Travis Ci, Circle Ci Or Bamboo

sattipandu

Meelo evaranna Travis CI or Bamboo or Circle CI vaadaara in conjuction with GitHub , we used to use Snv but only now we moved to Git

I use Go-CI/CD as of now, kaani feature based builds rollout cheyyatam konchem risky ga undhi

i am exploring other CI options, our team's objective is to deploy to prod the quickest from dev-test-uat-prod having passed all unit, integration, code coverage and automated testsuites

GO has been good enuf till this point but enduko i feel its time to move beyond it.

meeru Travis or Circle Ci vaaduthuntey cheppandi, i have only 2 specific questions to ask

Meelo evaranna Travis CI or Bamboo or Circle CI vaadaara in conjuction with GitHub , we used to use Snv but only now we moved to Git

I use Go-CI/CD as of now, kaani feature based builds rollout cheyyatam konchem risky ga undhi

i am exploring other CI options, our team's objective is to deploy to prod the quickest from dev-test-uat-prod having passed all unit, integration, code coverage and automated testsuites

GO has been good enuf till this point but enduko i feel its time to move beyond it.

meeru Travis or Circle Ci vaaduthuntey cheppandi, i have only 2 specific questions to ask

why can't you use Jenkins which is more mature than the above mentioned CI tools? What do you mean by 'feature based builds rollout cheyyatam konchem risky ga undhi'. Please elaborate.

why can't you use Jenkins which is more mature than the above mentioned CI tools? What do you mean by 'feature based builds rollout cheyyatam konchem risky ga undhi'. Please elaborate.

Dude , Jenkins i way too old and rigid for our teams need

right now we have Go CI integrated to GitHub, our application is very feature driven that are independently controlled by Toggles

so when I work on a feature  improvement and create a pull request , only when that gets merged, our source gets compiled made into a War file and then on the push of a button gets deployed to a shared DEV env, the problem here is code has to be merged to master appear live in a web env that BSA's and  Business folks can look at and drive the further improvements

it was almost a 2 day loss of dev cycle, so we are looking into options of CI where I Can command a set of Vm's to deploy a version of master + my dev delta changes and spin up a new env that is outside of the conventional Dev-QA-Stage and Prod environment setup. u know like a show and tell without having to merge -unmerge and end up changing evironmnet toggles to make the feature work.

Old is not always bad. GO is the latest tool in CI world and if it is not serving what you want, then I don't understand how it is any better than Jenkins :)

Anyway so basically you want to spin up a new environment to publish your development work without having to merge your code to Master branch?

If this is what you are trying to achieve, all you need to do is set up CI to build from your feature branch and any major CI tool should have good integration with Github branches.

Please elaborate if I misunderstood your requirement.

Old is not always bad. GO is the latest tool in CI world and if it is not serving what you want, then I don't understand how it is any better than Jenkins :)

Anyway so basically you want to spin up a new environment to publish your development work without having to merge your code to Master branch?

If this is what you are trying to achieve, all you need to do is set up CI to build from your feature branch and any major CI tool should have good integration with Github branches.

Please elaborate if I misunderstood your requirement.

we just got Travis and Circle CI 30 days licenses to try out,VM's commission ayyayi

Yep GO lo feature branching ki native support ledhu, i mean not in a straight forward way, they recently opened up api's for it but any plugin or we build & use is going to be a 3rd party plugin for free and most probably not wildly supported to fit our needs

daaniki thodu branch  merge cheska kaani sonar and fortify tests lo failures teliyatledhu, i know we can run them on Local but its pain causingly heavy and slow on developer machines to run Sonar and HP fortify. This way we can also force QA automation team to write functional tests to suit the new feature changes and have them pass in the pipeline.

So this is just our attempt to see if we can feature brannch and deploy  , run certain tasks specific to that feature, if all check and are green , merge back to master

konchem specifc issue for us , only because we release very often.

Can you help me understand why GO CI or Travis or Circle CI is more favorable to you than Jenkins? I didn't try other tools extensively, just saw a demo video on GO CI. I didn't see much difference except the terminology used is more aligned with Continuous Delivery.