSOLVING/DELETING?
5) How do you assign a LUN to a HPUX server (what changes are required)
6) Why do you we use solutions enabler and power path (what versions have you worked)
7) What is 17th rule and why do you follow?
8) If a director goes bad, what is the impact?
9) If any performance issues, how do you deal with it
10) What are flags, name few flags (dyn_rdf,scsi3_persist_reserve..etc)
11) To configure SRDF, what are the prerequisites?
12) Have you worked on timefinder mirror/clone, when exactly you will prefer what?
14) How do you assign a LUN to a cluster with 2-3 servers in it?
15) VMAX: what is TDAT/TDEV/Virtual POOL/adding to pool/binding to pool
16) How do you implement thin provisioning in VMAX?
17) What is IG PG SG and view?
18) Did you work on ECC/ SMC /SPA
19) What Raid type does EMC and Netapp Recommend? Difference between Raid 5 and Raid 6?

Good questions bhayya...veetilo naku answer telisinavi chala takuva unayi....koni vatiki partial ga telusu...so niku time unnapudu veeti answers kuda veyi bhayya will be very useful for us ................

[quote name='sachin16' timestamp='1346090604' post='1302388143']
Good questions bhayya...veetilo naku answer telisinavi chala takuva unayi....koni vatiki partial ga telusu...so niku time unnapudu veeti answers kuda veyi bhayya will be very useful for us ................
[/quote]

annintiki ans cheyali ante chala time paduthundi....neeku evi theliyavo adugu avi discuss chedam....evaru em questions adagatam ledu ani vesa....

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] For what kinds of apps/db do you suggest/prefer clariion storages?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Given a new clariion storage / new switch / new server, series of steps which you would perform to allocate space from that storage[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What is trespassing and when it happens- trespassing concept idea undhi.....its like LUN jumping between SPA and SPB .......but don't know why it happens.....also correct me if I am wrong [/font][/color]