status doubt (Important)

SRIHARI1236

Hello friends...........

Currently I am doing my masters and will be graduating by this may..........I wanna pursue my MBA too starting this Fall....in future, if I get a job while pursuing my MBA, can I drop my MBA to get into job? And If I drop out of MBA to get the job, under what status would I be?

Please give me the right information..........

Thank u all in advance............

you have to be in H1. Or else if your JOB is in management field you can ask your school if they can give you CPT  then you can be on F1, but your employer should also agree for your CPT status. Best thing is to get H1 if you are getting genuine job.

[quote author=SRIHARI1236 link=topic=42053.msg375110#msg375110 date=1266349324]
Hello friends...........

Currently I am doing my masters and will be graduating by this may..........I wanna pursue my MBA too starting this Fall....in future, if I get a job while pursuing my MBA, can I drop my MBA to get into job? And If I drop out of MBA to get the job, under what status would I be?

Please give me the right information..........

Thank u all in advance............
[/quote]

No you cannot drop MBA course just like that. you would be in F1 if you went for MBA in august and when you get a job the only way is the CPT option. but for this to work out it should be in management and the employer has to agree for the CPT employment which is not easy and also you cannot find a management job when you have just started studying it. If you get a job with the masters degree, you cannot do the job since you do not have employment status. (like OPT or H1B).

So if you want to study, go ahead and study or if you want to work go for the OPT and then if you still have interest doing MBA you can always do it part-time or online