Jamaica--Jamaica--Jamaica----H1B---Stamping.

BillMarkSteve

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BillMarkSteve

• pachimirchi

• Uchiha

• raj_hyd

This was the info posted in DB donno if you check it ( just in case)

Fill DS-160 first -- https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Sel jamaica -- start an Application .... you will get a confirmation number

create account(use confirmation number from above)  at --  https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

Pay the fees here then see the dates thats it.

follow this checklist for documents.

Slot 1
· Visa Appointment Letter
· DS 160 Confirmation
· Passport
· Photographs
Slot 2
· I 797
· I 129 Petition
· LCA for New Company
· Vendor Letter
· I797 Old
· Old LCA for Another Company
Slot 3
· Pay checks 2013
· Bank Statements 2013
· Pay checks 2012
· Bank Statements 2012
Slot 4
· Supporting Documents for Client
· Organization Chart
· Email for HR
· Communicator and Conversations
· Email conversations
· Acknowledgement Letters
· Client Time Sheets
Slot 5
· W2 documents
· Employment Verification Letter
· Employment Offer Letter
· Employment Contracts
· Letter From Employer requesting to Grant Visa
· Affidavit with List of Employees & Immigration Status
· Timesheets
· Status Reports
· Performance Review

Slot 6
· Employer–PDS Agreements
· Employer– PDS PO
· Employer– PDS Invoices
Slot 7
· 2ndQtr. 2013 941 Quarterly Report
· 2ndQtr. 2013 TX Wage Reports
· 1stQtr. 2013 941 Quarterly Report
· 1stQtr. 2013 TX Wage Report
· 940 for 2012
· 2011 Tax Returns
· EmployerGood Standing Letter
· EmployerHUB( Historically Underutilized Business ) Certification
· EmployerMinority Certification
· Employer Company Profile
Slot 8
· Resume
· Project Document (COFEE ANYWHERE)
Slot 9
· All i 20’s
· OPT Cards (2)
· Diploma & Transcript
Slot 10
· Certifications
Slot 11
· PG Diploma
· PG Transcript
· Bachelors Diploma
· Bachelors Transcript
· Board Of intermediate
· Board of Secondary ( 10thClass)
Slot 12 (Misc.)
· SSN Card print
· Drivers License
· Health Insurance Card

Thank you

Hi all,

This post will give you all the information related to applying the H1B visa in U.S Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica.

Booking Visa Interview:

The following link explains the complete process in detail.

http://kingston.usem..._to_apply2.html

Step I: Fill DS 160 form

DS 160 form can be filled online from the following link.

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

There are three buttons (as mentioned in the screenshot) on the website.

START AN APPLICATION: This option is used to start a new application. This option is greyed out till the visa consulate location is selected from the drop down.

UPLOAD AN APPLICATION:  This option is rarely used. No need to complete the application in one sitting. The application can be saved online or to the computer (as .dat file) at our will. Data in the online saved application will be erased if it is not modified within 30 days. So the application can be saved to the computer as .dat file and upload it to the online site.

RETRIEVE AN APPLICATION: This option is used to retrieve a saved application online.

DS 160 Help:

Here is the complete guide to fill the DS 160 form.

http://www.immihelp....form-guide.html

Important NoteNo need to complete and submit the DS 160 form to book the Visa interview date. Just fill the first page and keep the application ID for your records. DS 160 application ID is same as DS 160 confirmation number. To book the visa slot DS 160 confirmation number is requiredSo just use the application ID to book the visa slot and submit the DS 160 form later (a week before the interview is also fine)J.

The application ID (starts with AA followed by 8 alpha numeric characters) located on the top right corner. This application ID is mandatory to retrieve a saved application online.

Step IIPay Visa fee online

Use the following link.

https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

• Create an account and sign in.
  • Pay the visa fee using USA credit card
  • I-797A receipt number, passport details and DS 160 confirmation number (Also known as application ID)

Step III: Schedule a visa appointment

• Book the visa slot well in advance.
  • Can reschedule the interview if needed.

Step IV: Reserve the hotels

Use the following sites

www.booking.com

www.airbnb.com

www.tripadvisor.com

I advise you to stay in New Kingston area. Here are some recommended hotels.

Knutsford court Hotel

Altamont Court Hotel

Liguanea Club

Step V: Buy the flight ticket

Use the following sites

www.expedia.com

www.travelocity.com

As I mentioned in the previous articles please buy the tickets on Tuesday/Wednesday morning to get cheap fares.

Important: We have created a facebook group for H1B visa in Jamaica. We have posted so many pictures and some interesting videos and also all the articles I have posted here. . Feel free to join our group.

Facebook Group Name: Jamaica....!!!!

All the very best J

Thanks,

Jamaica H1B Visa Group

===================================================

Hi all,

This is the Third post in the series of posts about H1B stamping in Jamaica.

Please go troough the previous posts in this series from the following links. You can also find my posts on my profile page.

First of all, I am sorry for the delay in writing up my next post. As I promised I am writing up another post to cover some more important aspects including Port of entry questions while entering USA from Jamaica.

Jamaica Visa:

All common wealth countries including India don't need a visa to enter Jamaica. Usually they give 1 or 3 months visa at Port of entry.

About Jamaica:

You feel Jamaica as home away from home. People here are very friendly and ready to socialize. You will notice that all the following are exactly same between India and Jamaica.

Weather

Vehicle Driving

Coconuts on the road side

& many more...

Travel Plans:

Just carry basic medicines to be on safe side.

More Restaurants:

Cuddy'z (Courtly Walsh’s restaurant)

Pushpa (Indian Restaurant - right next to Embassy)

Gloria’s (Near Lime Cay beach) – you will get very yummy fresh fried fish

Places to cover:

Montego Bay Holiday Inn Sunspree resort

This is a must visit place. It is four hours from new Kingston. You would definitely love this place. Have a blast here.

Passport pickup

When you go for passport pick up please ensure you verify the following details before you leave the embassy.

No misspellings

Given name

Last name

Same as I-797A

I-797A Receipt number (incorrect number)

Employer name (sometimes you may notice incomplete names)

If you notice any of the above details are incorrect please bring them to Visa Officer's notice. They will correct it and give you the new visa in few minutes. If not they will ask you to come on following day to pick up the passport. In the worst case be prepared to reschedule the flight ticket if you come across these issues.

If your F1 visa is expired Visa officer will put a stamp on the F1 visa page stating it has been cancelled. If your F1 visa is not expired they won't put a stamp on the F1 visa page. You can ask the Visa officer to cancel it as you already have H1B visa when you go for the passport pick up.

C5 Card:

This will be given to you in the flight while going to Kingston. This form contains two parts (Arrival record and departure record). At the Port of Entry in Kingston they will tear the C5 card and take the Arrival record. You have to keep the departure record safe. You have to return this when you leave Jamaica.

You have to select “vacation checkbox” for the “purpose of trip” field.

Travel Expenses

We would expect the total Jamaica trip should costs you anywhere between $1500 and $2000 (This includes everything – flight tickets, hotel expense, food, resorts, site seeing etc…)

Boarding Process in Kingston airport (KIN):

I recommend you to reach the airport before 2 hrs. Here to get the boarding passes you have to scan your passport and also need to enter your flight number/record locator and USA address.

Even then a security agent has to verify your Visa page and flight ticket details and then the agent has to scan his/her card to allow you to print your boarding passes. So be Patient. At the boarding they will take the departure record (C5 card)

Port of Entry in USA

If you are travelling to your final destination via Miami, FL ensure you save lot of energy as you have to walk around 1 mile to reach the Customs area.

Here are the Port of Entry Questions from Miami, FL and ATL, GA.

1. Why did you go to Jamaica?

A. Went for vacation and also to have my H1b stamping done

2. How was your vacation?

A. pretty good

3. Are you still working for "employer name"?

A. Yes

4. What does your employer do?

A. explain briefly

5. What do you do for your employer?

A. Tell them your role and one or two key responsibilities

He said "Welcome back" that's it

He will put the stamp. Of course you have to give a nice pose to the camera and also have to put your right hand four fingers on the scanner.

On the Port of Entry stamp you will see Visa type (H1B) and the expiration date as either Passport expiration date or H1B expiration date. So don't worry about this.

I-94 Record:

I-94 process has been changed. You won't get I-94 on a physical paper. It is online now. After you return to USA, go through the following website (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94) to print your I-94 record. Staple this to your passport. Mostly your I-94 record should be online immediately but sometimes it might take couple of weeks to find your I-94 record online. So be patient.

FAQ:

Q: Do I need visa to go to Jamaica?

A. NO. All the common wealth countries including India don't need Jamaica Visa

Q: Should I book a round trip ticket?

A: Buy two seperate one way tickets. Buy the retrun ticket night before you go to Jamaica (you will have 24 hr free cancellation time. Based on the passport pick up time reschedule the return ticket).

Q: How to book a hotel?
Use trip advisor/airbnb/booking websites

Q: How to go to hotel from Kingston airport?

A. Don't worry. There will be so many cab drivers waiting to pick you up from the airport. They will drop you safely at the hotel.

Q: How to call the cab driver?
A. Please Contact hotel reception. I already mentioned cab driver details in the previous posts.

Q: how to make phone calls to india over wi-fi?
A. Use vonage extension app

Q: How much money should I carry?

A: $400 (At least 20 $5 bills)

Q: How much is the expected total travel expense for the trip?

A: $1500 - $2000 (including flight tickets, hotels, food and site seeing etc..)

Q: Can I expect decent internet connection in Jamaica hotels?

A: Of Course, yes

Q: what are the recommended hotels to stay in Jamaica?

A: Knutsford court Hotel

Altamont Court Hotel

Liguanea Club

Q: How about the restaurants in Jamaica?

A: Indian Restaurants:

Tandoor (This is the best)
Tamarind (They deliver the food directly to the hotel rooms)

Pushpa (Indian Restaurant - right next to Embassy)
Indies

Other food places
Pizza hut
Domino’s Pizza
Burger King
KFC

Cuddy'z (Courtly Walsh’s restaurant)

Gloria’s (Near Lime Cay beach) – you will get very yummy fresh fried fish
So-So Seafood grill & bar (food is really yummy here)
Triple Century bar (this is Chris Gayle’s bar)
Usain Bolt bar

Q: Places to cover?

A: Blue mountains

Strawberry Hills
Lime Cay beach

Montego Bay Holiday Inn Sunspree resort

Q: More questions??

A. No problem, Go through my posts again.

Important: We have created a facebook group for H1B visa in Jamaica. We have posted so many pictures and some interesting videos and also all the articles I have posted here. From now on I will be posting my next posts in the facebook group. Feel free to join our group.

Facebook Group Name: Jamaica....!!!!

We hope your H1B visa in Jamaica will become a cake walk and we would like to hear more stuff from you.

All the very best :-) See you all in the facebook group.

Thanks,

• bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Hi all,

I have posted my H1B visa experience in jamaica in my previous post. Please go through my previous post from the following link. You can also find my posts on my profile page.

I did notice that I have to write up another post to cover the remaining aspects about the H1B visa stamping in Jamaica.

Travel Plans:

It would be nice to bring at least toothPaste if not the entire travel kit (usually paste, body wash and deodrant).
Call your cell phone carrier (Ex: AT & T) to have the international roaming activated for your trip ( it might cost you around $30)
Call your credit card customer care service to activate international use in case the cash ($300) is not enough.

Food:

I also forgot to talk about the food options available which is an important part of the Jamaica trip.

If you like Indian food, there are some nice Indian restaurants in New Kingston.

Tandoor (This is the best)
Tamarind (They deliver the food directly to the hotel rooms)
Indies

Other food places

Pizza hut
Dominos Pizza
Burger King
KFC

Don't miss the following places in Kingston

So-So Seafood grill & bar (food is really yummy here)
Triple Century bar (this is Chris gayle's bar)
Usain Bolt bar

Internet:

One of the most important things as most of us like to work remotely. All the hotels I have mentioned in my previous post have decent high speed internet connection. So all of you can work remotely without any issues here.

Passport Pickup Time:

Usually the answer depends on the visa officer. Some get their passport next day. some get after 2 days/3 days. Most common annswer should be 2 days.

Example: If the visa interview date in Monday then you should get it on Wednesday afternoon 2 pm in most cases. But it is alos possible to get it on Tuesady/ Thursday afternoon 2 pm as I mentioned.

Return ticket:

If you book the flight ticket through expedia you can have 24 hrs time to cancel your ticket with full refund.

I my case I noticed that the cancel time was 48 hrs instead of 24 hrs. The only reason I could think of this scenario is booking the flight ticket on weekend (Saturday/Sunday) as weekend is not a business day.

I am moving on to cover the most exciting part of the tour. Of Course site seeing because we want to enjoy our vacation as well.

Post Visa Interview Plans:

Following are the places to cover in Jamaica

As I mentioned in my previous post Call Kevin Brown (Cab Driver) to book the cab. He charged us $40 per head (We are group of 9 people) for the following places.

1.Blue mountains

Here they will show you how the coffee plants are cultivated and also tell you about the world's coffee history. Of Course they will give you some coffee. They will give you condensed milk (milk kova) which tastes really good.
Don't miss this place.

2. Strawberry Hills

Here strawberry Bilss (Champagne + strawberry mix) is very nice. it is complementary drink. A must visit place.

3. Lime Cay beach

you go to this place on a boat and you relax your vacation time here. Also there so many restaurants around this place. These places are famous for fresh seafood.

Hope You will enjoy all these places :-)

Important note: If you have plans to spend sometime playing playing cards you better get them from USA because nobody sells Playing cards here. Don't ask me why :-)

I Hope all of you will have your visas approved and will have some nice vacation time in Jamaica :-)

I will be posting the following topic in my next post.

"Port of Entry questions while returning to USA after the sucessful H1B stamping".

Thanks,

• 13 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hi All, 

Me and couple of friends had visa interview scheduled today (2/10/2014) in Kingston, Jamaica. We would like thank Murthy forum for helping out in the process, and we would like to share our experience  

Travel plans:

Don’t forget to buy return ticket and also reserve a hotel beforehand.

Carry around $300 USD (at least 20 $5 bills. You will pay only $5 to travel anywhere in Kingston.)

Note: from airport to hotels in New Kingston costs you $15 per head. If you go in group it might cost you around $10 to $12.5)

We stayed in Knutsford court Hotel (It is decent place to stay). One my friend stayed in Altamont Court Hotel. Overall I would recommend the following hotels.

Knutsford court Hotel

Altamont Court Hotel

Liguanea Club

Buying the flight ticket:

I strongly recommend you to buy two separate one way tickets. Intially buy a one way ticket to Kingston (book it at any time). Buy the return ticket night before you leave for Kingston. so you can cancel the return ticket based on your passport pick up time (This is for people who don't have any vacation plans and may to return immediately after the visa interview)

Important: Usually Flight tickets are less expensive if you book them on Tuesday/Wednesday. Guys beleive me I have personally experienced it. You will see at least $100 to $150 difference.

Cab Driver details:

Name: Kevin Brown (he is a certified Jamaica tourism member. He is a fun guy to be with. You can rely on him throughout your trip.)

Ph: 876-446-6628/774-6058 (local)

Note: Don’t forget to bring a pen, stapler, and paper clips (you can get them from OfficeMax)

Port Of Entry:

They will ask for the following documents:

Passport

Visa Appointment Confirmation Letter

DS-160 Confirmation letter

Return Ticket

Hotel Reservation Page

Jamaica Immigration/Customs C5 Card (they will give in flight to fill out, similar to i-94)

Port of Enrty Questions:

Q: Purpose of Visit?

A: Visa Interview Appointment.

Q: Where are you staying?

A: Hotel Name.

Q: How long are you planning to stay?

A: Told return flight date.

Q: Questions related to Customs, like if you are carrying any valuable.

A: No.

Visa Interview:

My Interview was at 7.00 AM, was at US Consulate at 6.15 AM.

The key thing to the visa interview success is have enough paper work, be confident and, smile whenever appropriate and maintain eye to eye contact with the visa officer. I am sure you will get it.

There will be four stages.

Stage1: Initial Check outside:

They will ask for the following documents:

Passport

DS-160 confirmation letter

Visa Appoint Confirmation Letter.

Passport Photo.

Suggestion: take your picture with white background, and also even if you wear glasses take pic with no glasses. Even if you have missed it no need to worry, there is place opposite to consulate to take picture and give you in 5 minutes.

Important:Keep the departure receipt save with you, given at customs. You need to return this while leaving Kingston. 

They will staple your i-797, Photo to passport. 

After Initial Check, you will guide into building. 

Stage2: Security Check:

They allow bags inside If you want to carry your documents in bag. No electronic devices are allowed. 

After security check, they will guide you different building. Based on first come first server, they will give you token number, which they staple it to DS-160 confirmation page. 

After that you will be guided to next room which has set of visa counters, where you will be seated.

Stage3: Ten Print (finger prints):

Initial Step: 10-print.

They will look your passport.

Ten-printed for both your hands. 

Normally they don’t ask questions. 

Again Finger Scan:

They will scan you one hand (based on gender, for male they scan right hand, and for female they scan left hand) - This is second time. 

Don't ask why second scan. :-) 

Wait for your Interview; they call you based on token number. 

Stage4: Actual Interview:

Visa Interview Experience: (Below is the bunch questions asked to me and my friends together)

Q: Who is your Employer Name?

A: Name of my petitioner.

Q: How long are you with your employer?

A: XX months.

Q: Where is your Employer located?

A: Place 

Q: Can I have your recent paytstub or bank statement?

A: Gave him recent paystub.

Q: Who is your previous employer?

A: Name

Q: How long did you work with your previous employer?

A: XX Years

Q: How long did you stay in U.S?

A: Xx years

Q: How many employers did you work with since you come to US?

A: XX

Q: Where did you do you Masters?

A: Univ Name.

Q: What is your Major?

A: Answer

Q: When did you complete your masters?

A: XX month and XX year

Q: When are you planning to travel/leave Kingston?

A: Your return ticket date/day.

I heard the magical words “Visa Approved”. 

Passport Pickup:

Gave a red slip with when you come and pick up the passport. They will ask you come to consulate to pick up the passport. 

Any questions please feel free to post here.

Thanks,

Stamping sucessfully done on Aug 18.

Questions asked at US embassy:

1. How many H1s before?

2. Previous I797 copy

3. MS University?

4. All I20s

5. W2

6. Job responsibilities.

Question at POE:

1. Is this you 1st H1?

Welcome back.

Other Info:

Place we stayed in Kingston:

Tarik, we contacted through airbnb. Charged $70 for 2 persons/night.

Safe place and a very good guy. You can trust him.

Wifi was good. The only problem was a drought going on in Jamaica so there was no water for us after 10.00 PM until 6.00 AM. This is not the case if you stay in a hotel.

He also provided us a guest cell phone for local usage.

Cab Driver Name:

Lizzy

876-858-8440

Contact him. He is very friendly and realiable guy.

Also you don't have to depend on any cab drivers. There are two good cab companies

On TIme: 876-926-3866

City Guide: 876-758-2279

These guys are on time and charge $4 to almost all the places close by.

You can contact cab drivier lizzy to go see places around he charges very reasonable prices compared to other cab driviers.

Grocerry:

Empire super market very close to embassy. Reasonlable prices.

Print outs:

There is one shop close to empire super market you can take you usb drive or use internet to take pint outs.

Laundry:

Express Laundromat, Lady Musgrave Rd

They charge around $20 for one time load.

Restaurants

1. Scotchie’s, great jerk joint and bar, located on Chelsea Avenue off of Half Way Tree road. Jerk

Chicken, Pork, Fish, Sausages and more

2. Cannon Ball Café – Just up the road at Loshusan Plaza

3. Island Grill, these are pretty much everywhere great Jamaican fast food Chain. Closest one is

New Kingston on Knutsford Blvd, but you can also find one in Half Way Tree and Cross Roasds

4. Mothers, another great Jamaican fast food, great patties

5. Tastees, another patty store plus other Jamaican food on Half Way Tree Road

6. Pita Grill is cheap and good quick food in Liguanea Orchid Village Plaza

7. Wing King is quick and good, Half Way Tree, Sovereign Centre Mall

8. Cuddy’s is a great sports bar at the New Kingston Shopping Centre, Dominica Drive of Knutsford

Blvd

9. Pushpa’s is excellent Indian food and also Tamarind. They are very close to US embassy.

10. Earls Juice Garden is great vegetarian food

11. New Leaf is great vegetarian food in Lane Plaza in Liguanea

12. Starapples is a great sit down Jamaican restaurant, not too pricy.

13. If you want very nice (and pricey) check out restaurants at Market Place, Guilt Trip, Red Bones,

or Majestic (Japanese).

14. If you want great Sea Food check out Gloria’s (not too pricey, lobster is a steal) in Port Royal

(kinda far, but worth the trip)

Things to do in and around Kingston

1. Lime Caye

2. Castleton Gardens

3. Hike to Blue Mountain Peak

4. Culture Yard(The real Bob Marley Musuem)

5. Bob Marley Museum (the tourist trap)

6. Liberty Hall, Marcus Garvey’s Museum

7. The National Gallery

8. The Institute of Jamaica

9. Cinchona Gardens (amazing hike)

10. Fort Clarence Beach (great well kept beach with great fish)

11. Helshire Beach, right next to Fort Clarence, more popular, more people, less relaxing, very

“vibesy”

Things to do in Nearby Portland

1. Blue Lagoon

2. Sommerset Falls

3. Reach Falls

4. Long Bay Beach

5. Boston Bay Beach and Boston Jerk

6. Frenchman’s Cove

7. San San Beach

Night Life - Don't walk ater 10.00 PM. Take only cabs.

1. Club Escape (Knutsford Blvd)

2. Quad Nightclub (New Kingston)

3. Fiction

4. The Deck

5. Club Riddim

6. Lime Light

7. Stone Love HQ on a Wednesday Night

8. Wicky Wacky (live music in bull bay one off events)

9. Jamnesia live amateur music, every other Saturday

10. “Seh Suppn Poetry” Village Café last Sunday of the month

11. Rev in Portmore

12. Bousie Tuesdays (Maxfield Avenue)

The other places worth visiting

Ocho Rios - must visit place

Stawberry hills

Blue mountains

Montego Bay

Nigril

Hello everyone. 

Who all have interview from 30 OCT till 7 NOV . everyone please follow this post.. 

If you have questions, enquires or anything.. please post here..

we all can use this as reference for everything and everyone who is in need.

Accommodation wise: 

After doing many research and even contacting my old friends who live in Jamaica. I came to this conclusion. 

If you book a hotel in NEW KINGSTON area you all are safe.. no need to worry, which ever hotel you book does not matter. Depending on the budget you can spend book a hotel.

But make sure you book in NEW KINGSTON AREA only, which is far better safe location.

I tired my level best to get all the information which might be useful to many for documentation.

To get into Kingston, Jamaica :
-----------------------------
Return Ticket

To get into interview location :
------------------------------
1) I-797 : Original
2) DS-160 Confirmation
3) Interview appointment letter
4) Latest photos : 2

Supporting documents :
--------------------
1) PayStubs : Last 6 months
2) Client Letter with latest dates(If not at least an email from client or vendor letter)
3) Attorney Cover letter
4) I-129 Forms
5) Certified LCA
6) I-797 copies
7) Employer offer letter/ Supporting documents
8) Itinerary of Work Sites from Employer
9) Title/Duties/Supervisor details from Employer
10) Bank statements: Last 6 months
11) Client Information/ Pictures/ ID/ Work Calendar/ Email Communication
12) Master Service Agreement/ PO between Client, Vendor & Employer
13) Passport Copy - All Pages
14) Previous Visa photocopy
15) Previous I-94
16) Latest Resume
17) SSN/ DL/ Health Card
18) Educational Certificates/ Certifications
19) W2 Forms/ Tax returns
20) If you have any Green Card approved petitions
21) G-28 form(If your petition filed through your company lawyer instead by your employer)

F1 - H1 (above/below document Plus these)

1. Passport (old and new)

2. I-797 Original
3. 2 Pictures passport size
4. Visa appointment confirmation
5. DS-160 confirmation
6. W2's 
7. Pay stubs
8. LCA
9. Bank statements showing direct deposit
10. i-20s
11. OPT - EAD Cards

Some more references 

1.       Consolidated List of Documents Required:I-797A approval form

2.       Employment Verification Letter     indicating nature of work(position), duration(date hired) and salary

3.       Offer Letter from Present    Company

4.       I-129 petition for a non-immigrant worker

5.       H Classification Supplement to Form I-129

6.       H1-B Data collection and Filing   Fee Exemption Supplement

7.       Certified Labor Condition  Application (LCA)

8.       Petitioner's Letter submitted  in support of the I-129 petition

9.       Company Year Papers (Annual Report)/(Brochure)

10.   Company Tax documents

12.   Last (Recent) Quarter tax     Returns.

13.   W2's (all the years) + Your Previous years IT Tax returns filed with Federal and state

14.   Statement of Work. (including Current SOW)

15.   Pay stubs (@least 6months)

16. Bank Statements (showing the pay cheque deposits into your account matching your pay stubs)

16.   client letters, vendor letter's,

17.   SOW's between client and vendor

18.   Photographs (your company photographs and your also carry your work station photographs)

20.   Employee Employer relationship docs.(Status meetings emails with employer, and time sheets, benefits provided by employer , and so on )

21.   Company - Employee ID  Card/Badge (if available)

23.DS 160 conformation page

24. Appointment confirmation letter

25.PIMPS verification update

26. resume with updated  client names

More documentation:

Visa Appointment Letter

DS 160 confirmation Page
DS 160 photos ( 2 )

Passport
All H1B Approvals
All H1B Petitions - This will have LCA copies, I129 and other they might ask you
All LCAs
All Tax documents
All W2s
Paystubs
Bank statements
Driver License
Educational Documents
Work location pics
Badge
Vendor letter ( if EVC model )
Time sheets
Emails – Work related
Client letter - if not take a print out from client saying they cannot give letter
Resume - Just in case

Passport copy all relevant pages

I am also taking taking copies of above in addition to originals

Employment Letter from your employer
Employment Verification Letter
Company Financials

http://forum.murthy....__fromsearch__1

this is helpful stuff for documents..

Type this title """"" H-1 Visa Affidavit in Hyderabad US Consulate """ in youtube site you will get the nice document list needed for H1 

this is the some of the list of detailed documents which u need : 

original copy I797 old 
I797 new 
LCA 
copy I129 
H1B Data collection and filing fee exemption suppliment 
H classification supplement to form I129 
Passport copy of all pages
univ diplomas /degree certificate 
Marks memo --transcript 
Btech certificates 
pay stuffs most recent. 
client letter 
yearly tax returns (last 2 yrs) 
Quarterly federal tax 
wage reports 
employee list 
Purchase orders 
PAssport 
pay stuffs 
W2 
petition documents
Bi weekly reports
contract between petitioner and vendor
contract between vendor and client
timesheets - 2 months
employment offer letter to me/job offer letter
employment letter
3 month bank statments
tax 1040 return file
resume
client badge
monthly rent bill
proof of payment between petitioner and vendor
photos at client location
petitioner invitation letter
DS 160
extra passport size photo
copy of I140

https://www.youtube....h?v=pNtfB7HNnb8

Follow this post also : 

http://forum.murthy....hl=+check +list

Questions  which might come up in interview : beprepare before only.. 

Questions:

MASTERS Questions:

• Did you do your master's in United States? / Did you study in US?
  • How long u been in states?
  • What is your highest degree?
  • What was your major?
  • Where did you do your Masters? / Which university?

• When did you complete your MS? / When did you graduate?

• Can I see your MS certificate?

• Any Specific/ specialization courses u did in MS?

• What did you do after your Master's or Graduation?

• Where did you start working? / To which company did you start working?

• which companies you worked for prior to the current employer company?

• What Was your role in your previous job?

• Who have been your employers since you graduated?

• For which company did you work in the past? 

• What were you doing before you were with your employer?

H1B Questions:

• How long you been working in United States?

• Is this your first H-1b?

• Since how long have you been on H1?

• From which place did you come to Canada? / Where did you come from?

• Where you on different project than the project when your petitioner filed you H-1B?

• Are you applying for the same company or other?

• What visa were you in USA before? 

Personal Questions

• Where do you live? / Where do you stay?

• Are you married?

• Do you have any arrested history or did any law enforcement officials contacted you? 

• When you last visited India?

• Have you ever been out of the country?

• What is your location right now?

Employer Questions

• Are you working with XXXX company ? / Who is your employer? / Whom do you work for? / Who is petitioning for you today? / Who is your petitioner?

• Where is your employer located?

• Who is your CEO?

• Address of employer

• What is your qualification for this job?

• What is your employer business? / What's your employer? / What does your employer do? / What is your company about?

• What do you do for your company? / What are your duties/roles and responsibilities? / What is your title and what do u do for your employer? / What is your designation? / What is your job? / What is your role in your company?

• Can you please elaborate the duties?

• How much duration u r working with your employer? / How long you been working with your employer? / When did you join your employer?

• What is your annual salary? / How much do you get paid? / How much is your income? / What is your pay?

• Do you discuss pay and wages with your employer? 

• Why is your salary fluctuating? Why there is deduction on paystubs? / Why so much change in salary?

• Show me ur bank statements

• Why is your pay less in last year W2?

• Show me your W2 worked for your employer.

• Show me your pay stubs

• Where do you work at?

• How do you like xxxxx place?

• Do you have any issues/problems with your employer?

• How do you get your work assignments?

• Does your employer know about your projects?

• Whom do you report to? What you will report to your employer?

• How do you report to your employer? - Weekly status call, biweekly status report, stand-up calls when necessary

• Who will allocate the work? 

• Is there any gap (sitting idle) during change of the clients? / Are you on bench? / Does your company ever bench you?

• I can see that your employer does not pay on time? 

• Does your employer maintain employer-employee relationship? How?

• How many employees does your employer have, and any one work in same location with you?

• How your employer and Vendor are related?

• Are you satisfied with all the companies you work or worked for?

• Are you happy with your employer?

CLIENT Questions:

• From what time who have been working with your current client?

• How long with client and employer? / Same time with employer and Client?

• Do you have an end client? Do you have client letter?

• Who is your End client?

• What do they do?

• How long you been working with your end client? / How many months you worked for this client? / How much duration you are working with Client?

• Do you travel to client place? / Do you travel every week to client location?
• What is your position with the client?

• Where is your client located?

• How far Client is from your place?

• Do you work at a client site?

• Any other employees working from your company at client?

• What do you work at Client? / What is your work at client location?
• Do you have supervisor/manager at XXX client and what is his name?

• How long is the project with your client?

BACHELORS AND F1 Questions:

• Where you did your bachelors? Is it technical?

• Did you do your undergraduate in US?

Vendor Questions:

• Do you have vendor? / Do you have any layers?

• What does your vendor do?

• Do you have any one between your client and employer?

• How come your Vendor found your client?

once you all are done with your visa , please share your experiences, so that it will be helpful to others, who are like us following this post.. 

Anyone need want to get more information. I already have my signature email . you can just leave me a message, i will reply back to you all. 

Thought of sharing with you guys, might be useful

First you need to get Canadian visiting visa, either multiple visit or single visit. You can either mail your docs(which would take around 1 month to get your passport back) and go in person( You can get visa in 1 day).

Required docs for canadian visa are

http://www.cic.gc.ca...ations/visa.asp

Following are the documents i carried:
1. Application form
2. Family Information
3. Copy of I 797 form
4. Employment Letter
5. PayStubs
6. 2 photographs
7. Bank Statements for 3 months
8. Invitation letter - Not mandatory

The fee per person is $100 for a multiple entry visa

Please refer below link for detailed instructions on latest Canada TRV process.

http://www.andhrafri...online-process/

Courtesy: Nissan mayya

Refer below link for how to pay fees

http://www.canadaint...ais.aspx?view=d

After you get your canadian visa, you need to fill DS-160 from below site
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

after you complete your ds 160, you need to book appointment at below site.
http://usvisa-info.c...country_welcome

Required docs for h1b stamping are, and which is not limited to
Checklist:

1. Passport and Passport copies of all pages
2. I-797 – Original
3. DS-160 confirmation page (Barcode printout)
4. Original interview appointment letter
5. I-129 &H1B cover letter
6. Copy of LCA
7. Pay stubs for the last 2 years
8. Employer letter/ Employment Verification Letter
9. Client Letter – Make sure Client mention Petitioner’s name in the Letter
10. Vendor letter
11. Employer agreement / Employment contract letter signed by you and Employer Company (Original) / Contract between candidate and petitioner
12. Experience letter
13. Project documents
14. Organization Structure
15. Employer Tax returns 3 years and financial statements
16. Quarterly unemployment wage reports for last 6 quarters and Employers list (Org chart)
17. Notarized list of all employees from my company at the listed job site with specified information about each employee
18. H1B data collection and filing fee exemption supplement
19. H classification supplement to form I129
20. H1B visa petition and supporting docs filed with USCIS
21. SOW (Vendor - Client) / Contract between vendor and client – IF Possible
22. Work Orders / Purchase order (Employer - Vendor)
23. Contract between petitioner and vendor
24. Proof of payment
25. Letters verifying your employment history and specific work skills (promotion/ appreciation/project certification letters) (if available/applicable)
26. W2’s and Tax Returns (for the entire period of your stay in USA)
27. Bank statements for last 2 years highlighting Direct deposits 
28. Previous I-797A and LCA (If any)
29. Updated Resume
30. I 20's (All Original)
31. OPT Cards
32. Work location pictures
33. Client ID/Badge, Employer ID/Badge
34. Timesheets
35. Client location photos (optional)
36. Two passport size photographs as per specification
37. Work Experience Certificates, reference letters, appreciation certificates from previous employer/s (from the start of your career)
38. All Original Academic Credentials along with mark sheets(MS, BTECH, INTER, 10th)
39. SSN card(Optional)
40. Drivers license
41. A detail report on the project that you will work on at client including the technical details, timeline, current status, employees assigned etc. / Status Reports
and any other documents that supports your application

Based on your status, you might need some more documents. Please check with your employer.

Update - 08/16/2012

Walk ins are allowed only in LA and NY consulates!

Migatha consulates ki docs mail cheyyali anta, entire process might take 30 to 45 days!

There are some visa service providers, who can drop your packets for you! Thanks to sujitha for giving this info.

http://canada.visahq...-United_States/

http://www.egvisaser...com/canada.html

Disclaimer:I am not sure about how genuine they are, so please do your research before going thru that service.

Visa Dates Thread : http://www.andhrafri...-updated-daily/

Update - 10/09/2012
Updated the checklist with more details from below posts! thanks all for keeping this thread alive.

Update - 4/23/2014

Canda TRV visa type changed to multiple type

Update - 6/11/2014

Updated the Canada TRV section with link posted by Nissan

==============================================

Billgatesu,

jamaica lo kavaalsina date lo slot book chayyadaniki evado unnadu anta kada. vaadu info vaste naaku kooda koddiga pampava? plz. any othe rinfo regarding kingston stamping would be appreciated:

This was the info posted in DB donno if you check it ( just in case)

Fill DS-160 first -- https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Sel jamaica -- start an Application .... you will get a confirmation number

create account(use confirmation number from above)  at --  https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

Pay the fees here then see the dates thats it.

follow this checklist for documents.

Slot 1
· DS 160 Confirmation
· Passport
· Photographs
Slot 2
· I 797
· I 129 Petition
· LCA for New Company
· Vendor Letter
· I797 Old
· Old LCA for Another Company
Slot 3
· Pay checks 2013
· Bank Statements 2013
· Pay checks 2012
· Bank Statements 2012
Slot 4
· Supporting Documents for Client
· Organization Chart
· Email for HR
· Communicator and Conversations
· Email conversations
· Acknowledgement Letters
· Client Time Sheets
Slot 5
· W2 documents
· Employment Verification Letter
· Employment Offer Letter
· Employment Contracts
· Letter From Employer requesting to Grant Visa
· Affidavit with List of Employees & Immigration Status
· Timesheets
· Status Reports
· Performance Review

Slot 6
· Employer–PDS Agreements
· Employer– PDS PO
· Employer– PDS Invoices
Slot 7
· 2ndQtr. 2013 941 Quarterly Report
· 2ndQtr. 2013 TX Wage Reports
· 1stQtr. 2013 941 Quarterly Report
· 1stQtr. 2013 TX Wage Report
· 940 for 2012
· 2011 Tax Returns
· EmployerGood Standing Letter
· EmployerHUB( Historically Underutilized Business ) Certification
· EmployerMinority Certification
· Employer Company Profile
Slot 8
· Resume
· Project Document (COFEE ANYWHERE)
Slot 9
· All i 20’s
· OPT Cards (2)
· Diploma & Transcript
Slot 10
· Certifications
Slot 11
· PG Diploma
· PG Transcript
· Bachelors Diploma
· Bachelors Transcript
· Board Of intermediate
· Board of Secondary ( 10thClass)
Slot 12 (Misc.)
· SSN Card print
· Drivers License
· Health Insurance Card

Thank you

================================================

http://w4win.blogspot.com/2013/12/jamaica-stamping-process-details.html

================================================

1.       Book to and fro ticket to Jamaica(Seperate itinerarys)

2.       Hotel : liguanea club or 

[email protected]

eemey peru kristin bro..

manchi aamey... aamey ki kuda koncham telisindi eemadhya indians vasthunaaru ani..

she has two places..

one two bedroom house( 4 ppl stayed together in tht place..later 2 more joined us..) 

two bathrooms, interenet a/c hotwater owen stove anni facilities undey...she gave free phone for local use..

3.        Fill ds 160 form here:

4.       https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

slect jamiaca if you are planning to Jamaica or Canada if you are planning to Canada..

5.       Then create account in CSC website to schedule interview. Create account,pay fee then you can schedule an interview

https://usvisa-info.com/en-jm/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

List of documents:

Slot 1
· DS 160 Confirmation
· Passport
· Photographs
Slot 2
· I 797 
· I 129 Petition
· LCA for New Company
· Vendor Letter