UCLA lo Desi guy shot and killed professor

siru

The gunman who shot and killed a UCLA professor Wednesday has been identified as Mainak Sarkar, a former doctoral student who had accused the victim of stealing his computer code and giving it to someone else, according to Los Angeles police.

Sarkar took his own life after killing William Klug, 39, in a small office in UCLA Engineering Building 4, sources confirmed.

Klug was an associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and had been the target of Sarkar’s anger on social media for months. On March 10, Sarkar called the professor a “very sick person” who should not be trusted.

“William Klug, UCLA professor is not the kind of person when you think of a professor. He is a very sick person. I urge every new student coming to UCLA to stay away from this guy,” Sarkar wrote. “He made me really sick. Your enemy is my enemy. But your friend can do a lot more harm. Be careful about whom you trust.”

A source called the gunman’s accusations “absolutely untrue.”

“The idea that somebody took his ideas is absolutely psychotic,” the source said.

Klug, who was described by friends as a kind and caring man, bent over backward to help Sarkar finish his dissertation and graduate even though the quality of his work was not stellar, the source added.

“Bill was a super nice guy,” the source said. “He didn’t want to hurt the guy.”

In his doctoral dissertation, submitted in 2013, Sarkar expressed gratitude to Klug for his help and support.

A syllabus from 2010 lists Sarkar as one of two teaching assistants in a mechanical and aerospace engineering course, MAE: 101: Statistics and Strength of Materials. Sarkar was listed in the 2014 doctoral commencement booklet with Klug as his advisor.

“Thank you for being my mentor,” he wrote in the acknowledgements.

Before enrolling at UCLA, Sarkar earned a master’s degree at Stanford Universityfollowing an undergraduate degree in aerospace engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, according to his LinkedIn page. In the U.S., he also had a stint as a research assistant at the University of Texas and worked as a software developer.

After UCLA, Sarkar worked remotely as an engineering analyst for an Ohio-based rubber company, Endurica LLC. Will Mars, the company’s president, confirmed to The Times that Sarkar worked for Endurica until August 2014. He declined to provide more details.

Mainak sarkar

iit kharagpur-btech ME

stanford-ms

ucla-phd

Edo prof Thana code steal chesi vere vadiki ichadu anta and also some personal diff unnayi ani Thana blog lo rasukunnadu.

8 minutes ago, comradee said:

Mainak sarkar

iit kharagpur-btech ME

stanford-ms

ucla-phd

Edo prof Thana code steal chesi vere vadiki ichadu anta and also some personal diff unnayi ani Thana blog lo rasukunnadu.

Veedo pedda Mark zuckerberg mari..

sollu gadi allegations lo no truth anta..aa professor ki manchi peru vundi.

56 minutes ago, siru said:

The gunman who shot and killed a UCLA professor Wednesday has been identified as Mainak Sarkar, a former doctoral student who had accused the victim of stealing his computer code and giving it to someone else, according to Los Angeles police.

Sarkar took his own life after killing William Klug, 39, in a small office in UCLA Engineering Building 4, sources confirmed.

Klug was an associate professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering and had been the target of Sarkar’s anger on social media for months. On March 10, Sarkar called the professor a “very sick person” who should not be trusted.

“William Klug, UCLA professor is not the kind of person when you think of a professor. He is a very sick person. I urge every new student coming to UCLA to stay away from this guy,” Sarkar wrote. “He made me really sick. Your enemy is my enemy. But your friend can do a lot more harm. Be careful about whom you trust.”

A source called the gunman’s accusations “absolutely untrue.”

“The idea that somebody took his ideas is absolutely psychotic,” the source said.

Klug, who was described by friends as a kind and caring man, bent over backward to help Sarkar finish his dissertation and graduate even though the quality of his work was not stellar, the source added.

“Bill was a super nice guy,” the source said. “He didn’t want to hurt the guy.”

In his doctoral dissertation, submitted in 2013, Sarkar expressed gratitude to Klug for his help and support.

A syllabus from 2010 lists Sarkar as one of two teaching assistants in a mechanical and aerospace engineering course, MAE: 101: Statistics and Strength of Materials. Sarkar was listed in the 2014 doctoral commencement booklet with Klug as his advisor.

“Thank you for being my mentor,” he wrote in the acknowledgements.

Before enrolling at UCLA, Sarkar earned a master’s degree at Stanford Universityfollowing an undergraduate degree in aerospace engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, according to his LinkedIn page. In the U.S., he also had a stint as a research assistant at the University of Texas and worked as a software developer.

After UCLA, Sarkar worked remotely as an engineering analyst for an Ohio-based rubber company, Endurica LLC. Will Mars, the company’s president, confirmed to The Times that Sarkar worked for Endurica until August 2014. He declined to provide more details.

Very sad

3 minutes ago, siru said:

We dont know the other side of the coin kada man.. Top universities lo chaala conspiracies aithayi .. oka 2 year back edho video chusa.. MIT lo students .. ideas and concepts conceiving ela vuntundhi ani .. I dont support him at all but we never know the truth.

8 minutes ago, siru said:

bhayyooo research and tech PHD ante antha veeesy kaaadhu....chaala cases unnayee pakkodi code dhobbeyadam, research lo experiments data manipulate chesi review ki pampinchii approval thecchukiovadam..ala chaala frauds if caught they will end up in jail career nashanam if not they add more credit to their profile..professor good bad anedhii vaaadi kindhaa pani chese vaadike thelusthundhii ..more over PHD lo degree ravalante ilanti manchi uni lo chaala kastam..nuv chaala thopp thurrrun ayyyi undaali

looks like mana desi gaadi code steal chesaademo..later prof can publish the code by his name,,,antha nene chesthee veedi naa code 10gaadu ane kopam lo chesaaademo..

prof manchodu manchodu ante its not true,,back ground lo entha cunning o evvadiki thelvadh...

17 minutes ago, siru said:

professor antha manchodu avutey intha dooram enduku vastundi bro?