Jamaica---Stamping ---Approved ... :)

BillMarkSteve

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/81748-visa-approved-jamaica-october-1st-latest/

Hi friends,

Firstly...murthy forums helped us a lot....Thanks for this forum.

We are like 10 friends who joined for interview at knigston, Jamaica....

All got approvals.... :)

Our interview was at 1st october ...10.30 am slot....we arrived at embassy around 8am....finished the interview by 10.30 am....

There were 5 visa officers....so 5 visa counters....

1 white guy....low in voice....asking 10-15 questions ....3-4 documents....and approving visa...

1 brown guy----he is cool....asking 5-6 questions---2-3 documents....approving visa....

1 asian....****** guy....he is very young....asking 5-6 questions and 

2 american white  lady VO's...mid 30's of age....

one was cool and smiling....and looks casual....

other was having pale ...white women face....i was interviewd by the same officer....(even 3 of my other friends also went to same visa officer)

My interview was for about 20 minutes....asked about 5-6 documents....but finally gave me red slip and approved...

I was smiling most of the times during interview....and was moderate in tone in answering....

VO: Hi

ME:Hi , how are you doing....?

VO: good

ME:ok....

VO: why r u here today?

ME: for my h1b visa stamping... 

VO: is this ur 1st h1b visa ?

ME: i said ...its my h1b extension

(actually she mean....is this ur 1st h1b stamping ....but i thought...she was asking about my h1b approval and told its my extension)

VO: (she verified the system and ....my passport pages for h1b visa stamping....but she could not find it....so said)....i didnt see ur previous stamping ....

ME:I said.... sorry....i came here for my first h1b stamping...

VO: its ok...i got it...

ME:ok....

VO: who is ur client ?

ME:xxxxx

VO: can i see ur w2's....?

ME:sure madam...

VO: also can i see ur client letter and employer letter... ?

ME:gave it....

she veriifed my w2's....client letter and employer letter thoroughly....and entered something in the system.....

VO: whats is ur role at client ?

ME:i work as programmer analyst ?

VO: what excatly u do ?

ME: i work on so n so technologies.....

VO: who is ur employer ?

ME:XXXXX

VO: how long u r working with this employer ?

ME:for all 3 years ....

VO: ok....where did u do ur MS ?

ME:xxxxx

VO: did u work while on OPT ?

ME: yes...i worked during on my OPT

VO: u worked for same employer only ?

ME: yes...all through my OPT., OPT stem....initial h1b....h1b extension also...i was working with my employer.....

VO: ok....so u r maintinaing status all the way...

ME:yes....madam....

VO: Did u got , read and understood the broucher ?

ME: i said ...yes i did....

(broucher will be given at entrance of embassy while taking the token number )

VO:when r u leaving jamaica ?

ME:(my interview was in wednseday....)so said...on saturday im returning....

VO: she gave me the red slip....and said come and collect ur passport on friday at 2Pm...

ME: Thank u very much....have a great day....

She is the tough interviewer of all at the consulate ....like she spends almost 20-30 minutes with each candidate...verifying....w2's...client....employer letter....i797's....new and old....asking for additional docuemnts ....but finally approving visa...

Tips and suggestions i can give other than other's posting :

1...carry two pens.. while going for interview....u have to fill some forms during interview....finger prints...

2...arrive at embassy as soon as possible before interview....even 2 hours before interview time....is fine...

our interview time is at 10.30 am....but we reached embassy at 8 am....and finished everything by 10.30 am....

3...PLEASE..... PLEASE.... please....dont request visa officer...to return passport early....after approval...

let the visa officer decide the return date and time....(asking for early passport date....making vo hesitate and frustate them....and chances are more that we are screwing up interview process for coming candidates.....)

plan atleast 4 days of stay at jamaica.....one day u arrive....next interview day....one day gap....4th day passport pick up and return....

4....finding cabs in jamaica is very very tough....waste of time....waste of money also...if u dont have a cab driver....u r stuck.....

we found a awesome cab driver....his name is dexter....(tell u r karthik (me) friend....)

call him 2-3 times....before 3-4 days of arrival to jamaica....also he texts in whatsapp....

DEXTER---  +1-  876-371-9646

he is the best guy...he charges money very reaqsonable....very punctual in picking and dropping....knows all visa process...because he picks and drops many desi ppl like us...also he is like a guide....he will tell a lot about jamaica.....

5...go to ocho rios....dunn water falls hiking....

lime cay is a beautiful island....in carribean sea....a normal motor boat will take u there....the ride is so adventurous and scary....but thrilling too... :)

6....drink coconut.....eat sugar cane....which are very famous in jamaica

so-so sea food restuarnat is the best place to eat if u r a sea food lover....

Jerk chicken is awesome....cab driver dexter knows where to take u .....for tasty food....

Tamarind is the best indian restaurant...so delicious food...but expensive too...

pushpa restaurant is ok-ok....

7...we went to triple century bar....chris gayle owns it....met chris gayle 2 times....had solo and group pics with him....

he uploaded our pics in twitter and from there to cricinfo also.... :)

All the best....

for any information....do ask me....here :)

• Upvote 1

looked at your pic @ gayle's twitter

cool bro....ekkada chusav nuvvu ??

twitter ?? cricinfo ??

aa blue shirt lo gayle pakkana nene bro...

full hand shakes....pub racha vundi....

triple century bar lo full peaks lo undi...

jamaican fashion show kuda ayyindi.....

ipl10.gifipl10.gif