• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MRI

• ramudu3

• suryausa

• arshad

Hello all,
Nenu engg varaku telugu medium lo chadiva.... engg ki city vachinappudu inferiority feeling tho bhayam vesedi... aa bhayame nannu english andaritho matladey confidance ichindi.... kaani meelo chaala mandini offices lo coleagues ni chustunte naaku emi teleedu anipistundi.... friends kuda leru.... baavilo kappala bratakukunda world lo friends chesukundam anukuntunnanu..... socialize ela avvali?? US lo mana laaga vundey vallu kakunda valla country loney vundey vallatho networking cneddam anukjntunna.... how?? Any suggestions..

don't force it tumblr_n7cbvoGYda1tnspuwo1_250.gif

Nenu adigindi enti meeru cheptundi enti bro...... english ipudu matladagalanu... kani world lo different places nunchi friends kavali... australia lo vunde australian friend... thailamd lo vunde thai fren.... nigeria lo vunde nigeria fren... so on...

albedbL.gif

Hello all,
Nenu engg varaku telugu medium lo chadiva.... engg ki city vachinappudu inferiority feeling tho bhayam vesedi... aa bhayame nannu english andaritho matladey confidance ichindi.... kaani meelo chaala mandini offices lo coleagues ni chustunte naaku emi teleedu anipistundi.... friends kuda leru.... baavilo kappala bratakukunda world lo friends chesukundam anukuntunnanu..... socialize ela avvali?? US lo mana laaga vundey vallu kakunda valla country loney vundey vallatho networking cneddam anukjntunna.... how?? Any suggestions..

Brother,

I can relate to your post albeit in a different perspective. When I was really young I had a terrible stammering problem. I could not even finish a single sentence in Telugu without people mocking or making fun of me. It used to absolutely devastate my confidence levels and for a very long time I became a recluse. 

But I wanted to have friends and enjoy good company. From experience I noticed that in our society in India, whoever could speak in good English commanded automatic respect. That is when I made it my life mission to learn English and it did incredible wonders to my confidence. It transformed my life, got me friends, allowed me to climb higher echelons in my career - in one word changed my whole life for the better.

As far as socializing is concerned this is what I do  at my work place.

1) Using the office intranet I make a note of every single one of my colleague's birthday's and present them with a gift. It need not be expensive and you will be amazed at the reaction you will get.

2) Always text them on important occasions like festivals etc.,

3) In my company there's not a single Indian - which means the only language that I have to speak is in English.

4) I volunteered and formed a movie group in my company where every month I decide which movie the group should watch. I liaise with my colleagues and arrange for the date, time and place for the movies.

5) Even though my company actively encourages us to work from home, I make it a point to go to work at least 3 times a week as I genuinely enjoy the company of my colleagues. Fortunately, my company is bang in front of an ocean and it has beautiful pathways. I always eat my lunch with colleagues at the beach and take beach walks.

6) Always attend any team meetings and volunteer participation in company activities.

7) In my neighborhood I always make it a point to attend block parties.

8) When shopping, if I happen to see women with kids, disabled or old people with their carts I always offer help and strike up a conversation.

There are several other things that you can do depending on your interest - join associations, online forums.

I would also recommend to communicate in English as much as possible. People do notice and respect you especially given our backgrounds that we are immigrants and that we're making a genuine effort to communicate effectively in English.

Good luck bro.

Nenu adigindi enti meeru cheptundi enti bro...... english ipudu matladagalanu... kani world lo different places nunchi friends kavali... australia lo vunde australian friend... thailamd lo vunde thai fren.... nigeria lo vunde nigeria fren... so on...

albedbL.gif
vja.hug.gif

English rakaa neenu kuda socialize kavadam ledhu bro.... Andhukeee daily db lo new untaaa.... Chala varaku shopping online lo neee kanichesthaaa

akkada cheppindeti meeru cheptundenti....vja.hug.gif

Brother,

I can relate to your post albeit in a different perspective. When I was really young I had a terrible stammering problem. I could not even finish a single sentence in Telugu without people mocking or making fun of me. It used to absolutely devastate my confidence levels and for a very long time I became a recluse.

But I wanted to have friends and enjoy good company. From experience I noticed that in our society in India, whoever could speak in good English commanded automatic respect. That is when I made it my life mission to learn English and it did incredible wonders to my confidence. It transformed my life, got me friends, allowed me to climb higher echelons in my career - in one word changed my whole life for the better.

As far as socializing is concerned this is what I do in at my work place.

1) Using the office intranet I make a note of every single one of my colleague's birthday's and present them with a gift. It need not be expensive and you will be amazed at the reaction you will get.

3) In my company there's not a single Indian - which means the only language that I have to speak is in English.

4) I volunteered and formed a movie group in my company where every month I decide which movie the group should watch. I liaise with my colleagues and arrange for the date, time and place for the movies.

5) Even though my company actively encourages to work from home, I make it a point to go to work at least 3 times a week as I genuinely enjoy the company of my colleagues. Fortunately, my company is bang in front of an ocean and it has beautiful pathways. I always eat my lunch with colleagues at the beach and take beach walks.

6) Always attend any team meetings and volunteer participation in company activities.

8) When shopping, if I happen to see women with kids, disabled or old people with their carts I always offer help and strike up a conversation.

There are several other things that you can do depending on your interest - join associations, online forums.

I would also recommend to communicate in English as much as possible. People do notice and respect you especially given our backgrounds that we are immigrants and that we're making a genuine effort to communicate effectively in English.

Good luck bro.

vja.hug.gif

Bhayaa single question...company name and location

Brother,

As far as socializing is concerned this is what I do at my work place.

5) Even though my company actively encourages to work from home, I make it a point to go to work at least 3 times a week as I genuinely enjoy the company of my colleagues. Fortunately, my company is bang in front of an ocean and it has beautiful pathways. I always eat my lunch with colleagues at the beach and take beach walks.

Good luck bro.

English rakaa neenu kuda socialize kavadam ledhu bro.... Andhukeee daily db lo new untaaa.... Chala varaku shopping online lo neee kanichesthaaa

english vachu..... overseas friends kavali antunna......vja.hug.gif