Lost Passport,i94,visa, Ssn

Rate this topic

aditya0638

Hi all,
I am reposting this post because I am much worried about VISA restamping. although I got only one reply when I previously posted I would like to know if anyone else had faced similar case as of mine.
I lost my passport and has applied for a new passport. it has been 2 weeks and called houston embassy they said it may take 2 more weeks.
The thing I am worried about is VISA. Will it be done easily or will it be an issue. please help me out guys if you have any idea.
and should we prepare all the financial documents again? because things have changed a lot and am not sure that I will be in a position to show a good amount of bank balance.

[quote name='aditya0638' timestamp='1366341734' post='1303630491']
Hi all,
I am reposting this post because I am much worried about VISA restamping. although I got only one reply when I previously posted I would like to know if anyone else had faced similar case as of mine.
I lost my passport and has applied for a new passport. it has been 2 weeks and called houston embassy they said it may take 2 more weeks.
The thing I am worried about is VISA. Will it be done easily or will it be an issue. please help me out guys if you have any idea.
and should we prepare all the financial documents again? because things have changed a lot and am not sure that I will be in a position to show a good amount of bank balance.
[/quote]

ala anni ela poguttukunnavu ra nuvvu responsible ga lekunda!

passport vasthadi, adi vachhina taruvatha SSN vasthadi. Adi vacchina taruvatha Visa ki, I-94 ki apply cheyyali. asalem visa type needi!

your passport will take about 1-2 months. F1 aithey easy gaa ayyipothundhi stamping.
you can stay here legally without stamping if you have valid i94 (please apply for that too).You have to go for stamping only if you want to to go to india and comeback.
naaku telisina info idhi let others also confim.
inthaki ela poyiindhi?

[quote name='mukunda' timestamp='1366342909' post='1303630544']

ala anni ela poguttukunnavu ra nuvvu responsible ga lekunda!

passport vasthadi, adi vachhina taruvatha SSN vasthadi. Adi vacchina taruvatha Visa ki, I-94 ki apply cheyyali. asalem visa type needi!
[/quote]

anni oka small file lo unde...S padre nunchi ochetapud border check untadhi...so i took all the certificates with me instead of juz pasport.
border check ki chupetti bag lo petkunna but 4 days tarwata bag open chesi chuste ledhu..mystery la poindhi adi..
VISA stamping padthadha ane tensn SSN number undhi so card ipud lekunna lite...only VISA ne tensn.

[quote name='aditya0638' timestamp='1366343450' post='1303630576']

anni oka small file lo unde...S padre nunchi ochetapud border check untadhi...so i took all the certificates with me instead of juz pasport.
border check ki chupetti bag lo petkunna but 4 days tarwata bag open chesi chuste ledhu..mystery la poindhi adi..
VISA stamping padthadha ane tensn SSN number undhi so card ipud lekunna lite...only VISA ne tensn.
[/quote]

SSN teliste saripodu. SSN Card vundali Visa stamiping ki velladaniki. Police Report theesukunnava?

[url="http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/lost-passport-with-f1-h1b-visa-i94-usa/"]http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/lost-passport-with-f1-h1b-visa-i94-usa/[/url]

please go thru...above link

all the best

[quote name='sigsegv' timestamp='1366343363' post='1303630569']
your passport will take about 1-2 months. F1 aithey easy gaa ayyipothundhi stamping.
you can stay here legally without stamping if you have valid i94 (please apply for that too).You have to go for stamping only if you want to to go to india and comeback.
naaku telisina info idhi let others also confim.
inthaki ela poyiindhi?
[/quote]

corect a bhayya stamping avasarm ledhu but mali OPT lo vellaradhu kada INDIA.so e july lo ne podham ankuntunna stamping ki. Even drving license kuda aply cheyaradhu VISA lekunte.
Passport aply chesa osthadhi adi inko 1-2 weeks lo....but VISA stamping a tensn aithundhi bhayya....ipud emaina theda kodthe motham waste aithadhi ani.....
mystery lekka poindhi bhayya....adho pedha story..

[font=Georgia, Times,]
[i]Question Answered by Immigration Attorney.[/i][/font][font=Georgia, Times,]
[img]http://cdn.happyschoolsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/surname-passport-mismatch.jpg[/img]I am a regular follower of your blog. I do read all the topics posted and i thank you for directing me in my American dream. I am right now in US doing my masters program. Recently I lost my passport and visa. I have got my passport applying it at the Indian consulate in United States. I was wondering how to apply for the lost visa(F1). I know that i have to apply it from my home country, India. But can u throw a light on the process of it? is it the same as applying the new visa? Please tell me if you have any idea. Thank you[/font][font=Georgia, Times,]
Dear Reader,[/font][font=Georgia, Times,]
I am sorry to hear you lost your passport. Someone in this situation should consider taking the following steps:[/font][list]
[*]Report his lost passport to the police. Ensure he has a copy of the report for his records as he will likely need it at the embassy later.
[*]Apply for a new passport immediately.
[*][url="http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e5d95d4c6608e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD"]File a Form 102[/url], Application for Replacement/Initial Non-immigrant Arrival-Departure Document (or I-94). (When the new automated I-94 rule is implemented at the end of April 2013, obtaining a replacement I-94 will hopefully be instantaneous).
[*]He should then take the above, and current school information to his home country embassy to obtain a new visa.
[/list][font=Georgia, Times,]
The procedure is likely be similar to how the first visa was obtained. It is important to note that there is always a risk of the embassy denying a visa. However, should the background check clear, one should expect to get a visa again.[/font]

[quote name='vizzeboy' timestamp='1366343929' post='1303630611']
[url="http://www.happyschoolsblog.com/lost-passport-with-f1-h1b-visa-i94-usa/"]http://www.happyscho...b-visa-i94-usa/[/url]

please go thru...above link

all the best
[/quote]

hi bhayya,
ya aa link nen chusa already..
"[font=Georgia, Times,][background=rgb(243, 243, 243)]It is important to note that there is always a risk of the embassy denying a visa." elanti statments a bhayapedthunnai bhayya[/background][/font]

[quote name='aditya0638' timestamp='1366344100' post='1303630623']

corect a bhayya stamping avasarm ledhu but mali OPT lo vellaradhu kada INDIA.so e july lo ne podham ankuntunna stamping ki. Even drving license kuda aply cheyaradhu VISA lekunte.
Passport aply chesa osthadhi adi inko 1-2 weeks lo....but VISA stamping a tensn aithundhi bhayya....ipud emaina theda kodthe motham waste aithadhi ani.....
mystery lekka poindhi bhayya....adho pedha story..
[/quote]

OPT lo unte, F1 visa stamp malli eyyaru! H1 apply chesukone vellali!

[quote name='mukunda' timestamp='1366343694' post='1303630598']

SSN teliste saripodu. SSN Card vundali Visa stamiping ki velladaniki. Police Report theesukunnava?
[/quote]

ya police report undhi...SSN card evarata i94 lendhi....so they gave me a paper in which it consisted my details SSN number and a stamp...adi ekadaina chupetochu ani chepaadu...valid denkaina annadu
aina VISA stamping ki SSN enduk bhayya

[quote name='mukunda' timestamp='1366344807' post='1303630677']
OPT lo unte, F1 visa stamp malli eyyaru! H1 apply chesukone vellali!
[/quote]

Nen F1 visa medha ne unna ipud....e dec lo grad aitha...