.Net gurus - Help kaavali for Responsive design

PhillyDotNetGuy

Nenu work chestunna project MVC application with jQuery/jQuery UI front-end.

Client likes to re-write front end to make it responsive. Bootstrap use chesi cheyachu ani telusu.

What i'm thinking is to re-write all Views. Models/Controllers emi kadilinchanu.

1. Is this possible? I need some sugessions/Tips

2.front-end chaala grids unnai. jqGrids....these will be challenging. How to re-write these? Gridsetting Database lo untai.

25 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

Nenu work chestunna project MVC application with jQuery/jQuery UI front-end.

Client likes to re-write front end to make it responsive. Bootstrap use chesi cheyachu ani telusu.

What i'm thinking is to re-write all Views. Models/Controllers emi kadilinchanu.

1. Is this possible? I need some sugessions/Tips

2.front-end chaala grids unnai. jqGrids....these will be challenging. How to re-write these? Gridsetting Database lo untai.

1. Yes it is possible ( just add bootstrap css classes/ grid system to existing views).

2 what do you mean re-writing jqGrids ?   Isn't your goal making the same jqGrid Responsive?  If you want to re-write jqGrid or replace them , you may have to re-write or add additional code to Models/controllers/ViewModels depending on what you are doing.

2 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

MVC 4.0 bhayya....

Why u asking? MVC tho em saambandam?

then 1st go to nuget package add the boostap package then  you just add viewpot meta tag in layout.chtml file ,  thenu need to add @media only screen  and  () in site.css file.

after that you 'll mis responsive some area but eventually u need to fix, basic layout ki ithee vachesthundhi, idhanthaa endhuku sodi antee

create sample application in mvc 5 frame work it gives sample default responsive site , copy the all site.css files and layout page elements to your site

Thanks Guys.

I just want to make sure i'm going in right direction.

Also, Bootstrap kaakunda unkemanna tools unnaya. Looks like bootstrap is best.

It is possible but, you have to make trade off's

1. How small you want to go?

The smaller you go the less real estate you have on the screen the, if you have more data on the screen to be displayed, you have to find different ways to provide navigation to the user in order quickly provide the data user is looking for.

2. Displaying grid in a meaningful way in a small screen depends on the kind of data you have. Grid/table's add horizontal scroll in smaller devices. 

My suggestion is start targeting the smaller screen and build for larger screens. Do not copy the entire code from some where and wait for magic to happen. 

Copy in smaller chunks if you have to, and then see how it is changing the layout in different screen sizes(chrome developer tools are good)  and browsers

16 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

Thanks Guys.

I just want to make sure i'm going in right direction.

Also, Bootstrap kaakunda unkemanna tools unnaya. Looks like bootstrap is best.

Bootstrap is heavy .If  you are building something from scrap . bootstrap is 50% recommendable otherwise Foundation is the best . Light and fast

meelo evaranna 3 months .Net project cheyagalara in Philadelphia area.

upgrade current application to responsive design.

31 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

Pay rate entha bro?

39 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

I am in south Jersey around an hour from phily . I can do it if it is a work from home Side job ( can meet in person occasionally if required)