Don't Give Up

pravinyudu

Just wanted to share this.....No hard feelings on anyone. 

Came to US for MS in non CSE/IT 6 years back with lots of dreams like any other typical andhra guy. Univ is good with decent campus Full-Time placements in Amazon, Microsoft, Intel so on, but only for CSIT. Graduated with no job, depressed, devastated and almost joined for Ph.d in Europe as they provide 3K Euro per month during studies. Joined Consultancy with no interest, fortunately got the job in 2 weeks and never was on bench. Sticked to the technology, gained good experience and become a senior for a decent firm with good pay.

But, every day before I sleep, I felt something wrong in my mind with what I have been doing. Something that erupts like volcano and hurts whenever I receive a Pay check and for every dollar I get paid. Something that keeps bugging me every time I see someone who is as much confidant on you to fulfill the job(you are recruited for) with perfection as you strive to keep the same job to survive. (I think by now you got the point for my pain)

I decided to correct my track and have set a plan 2 years back. Do MBA in top schools (Even though I knew this is going to be more dangerous as I will need to pay 120K and sacrifice everything) and get a job that justifies my degree. The plan went well and even wrote this story in MBA essays. Got admission to one of the top 10 MBA schools in US and confirmed my admission. But this time, I will not let my weakness affect me. I will use this as an opportunity to correct my path that has been manipulated unfairly by everyone including me just because of monetary reasons.

If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing. (Copied from somewhere)

Added below for more clarification.

I am not writing this to boast myself. I am writing this hoping to inspire a guy or two. This is just my goal and each one has his/her own goal. But, just don't give up. It's easy to give up. Whatever you set for yourself, work hard and never give up. Luck may not be in your favor initially, but harder you work, luckier you get.

• Upvote 1

Came to US for MS in non CSE/IT 6 years back with lots of dreams like any other typical andhra guy. Univ is good with decent campus Full-Time placements in Amazon, Microsoft, Intel so on, but only for CSIT. Graduated with no job, depressed, devastated and almost joined for Ph.d in Europe as they give 3K Euro per month during studies. Joined Consultancy with no interest, fortunately got the job in 2 weeks and never was on bench. Sticked to the technology, gained good experience and become a senior for a decent firm with good pay.

But, every day before I sleep, I felt something wrong in my mind with what I have been doing. Something that erupts like volcano and hurts whenever I receive a Pay check and every dollar I get paid. Something that keeps bugging me every time I see someone genuine in their jobs with no fakes. (I think by now you got the point for my pain)

I decided to correct my track and have set a plan 2 years back. Do MBA in top schools (Even though I knew this is going to be more dangerous as I will need to pay 120K and sacrifice everything) and get a job that justifies my degree. The plan went well and even wrote this story in MBA essays. Got admission to one of the top 10 MBA schools in US and confirmed my admission. But this time, I will not let my weakness affect me. I will this this as an opportunity to correct my path. 

If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing. (Copied from somewhere)

:4_12_13:  :4_12_13:  :4_12_13:

Came to US for MS in non CSE/IT 6 years back with lots of dreams like any other typical andhra guy. Univ is good with decent campus Full-Time placements in Amazon, Microsoft, Intel so on, but only for CSIT. Graduated with no job, depressed, devastated and almost joined for Ph.d in Europe as they provide 3K Euro per month during studies. Joined Consultancy with no interest, fortunately got the job in 2 weeks and never was on bench. Sticked to the technology, gained good experience and become a senior for a decent firm with good pay.

But, every day before I sleep, I felt something wrong in my mind with what I have been doing. Something that erupts like volcano and hurts whenever I receive a Pay check and for every dollar I get paid. Something that keeps bugging me every time I see someone genuine in their jobs with no fakes. (I think by now you got the point for my pain)

I decided to correct my track and have set a plan 2 years back. Do MBA in top schools (Even though I knew this is going to be more dangerous as I will need to pay 120K and sacrifice everything) and get a job that justifies my degree. The plan went well and even wrote this story in MBA essays. Got admission to one of the top 10 MBA schools in US and confirmed my admission. But this time, I will not let my weakness affect me. I will use this as an opportunity to correct my path that has been manipulated unfairly by everyone just because of monetary reasons.

True

babu....ts....'survival of the fittest'....anna quote okati undi......antha nijaayiti parudivi aithe.....subhram voollo edo job cheskovaalsindi...genuine ga......I hope nee silly decisions valla nee family affect avvatledu!!

yes...you should feel bad....eppudu?? ninnu teesukunna job ki nuv nyayam cheyakapote....senior level ki vella annav...so you proved your worth...then why you felt so bad over the years I dont understand.......

and how exactly....just by having this 120k mba next to your name....you'll get a goodnight's sleep??

probably he is hoping that he will get a executive job where he doest not have to show fake exp in the resume.