arekutt

Hi Friends,

There is scam in sulekha, when you post add in some places. You receive emails saying they are interested in resting your apartment.

Also there is one other posting in this forum, saying the below contact is fraud. You see that if you search my the [email protected]. email address.

They say that they will make the payment first to secure the apartment and ask youto remove the posting. They also say their creditor in US will pay you the amount and ask you for your details and mentions the creditor will pay little more and you will have to return to them the extra sum .

This is a scam, I received this types of contacts in 2 occasions, when I posted in providence, RI in 2 different occasions.

These contacts won't have a valid US number .... and they can't be reached over phone.

below is one email address from which these contacted me

Gaurav Sajan
+27710582384 
[email protected]

below is email from them this scam

Hello Teja,

I will really love to share the place with you.

So please i want you to remove the place,from further advert placement in the internet. Please tell me how much is the total amount is for the rent plus utilities.But i will like to let you know that i am only coming to the state for business and will l like to share a place.pending my time been in USA.

And also i will  like to inform your that my creditor in the United States of America is actually going to be responsible for the payment of the place and i have told him about this transaction and he said he will be sending the payment to you also he said the money I loaned to him has incurred some interests and he will be sending my money to you with the commission. Please the extra funds is for my ticket and traveling expenses to the US. Meaning you will be expecting a payment that is a little bit higher than the cost of the place, Please after the cost of the place! Can I Trust You to refund my balance funds back to me? do let me know this because its very important.

Please if you kindly agree i will need your full name and address in your reply so that payment can be dispatched to you as soon as possible. Have a nice day and thanks once again for your response to my mail.

Get back to me ASAP,

Best Regards,

I don't have another, it's from a lady though. This lady says she is in mexico and her employer will pay you the amount for the room; which he will send few hundreds extra and you need to return the extra sum...

Beware of this guys

Dear xxxxxxxx, 

You have received an Email response for your Ad  "Moving out of los angeles on wednesday"  posted in Sulekha Classifieds. The response is provided below:

Message:  Hi, In response to your queen mattress and dining table with 4 tables posted on sulekha. I need the stuffs asap because have just gotten a new home in Oxnard city, CA and need put the stuff in it. Please,respond via my email with ur direct number bcos i might not be able to take call and i will return call asap. Kind regards. Klemes. Contact Details of  Klemes
Email Id: [email protected]
Phone: 864 659 0690

Naaku pedda bumper offer thagilindi . He sent 3000$ check to me .  By that time I received the check I sold all the items except few. I talked with that over the phone to cancel the check, he said he cannot cancel the check and want to buy the rest of the stuff for 400$ and told to return the money through money gram. I went to the bank , bank gave me 3000$ ,I thought he is a genuine guy when I received the amount from the bank.  I returned the 2600$ through money gram. Later he didnt show up , I was so happy during that time thought I save 400$ because he didnt show up . Later I moved from my place and came to east coast ,after a week bank debited 3000$ from my account saying that the check I gave to the bank is a fraud. I fight with the bankers how can they able to give the money if the check is fraud, they said as I am a loyal customer from so many years and holding enough bank balance they give it to me. Finally they told that customer is a responsible for the check not the bank. I complaint to the police but there is no use .Its been almost 15 months . Police told that as the people in Nigeria will do all this kind of stuff. US police are not responsible for the internation frauds. 
If I want to fight against the case I have to pay 15000$ later they may search for those guys but they cannot assure about the money I lost. 

So anni musukonni kurchunna tharvatha...legendcrying.gif

Things I learned from my experience:-

1. Dont deposit the money in western union or money gram with out knowing the person personally.

2. Dont accept the check or any deposits from unknown persons. 

3. dont ever deal with the persons who are not willing to meet personnally.

• Upvote 1

yes, i got mail... as it is ga :

Message:  Hello, I saw your advert placement and i'm interested in renting your room. However, kindly forward me the final renting price and please indicate what preferred method of payment you would accept for your place. I look forward to hearing from you. Get back to me ASAP, Gaurav Contact Details of  Gaurav
Email Id: [email protected]
Phone: +16822380720

sSa_j@il

reply em ivvamantaru veediki.... ?

manchi tit-for-tat undaali...

• 2 years later...

I just signed up to this website/blog just because of this post,

because I just wanted make people aware of such fraud, It recently happened to me too. There a a new name Varun Bhardwaj 
Varun Bhardwaj
[email protected]
+447024094481
he replies to my post to rent a room and then says he is here and there and he is coming to establish a business. I gave him my info and he gives me a tracking number. that doesn't ships for few days. When I asked him when can we meet in person, he says next month he will be in USA and says my companies secretary made a mistake and send over money and he will tell me how to send him the excess balance. It started to sound fishy to me but normally it doesn't to others. So guys beware. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

For the Sulekha AD posted :

Thank you for getting back to me. I am Krish from Hyderabad and I work with a subsidiary of Reliance Industries in London, UK getting transferred to Richardson, TX for about a year.

I am married and we have two girls. Arrival is in a couple of weeks, with me I will bring all documentation needed as proof to aid my stay.

Please take off the ad and hold the place for me till I arrive, I want to deposit a sum of $1,000 in good faith. Does this work?

Please ask whatever detail you require.

+44 77 4877 1805 (GMT evenings and Whatsapp)

Warm Regards,

K.Jagar

please be aware of this email id: [email protected]

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 6:27 PM, Guna said:

For the Sulekha AD posted :

Thank you for getting back to me. I am Krish from Hyderabad and I work with a subsidiary of Reliance Industries in London, UK getting transferred to Richardson, TX for about a year.

I am married and we have two girls. Arrival is in a couple of weeks, with me I will bring all documentation needed as proof to aid my stay.

Please take off the ad and hold the place for me till I arrive, I want to deposit a sum of $1,000 in good faith. Does this work?

Please ask whatever detail you require.

+44 77 4877 1805 (GMT evenings and Whatsapp)

Warm Regards,

K.Jagar

please be aware of this email id: [email protected]

Vedu 2014 nudi room kosam tirguthundu...

Fraud gadu... Eroju ki ad pedithe.. Same message 🤣🤣

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi

Please take the Ad off further showing, and you can have my words that I will definitely take it.  If you prefer, I can send a holding deposit of $1000 so that you can secure the place for me till I get there. I can instruct my office in USA to send a certified check for the amount to you. This should serve as a good faith deposit so you know I am serious about renting. I will pay the balance for the rent and take care of other formalities as soon as I land.
If this works for you, please send me your full name and address so that i can forward it to my company and the deposit can get to you soon.
Are there any other details you think I need to know about the Place? Do let me know

Btw, I am originally from Hyderabad but have lived most of my life in Scotland. I am married with a daughter. My wife and daughter will be joining me in the states soon after I settle in.
Is this fake or original he says he want to secure the apartment and he also bought car with someone so he is sending 3,500 and I need to send remaining to the other person. Initially he sent me check and then I told him to send another on my wife's name new check is having same exact check number etc as previous 

• 1 year later...
The message I had yesterday isnt a con. Its advising that there is a credit card scam going on at the moment, full details on the website address they give. Its basically telling you to go careful.