H1 B Doubts

Rate this topic

Uchiha

Hi All, 

I am a new member. I have couple of questions regarding H1b amendment and stamping..

I am on my OPT extension (ends in the end of Nov). I got my H1b approved when I was with Client A..Last month I got a new job with client B and moved down here..Implementation partner and my employer is same but client and middle vendor has changed..

1.) Do I need to apply for a new LCA now or should I wait until H1b Starts on Oct 1.

2.) I renewed my drivers license from this location last week. But I haven't changed my address on pay checks cuz my employer is saying, we will do it once after your LCA is changed to this location after your H1b activates. Should it be a problem ??

3.) I have to go to India in November. Should I go for stamping in India/Jamaica or Canada. I know that with all proper documentation, you cango anywhere for Interview. But out of fear I am asking, what do you suggest?

Thank you all..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uchiha

• matrix_hater

• agora

• sam86

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, 

I am a new member. I have couple of questions regarding H1b amendment and stamping..

I am on my OPT extension (ends in the end of Nov). I got my H1b approved when I was with Client A..Last month I got a new job with client B and moved down here..Implementation partner and my employer is same but client and middle vendor has changed..

1.) Do I need to apply for a new LCA now or should I wait until H1b Starts on Oct 1.

2.) I renewed my drivers license from this location last week. But I haven't changed my address on pay checks cuz my employer is saying, we will do it once after your LCA is changed to this location after your H1b activates. Should it be a problem ??

3.) I have to go to India in November. Should I go for stamping in India/Jamaica or Canada. I know that with all proper documentation, you cango anywhere for Interview. But out of fear I am asking, what do you suggest?

Thank you all..

all three question ki naaku okkate answer teslu...

it is always recommended to get the amendment done asap... i think you dont have to wait until Oct. Stamping ki velle tappudu min 3-4 paycheks vundali antaru...  and amendment kachitanga vundali...

wait for other experts replies...

Hi All, 

Thank you all..

1.) Do I need to apply for a new LCA now or should I wait until H1b Starts on Oct 1. --- LCA should be done irrespetive of the H1 start date. make sure to get it done asap. it significant that you arre working for your employer 

2.) I renewed my drivers license from this location last week. But I haven't changed my address on pay checks cuz my employer is saying, we will do it once after your LCA is changed to this location after your H1b activates. Should it be a problem ??   well pay check address has to be the one for lca they are running. but as you mentioned you  need ot go for stamping ... its better to move pay check address to new one, after LCA is complete.

same as you need to go stamping ... you need to get amendment done, else you dont need to  ... unless you need to make a visit to consulate

1.) Do I need to apply for a new LCA now or should I wait until H1b Starts on Oct 1. --- LCA should be done irrespetive of the H1 start date. make sure to get it done asap. it significant that you arre working for your employer 

2.) I renewed my drivers license from this location last week. But I haven't changed my address on pay checks cuz my employer is saying, we will do it once after your LCA is changed to this location after your H1b activates. Should it be a problem ??   well pay check address has to be the one for lca they are running. but as you mentioned you  need ot go for stamping ... its better to move pay check address to new one, after LCA is complete.

3.) I have to go to India in November. Should I go for stamping in India/Jamaica or Canada. I know that with all proper documentation, you can go anywhere for Interview. But out of fear I am asking, what do you suggest?

same as you need to go stamping ... you need to get amendment done, else you dont need to  ... unless you need to make a visit to consulate

Hi MeetFriendz, Thanks much for the quick reply.

Sure will take care of the above stuff you mentioned..

What do you think is the better place to go for stamping.. I heard that going to India for stamping is not a good idea (my friends said that).. Is that true? Should I go Jamaica or Canada? 

Hi MeetFriendz, Thanks much for the quick reply.

Sure will take care of the above stuff you mentioned..

What do you think is the better place to go for stamping.. I heard that going to India for stamping is not a good idea (my friends said that).. Is that true? Should I go Jamaica or Canada? 

stamping calgary ki po man ippativaruku ayitey easy gaane undii but look for the dates

stamping calgary ki po man ippativaruku ayitey easy gaane undii but look for the dates

Thanks buddy...

But nenu H1b amendement cheyinchukovali kada.. I cannot apply dates kada adi ayipoyevaruku cuz, H1 b receipt number change avuthundi kada..

All I can do it apply for a visa rite??

not reqd u can book the slot with old h1

Thanks buddy...

But nenu H1b amendement cheyinchukovali kada.. I cannot apply dates kada adi ayipoyevaruku cuz, H1 b receipt number change avuthundi kada..

All I can do it apply for a visa rite??

not reqd u can book the slot with old h1

Oh really.. But, Receipt number change avuthundi  ala slots boo kcheyodhu ani ikkade vere thread lo choosanu... 

And one more question.. anyway I have to go to India in Nov kada.. So is it better to go to India for stamping na.. or safe side lo Jamaica/ Canada velladam best na??

Thank you...