Proof that Ayn Rand fans are morons/incompetent.

VizagRocks

When I heard that Atlas Shrugged was made into a movie, I had to absolutely see how someone could translate a largely atrociously written novel into the screen.

Finally, I spent about $30 and little more than 30 mins to get through the 3-part movie series.

The movie stayed true to the book, with a silly prelude about how for 'some reason Railway transportation made a comeback to the US in the near future'. This is, by far, the funniest part of the movie.

So this lets our 'heroes' of this 21st century movie battle it out for silly things like railway lines, and steel manufacturing. @3$%

Thankfully, Ayn Rand wrote in something about an yet unrealised 'atmospheric electric motor', or we'd probably have had Dagny, and Hank run across the US in search of the inventor of a magical Integrated circuit @3$%

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• sattipandu

• MrRabbit

• samaja_varagamana

Top Posters In This Topic

This movie proves my pet theory that reading Ayn Rand limits people's imagination.

Ram Gopal Varma showed it when he ventured into Fountain Head territory with his utterly unwatchable 'Naach'.

Or when the generally affable Maniratnam dabbled with 'Roark'ish character in Kannathil Muthamittal (Amrutha in Telugu). Its obvious that these characters belong in fantasy lands, and not in movies that try to be realistic.

5 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

This movie proves my pet theory that reading Ayn Rand limits people's imagination.

Ram Gopal Varma showed it when he ventured into Fountain Head territory with his utterly unwatchable 'Naach'.

Or when the generally affable Maniratnam dabbled with 'Roark'ish character in Kannathil Muthamittal (Amrutha in Telugu). Its obvious that these characters belong in fantasy lands, and not in movies that try to be realistic.

John galt vs howard roark?

who is better

The degradation of Ayn Rand's movement is fun to watch though.

From top to bottom.

Founder - Ayn Rand : Evil stupid bitch.

1st Gen follower - Nathaniel Brandon : Ayn Rand's fcuk toy, who developed stockholm syndrome, after Ayn Rand dumped him.

2nd Gen follower - Ram Gopal Varma : Out of work, and makes a living fooling Telugu youth from youtube clicks.

I can't begin to imagine how the 3rd, and 4th gen Ayn Rand fans are going to look like. Going by RGV fans, I can make an educated guess, that this movement is on last legs.

4 minutes ago, nissan said:

Thanks will watch it ..i wanted to know how she indirectly contributed towards america progress

is 1984 also made into movie?

dude, Ayn Rand books are fit only to wipe our arse, compared to books like 1984. Yes, it was made into a movie. A pretty good one too.

4 minutes ago, nissan said:

John galt vs howard roark?

who is better

I like them both okay, If they talked less.

But I hate the evil bitch, for drawing inferences from that 3rd rate book, and spoon feeding a generation of idiots with poisonous nonsense.

9 minutes ago, nissan said:

Thanks will watch it ..i wanted to know how she indirectly contributed towards america progress

is 1984 also made into movie?

She contributed to America's progress? CITI_c$y

Her biggest gift to the American public was Alan Greenspan, whose policies as Fed Chair directly caused the great recession of 2008.

The evil bitch also argued against govt scientific spending, claiming that geniuses come up with products based on market needs. Lol. Everyone can see how almost all radical products, whether out of google/tesla/apple/intel/app.mat, they all came from academic research funded by the govt.

Ayn Rand's proposals are all failures. her arrogance increased with every failure that was pointed out, and she retreated back into her gang banging cult whenever she is hit with reality.

The second funniest part of this movie series is probably, The promised land - Atlantis.

So we are shown that with a perpetual motion engine powering the city/country (whatever the fcuk it was), the best they could come up with was wild west type of community.

I understand wanting to stay true to that novel, but Dagny, Hank escaped their plush bungalows to live in a community where there isn't even a flying car? Such losers.

I guess its upto me to come up with the best possible interpretation of Atlas Shrugged now. Because whatever the book's flaws, there's still an inspiring message hidden somewhere deep, if the Ayn Rand BS dialogues are taken off from the book.

First thing to do is, modernize the story. Fcuk roadways, and railroads. You have such a dynamic entrepreneur in Elon Musk now. Although he won't be the hero of the story. He's not that good.

Start with Musk's fights with the automobile dealerships. Introduce Elizabeth Holmes like biotech entrpreneur, who is fighting the good fight against medical councils. Both of them come together when Musk accidently invents a biobattery, that Holmes is going to use to power her devices, much against the wishes of the medical council morons.

ofcourse, we'll have a couple of glorious sex scenes. or perhaps, as Ayn Rand prefers, even rape.

When these two gorgeous and brilliant and tall and productive people are having mind numbing sex, in an abandoned lab, which they wandered into, to find something to use as a dildo, they end up finding an party torn book, containing incomplete designs of a vapour compression engine.

The geniuses that these gorgeous and tall and productive people are, they can immediately recognize the unlimited potential of this technology. They could piss even more people off with this (literally), if they haven't made enough enemies of all and sundry already. Yay! Way to do business.

So strong was the orgasm of this discovery, they leave sex in the middle, and hop on to the helicopter to HQ of the company that owned that abandoned lab.