Uber Wants To Buy Every Single Self Driving Tesla In 2020

donganaaK

Uber Wants To Buy All Self-Driving Teslas in 2020
by Sarah Shelton July 4, 2015
  •  
  •  

tesla-uber-668x409.jpg

Uber’s CEO Travis Kalanick recently said that when Tesla Motors’ vehicles become fully autonomous, he is interested in buying every one of them.

The comments were relayed by venture capitalist Steve Jurvetson during last month’s Top 10 Tech Trends dinner, as reported by Charged EVs. Uber is a ride service that swaps fleet-owned taxis and professional drivers for crowd-sourced drivers who use their own car to chauffer passengers.

According to Jurvetson, in a recent conversation Kalanick told him that “in 2020, if Tesla’s cars are autonomous, he’d want to buy all of them.”

Jurvetson himself is a big supporter of self-driving cars – especially on an electrified vehicle – and believes that the technology is one of the most important upcoming trends.

“By 2020 we will no longer debate the inevitability of autonomous electric vehicles when we first experience the convenience and efficiency of urban autonomous driving services,” said Jurvetson.

“For those of us who have a chance to be in [an autonomous vehicle] … you’ll never go back. I believe they are already safer than my parents, and I would trust my kids with them. And they’re just going to get better,” he said.

Jurvetson said he is predicting a strong future for a taxi service, such as Uber, that uses electric cars.

SEE ALSO: Buffet-Backed BYD Plans To Lease E6 EVs To Uber For Testing

“The opportunity here is quite amazing. Initially they’ll be low-speed services, 25 mph or less, in urban settings, something like a robo-Uber or a robo-Lift. They’ll be feathered into those services of course as well, not just new entrants that are doing it.

“And what it will offer is unprecedented efficiency: both fuel efficiency, timing efficiency. The safety concerns that people mentioned would of course go away. It will be the ultimate future.”

More of Jurvetson’s comments on self-driving electric taxis can be seen in the video above (starting at about 1 hour, 28 minutes) along with the full panel discussion from the dinner.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• donganaaK

• vaade_veedu

• KeyserSoze

• idiBeZaWaDa

Top Posters In This Topic

antha ledu.....ippatike ekkuva scence icchinlu uber ki...,,2020 varaku company untado undado kuda telvadhi...eeedu kontadanta lol....

$470m loss ki kuda $40B valuation ante ne telustandi..it will not be able to sustaion business in long term ani....antha ee VC galla game idi

antha ledu.....ippatike ekkuva scence icchinlu uber ki...,,2020 varaku company untado undado kuda telvadhi...eeedu kontadanta lol....
$470m loss ki kuda $40B valuation ante ne telustandi..it will not be able to sustaion business in long term ani....antha ee VC galla game idi

exactly bubble burst

exactly bubble burst

aaa picchi poo CEO Travis gadu pedda ulfa arrogant ahole gadu...aaniki lekkalu kuda raavu dropout candidate...already inthaku mundhu company Bankrupt aadidi......too much power is being bestowed to uneducated and arrogant idiot

IPO ki vellinappudu pettindi antha sampaadisthar le .... last ki punch padedi ah stock koney janaalake lol ...

inko comedy ante snapchat is now worth 20Bil anta , pedha picha P  company adi ... naaku snapchat valla single handed ga tech buble burst avthadi ani strong feeling

IPO ki vellinappudu pettindi antha sampaadisthar le .... last ki punch padedi ah stock koney janaalake lol ...

inko comedy ante snapchat is now worth 20Bil anta , pedha picha P  company adi ... naaku snapchat valla single handed ga tech buble burst avthadi ani strong feeling

ade kada IPO ki pothe Vcs and early stakeholders ki labham...actual company revenues are still low and this business model in not sustainable unless they invent a new revenue stream...Uber food/groceries delievery ata......adhi kuda not feasible anipistundi...best thing to do is incar ads..that is one area that i see potential where they can make money without any operational costs.

ade kada IPO ki pothe Vcs and early stakeholders ki labham...actual company revenues are still low and this business model in not sustainable unless they invent a new revenue stream...Uber food/groceries delievery ata......adhi kuda not feasible anipistundi...best thing to do is incar ads..that is one area that i see potential where they can make money without any operational costs.

ola already started food delivery

yeah India lo anni companies kuda idey model tho run avthunnay ipppudu , especially snapdeal , bigbasket ,grofers etc ..

VC's nunchi big funds teeskuni ah money tho janaalaki discounts isthunnaaru just to acquire users , long run lo its not a sustainable model , what happens when all the VC money dries up and people find better places to get discounts from ?

thats what i hate the most about a lot of popular indian startups too , Day 1 nunchi exit plan tho working , so short  term results meeda ne ekkuva concentrating ...

yeah India lo anni companies kuda idey model tho run avthunnay ipppudu , especially snapdeal , bigbasket ,grofers etc ..

VC's nunchi big funds teeskuni ah money tho janaalaki discounts isthunnaaru just to acquire users , long run lo its not a sustainable model , what happens when all the VC money dries up and people find better places to get discounts from ?

thats what i hate the most about a lot of popular indian startups too , Day 1 nunchi exit plan tho working , so short  term results meeda ne ekkuva concentrating ...

ya except flipkart/myntra no one is genuinly trying to disrupt tech to make revenue.

ya except flipkart/myntra no one is genuinly trying to disrupt tech to make revenue.

and added to that we have a lot of jokers like Deepinder Goyal and Rahul yadav .. 

zomato kuda planning .... kaani i hate that chutiya company ...

Zomato is late to the party....foodpanda and Tiny owl now already leading food delivery market. I m loving foodpanda as a consumer(50% off anytime)

but as a company perspective, it will be a disaster once they stop the offers and discounts.