Vancouver, Canada: Got The H1B Visa After (221G) Missing A Document

Rate this topic

srikanth0435

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi...[/font][/color]

My interview happened on 04/08/2013 at 10:00am in Vancouver, Canada.
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My Interview experience:[/font][/color][/b]

I went to consulate at 8:30 and I thought, i might have to wait for sometime because my interview time was at 10 am. As usual security check and finger prints happened in 2 floor. Then went to 20th floor at 9:45 am. Waited in 20th floor for 5 mins and I was able to hear the answers of others. There were 3 counter (4 -female,5-male and 6-male).

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Interview was at 6th counter[/font][/color]

Me - Good Morning Sir. How are you?
VO (A white male, had a kind of serious look): Good Morning.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO - May I have your Passport, I97 original[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me - I gave my documents [/font][/color]

VO - What do you do?
Me - Am a --------------- at ------------- company. (told him the job title which was mentioned in my employer letter)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO- How long you have been working for this employer [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me - I said from June 2012 [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO- Who is your client[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me- I said -------------.[/font][/color]

VO - How long have you been working with this client
Me- I said from March 2012

VO- Did u work for the same client with different company?
Me- No (For some reason, I was little bit tensed and gave a wrong answer)

VO- You said, you have been with this employer from June 2012 and with the client from March 2012??
Me- I said, yes. i was with other company from March to June 2012.

Luckily VO did not say anything about that. He was typing something from beginning, am not sure whether he was typing answers or something else.

VO- What is your salary
Me- ----------- K. (told him the exact salary which was listed on LCA).

VO - Do you have your w2?
Me - I gave him my W2's. ( I have 4 W2's for 2012 because change of location and employer)

He looked at my W2's and checked my salary.

VO - Do you have your client letter?
Me - I gave the client letter and he looked into it.

VO - Do you have I-129?
Me - I gave him the set which my employer sent me

VO - Do you have your LCA
Me - i gave my LCA.

VO- This LCA is for NY. I want a LCA for TX (current location).
Me- I realized that I missed that document in my file.

(I worked in NY from March 2012 - May 2012 and applied my H1B in May 2012, so I had my LCA for NY. In June 2012, I moved to TX but with same client and same project. My employer filed a LCA for TX in June 2012 and sent me an email. But while going to stamping, my employer forgot to give the copy of TX LCA and even I forgot to check it. I was always thinking, i have LCA with me but never checked to which state it belongs too).

VO - Do you have your TX LCA? because this LCA is for NY and you are not supposed to work in TX without LCA.
Me- I said am unable to find it.

VO- What is the proof your employer have that you are working in TX?
Me - i searched all my file and said I have my employer letter.

VO- No, i don't need that.
Me- I gave him my recent paystubs and said that they have TX address on them

VO looked into my paystubs and asked me to sit in a chair for few mins. He went inside with my paystubs and came back. He started writing some thing on a paper which I understood is a 221 g. He called me and said " We cannot approve your visa now and we need a approved TX LCA document. Please send the documents to the consulate as per the instruction on 221 g. Once we receive it, it will not take much time to approve."

I left the consulate with the form went to hotel. Found my TX LCA in email and took a print out.

As per the instructions, i have included below documents and mailed to consulate on the same day evening:
1) 221g form which the VO gave me
2) My missing TX LCA document
3) A print out for the Loomis (like DHL Carrier) with our Reference Number ( which is included in Applicant summay page on 'usvisa-info.com')

The loomis repesentative said, you might get your passport by friday. Even If you dont get an email, chek the 'usvisa-info.com' and see if you have 'Loomis Waybill number', you can bring that to collect youe passport.

I checked that website everyday. On Tuesday eve..i wrote an email to consulate reg my visa and they replied on Thursday saying that 'you visa is under review with consular officer'. On Saturday (04/13/2013) morning, i saw the waybill number on my account :-) :-) but did not get any email. Usually emails come at midnight from Loomis. I have yet to collect my passport from Loomis on Monday.

This is my experience. If it is too long or boring, am sorry.

PS-[list]
[*]Have all your documents with you.
[*]If you are going with your friend, compare your documents with your friend, by which you both can make sure nothing is missed
[*]Please be confident before VO
[*]If there is a query, please don't be tensed. It will take sometime. (this is easy to say but hard to follow)
[/list]
Thanks again for all people who shared/sharing their experiences. All the best.

congrats mama..
chinna question nuvvu june lo move ayyavu kada texas ki appudu h1 amendment chesava..??
if no.. visa officer reason adithay eam chappathay better mama please koddiga ee information ivvava... *<:( *<:(

[quote name='torrent' timestamp='1365871545' post='1303597665']
congrats mama..
chinna question nuvvu june lo move ayyavu kada texas ki appudu h1 amendment chesava..??
if no.. visa officer reason adithay eam chappathay better mama please koddiga ee information ivvava... *<:( *<:(
mama please reply this..
[/quote]

[quote name='torrent' timestamp='1365871545' post='1303597665']
congrats mama..
[/quote]

most of the cases dont ask abut aendment, LCA should be good..
i have few friends who got visa stamping with out amendment, but it is safe to have amendment.

you rock[size=4] [/size] nice thread[size=4] [/size][size=4][quote name='srikanth0435' timestamp='1365869052' post='1303597447'][/size]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi...[/font][/color]

My interview happened on 04/08/2013 at 10:00am in Vancouver, Canada.
[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My Interview experience:[/font][/color][/b]

I went to consulate at 8:30 and I thought, i might have to wait for sometime because my interview time was at 10 am. As usual security check and finger prints happened in 2 floor. Then went to 20th floor at 9:45 am. Waited in 20th floor for 5 mins and I was able to hear the answers of others. There were 3 counter (4 -female,5-male and 6-male).

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Interview was at 6th counter[/font][/color]

Me - Good Morning Sir. How are you?
VO (A white male, had a kind of serious look): Good Morning.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO - May I have your Passport, I97 original[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me - I gave my documents [/font][/color]

VO - What do you do?
Me - Am a --------------- at ------------- company. (told him the job title which was mentioned in my employer letter)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO- How long you have been working for this employer [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me - I said from June 2012 [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]VO- Who is your client[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Me- I said -------------.[/font][/color]

VO - How long have you been working with this client
Me- I said from March 2012

VO- Did u work for the same client with different company?
Me- No (For some reason, I was little bit tensed and gave a wrong answer)

VO- You said, you have been with this employer from June 2012 and with the client from March 2012??
Me- I said, yes. i was with other company from March to June 2012.

Luckily VO did not say anything about that. He was typing something from beginning, am not sure whether he was typing answers or something else.

VO- What is your salary
Me- ----------- K. (told him the exact salary which was listed on LCA).

VO - Do you have your w2?
Me - I gave him my W2's. ( I have 4 W2's for 2012 because change of location and employer)

He looked at my W2's and checked my salary.

VO - Do you have your client letter?
Me - I gave the client letter and he looked into it.

VO - Do you have I-129?
Me - I gave him the set which my employer sent me

VO - Do you have your LCA
Me - i gave my LCA.

VO- This LCA is for NY. I want a LCA for TX (current location).
Me- I realized that I missed that document in my file.

(I worked in NY from March 2012 - May 2012 and applied my H1B in May 2012, so I had my LCA for NY. In June 2012, I moved to TX but with same client and same project. My employer filed a LCA for TX in June 2012 and sent me an email. But while going to stamping, my employer forgot to give the copy of TX LCA and even I forgot to check it. I was always thinking, i have LCA with me but never checked to which state it belongs too).

VO - Do you have your TX LCA? because this LCA is for NY and you are not supposed to work in TX without LCA.
Me- I said am unable to find it.

VO- What is the proof your employer have that you are working in TX?
Me - i searched all my file and said I have my employer letter.

VO- No, i don't need that.
Me- I gave him my recent paystubs and said that they have TX address on them

VO looked into my paystubs and asked me to sit in a chair for few mins. He went inside with my paystubs and came back. He started writing some thing on a paper which I understood is a 221 g. He called me and said " We cannot approve your visa now and we need a approved TX LCA document. Please send the documents to the consulate as per the instruction on 221 g. Once we receive it, it will not take much time to approve."

I left the consulate with the form went to hotel. Found my TX LCA in email and took a print out.

As per the instructions, i have included below documents and mailed to consulate on the same day evening:
1) 221g form which the VO gave me
2) My missing TX LCA document
3) A print out for the Loomis (like DHL Carrier) with our Reference Number ( which is included in Applicant summay page on 'usvisa-info.com')

The loomis repesentative said, you might get your passport by friday. Even If you dont get an email, chek the 'usvisa-info.com' and see if you have 'Loomis Waybill number', you can bring that to collect youe passport.

I checked that website everyday. On Tuesday eve..i wrote an email to consulate reg my visa and they replied on Thursday saying that 'you visa is under review with consular officer'. On Saturday (04/13/2013) morning, i saw the waybill number on my account :-) :-) but did not get any email. Usually emails come at midnight from Loomis. I have yet to collect my passport from Loomis on Monday.

This is my experience. If it is too long or boring, am sorry.

PS-[list]
[*]Have all your documents with you.
[*]If you are going with your friend, compare your documents with your friend, by which you both can make sure nothing is missed
[*]Please be confident before VO
[*]If there is a query, please don't be tensed. It will take sometime. (this is easy to say but hard to follow)
[/list]
Thanks again for all people who shared/sharing their experiences. All the best.
[/quote]

thanks all.

@torrent: I moved to different place but i had same client and project. My employer said, if i have same client and project, there is no need to file h1b amendment. he only filed LCA. I checked with employer many times, he said if either the project or client changes, then we need h1b amendment. Please do check with others also because myself and my employer might not know all the things

[quote name='teluguwatch' timestamp='1365877279' post='1303598121']

most of the cases dont ask abut aendment, LCA should be good..
i have few friends who got visa stamping with out amendment, but it is safe to have amendment.
[/quote]
[quote name='srikanth0435' timestamp='1365882886' post='1303598596']
thanks all.

@torrent: I moved to different place but i had same client and project. My employer said, if i have same client and project, there is no need to file h1b amendment. he only filed LCA. I checked with employer many times, he said if either the project or client changes, then we need h1b amendment. Please do check with others also because myself and my employer might not know all the things
[/quote]
thanks mamas..

Congratulations...post this in H1 sticky thread useful for others..ATB..

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif][size=6]BOYISM[/size][/font][/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/--o7mXz3u-j4/T9VVBGzBJAI/AAAAAAAAGo0/kmj8a1-XW2g/s150/PK-1.gif[/img][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/--o7mXz3u-j4/T9VVBGzBJAI/AAAAAAAAGo0/kmj8a1-XW2g/s150/PK-1.gif[/img][/size][/font][/color]