Desi Restaurent Owners Read This

kakatiya

• 'Very dirty' restaurant closed after health violations

Owners of the Dakshin restaurant will meet with town health officials this morning, days after the business was closed because town inspections found more than a dozen critical health violations at the Waverley Street eatery.

AR-308149938.jpg

Since Dakshin opened in 2005, health inspectors have cited the restaurant several times for health violations, including an April 2006 report that found the "cleanliness of the establishment is appalling."
Ottaviani said Dakshin's operators are remorseful and disappointed by the Board of Health's actions. He said the restaurant has blamed a pest control company for part of Dakshin's vermin trouble, plus Ottaviani said he plans on making weekly inspections of his own at the restaurant.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kakatiya

• donganaaK

• Rendu

• alpachinao

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In an interview with the Daily News last spring, Viswanathan said the restaurant's rodent problem was reduced "almost to extinction."
He said the family restaurant informed customers of the rodent problem and alerted the Board of Health about it. He said it was difficult to exterminate the rodents because the business is in a large building.
"Everyone knew we had a rodent problem," said Viswanathan.
He said the inspections have pointed out "regulations we weren't aware of."

1. There were flies hovering around where we were eating.

2. Cramped, not too much place to move, extremely noisy ...not only because of guests, but waiters walking around franitcally. 

3. Our waiter served us holding the beer glasses by hand. I mean, when you order beer elsewhere they normally bring it on a tray and then the guy picks up the glass and puts it on the table. No! this dude brought the beer in a glass, holding it in his hands, with fingers touching the rim (where you'd put it on your lips) right from the bar!!! 

4. Sweaty staff! Yes! The waiters were drenched in sweat, one guy's back was completely wet....drenched in disgusting perspiration!

(mouse droppings and urine in stored food, food stored in buckets meant for storing bleach, serving food expired in June 2005  :surprised-038: 

eppudo 2007 news, ippudu esthunnava kaka.....did you wake up from sleep after 7 yrs?

ledu ... ila kooda naduputara ani... 

as far as I know they all money hungry baskets ...they all don't follow ethics....I have seen places where the pick up left overs and serve the same left over to another customer...... Also they mix beef while making goat/lamb curry..... I have seen with my eyes.....believe it or not...

as far as I know they all money hungry baskets ...they all don't follow ethics....I have seen places where the pick up left overs and serve the same left over to another customer...... Also they mix beef while making goat/lamb curry..... I have seen with my eyes.....believe it or not...

+1

Galeez naa kodukulu. Even desi grocery stores lo expiry dates stickers pikeso leka daani meeda vere sticker veso ammuthaaru.