SQL Experts Help Urgent

4Vikram

Naa degara oka Excel source through which I am importing data, so oka column lo endi ante i have multiple data types like Dates unai, N/A, NA, NM, Movie, 1,2 ila chaala unai..

I want to pull the data yazitiz but when i pick and push to database table other then intergers i am getting null values for all other..

So nenu oka change chesna as SSIS is picking the data type automatically as int i used another sample excel with some varchar values for that season column and loaded then it went fine and again i replaced it with my excel source but still the NULL values issue..

So what I want is the data in that column Season excel lo ela undo adhe type lo kavali, no changes...  please anyone help

google lo ostadi kada.. source connection lo Imex equal 1 ani set chesi load cheste it will load all types of rows from that column

1 minute ago, Pawan_Kalyan_7 said:

google lo ostadi kada.. source connection lo Imex equal 1 ani set chesi load cheste it will load all types of rows from that column

imex concept no idea bro checking on it

23 minutes ago, Pawan_Kalyan_7 said:

still an issues IMEX = 1 ani pedithe it is taking only integers, not the characters :(

nuvvu admin of ur system aithe....you can go and edit registry

we need to edit the registry settings and set the TypeGuessRows property to 0 in order to let the excel driver to use all rows in the file to determine the data types properly

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Microsoft -> Jet -> 4.0 ->Engines -> Excel -> TypeGuessRows has the value 0. (It contains 8 by default)

or if you are loading manually , like one time purpose

save another excel with 8 records dummy data.. all varchar

paste top of ur source excel and load

try cheyaledu ...just an idea. might work

1 minute ago, JollyBoy said:

script task use cheyali bhayya 

no avasaram raledu, what went wrong ante even if i changed the IMEX = 1 in existing metadata vala it was not accepting.. so I started from Scratch and it worked... thanks for the felp guys.. @Pawan_Kalyan_7 @BulletBaskar thank you guys :)

1 hour ago, afdb1122 said:

Try changing the "season" column datatype to "text" in Excel (like format that column to text) before you load the data. 

okay for now its fine. what if next time they change the file with same name and instances, apudu load kadu kada will get nulls right?