Effing low life movers!!

griffins

Movers: what's in this box? I can see some chemicals?

Me: That's religious puja stuff, it's just sesame oil...

Movers: I am sorry can't go on our truck, it's against the law...

Me: so how did the other movers get it into the storage if it's against the law? They are licensed and insured movers...

Movers: Can't tell...may be they weren't but this is not going in my truck...

Me: Alright, fine...I will carry it myself...

Movers: oh wait! Why is this box not having proper sealed tape...

Me: It does, it's just that another box was sitting on top of it and just crushed a little bit so the tape came loose...you know it was in the storage for like a month...

Movers: nah, can't go on my truck, it's insurance problem...

Me: If it's not going on your truck you are not getting paid...how about that?

Movers: why you are mad at us cuz we are 4 hours late?

Me: no, I forgive you for that, otherwise I would raise the issue with you? Did I?

Movers: No you didnt, we can help you put the broken box into your car and drop it off as well, it's the same thing cuz you are driving home anyways and we would just follow you...it's just that it can't go into my truck

Me: Fine! Why don't you also put whatever stuff that can fit in my car into it as well, you got a 16' truck when I asked for a 24' truck...

Movers: Ok, we can do that, but we did not talk about truck size before the deal did we?

Me: yes, we did

Movers: no, we didn't...

***Pause***

After 1 hr...

Me: wait, why isn't the heavy headboard and footboard in the truck yet? Can we put all the bulky stuff rather than the boxes first?

Movers: nah, can't do it now, it will cost you extra time and money if we unload the boxes and load them again...

Me: But I can't take the bulky stuff, that's the reason why I hired you...

Movers: we will try to fit them in as much possible but if they don't, we need to come back again for it...

Me: ok, but I am not paying another trip because you did not load it right...

Movers: we will see...

***Pause***

After 2 hrs and truck is almost full...

Me: ok, so we have the headboard, footboard, and the elliptical...and I see that the truck is almost full, what's going on?

Movers: yeah couldn't fit them in, we need to come back for it...we will charge $50 less than for the first trip, so it will be $350...

Me: what? No no, that's not ok with me, I told you I am not paying for another trip...

Movers: yeah but we can't move you for free, we ain't no social services, it's business...

Me: yeah, but that's not my problem, you should have known how to load it, I said load the bulk stuff and leave the boxes if they don't fit...

Movers: It's going to be $450 now, a $50 extra...

Me: whoa!!! What are you talking about? I am not paying you $450

Movers: you are effing paying for it because you think you are an effing smart ass, we are in this business so you don't effing tell me how to run it...

Me: you said you play by the rules, right? It was in the contract that you will treat all your clients with dignity and respect, so who is breaking the rules, effing asshole? You dont think I can swear at you...Effing douchebag? I make 20 times more than you and I can hire effing 100 people like you, what do you think? king of movers in this town? All effing mover assholes, bullshitting me all the time...There is NO deal...get my stuff off the truck and I won't pay nothing...

Movers: Sir, I am sorry, but it ain't gonna work like that, you signed the contract and we will just unload whatever stuff is in the truck at your home and that's it, if you don't want no further deal...

Me: Its already 6 p. m. and storage closes at 10 p. m. so if we don't get the stuff out of it, I need to pay $250 for another month since I already prorated it once and cannot do it again by their rules...didn't we talk about it?

Movers: Sir, that's not our problem, what's is in the truck is what we will deliver for this trip...I am sorry you don't like it this way but that's the only way we are going to continue...

Me: Ok, let's cut the deal, I will pay $300 for another trip and end of deal...

Movers: no, sir, when we say it we mean it, it's $450 or no go...we are gonna work till midnight...

Me: I don't see how is that my problem...you came 4 hrs late when you are not supposed to and I didn't even complain about it...so I guess what I am asking for is very reasonable...

Movers: Sir, I can't disagree with you no more but us $450 nor no go... and we need the $400 for this trip in cash before we unload the truck...

Me: I am never gonna hire you guyz anymore and I will write you up on all websites wherever I could...this is not business it's just ripping off customers...

Movers: Sir, you can do whatever you wanna do...are you paying for this trip? If so, we packed and ready...we will just follow you to the address...

Me: no, I will follow you, I wanna make sure you are not going anywhere...

Movers: ok, I will load up you address on my GPS...

Me: Alright....

And they unloaded it and put them in place...

Last time I hired makku people to put stuff into the storage. They did the job in 2 hrs with dignity and respect but charged me a $300 more than what these guyz charged...

I went for a deal and tried to save $300 this time but now I am paying $250 for the storage which I would not need and then for the movers if none of my friends help me...

Don't go with the white people movers...they are headstrong, cheap, and nasty...even if it's a few hundred more go with maccus as they do a good job and with some respect...

That's the lesson I learned and wanted to share with you....sorry for keeping the story long...