H4 EAD renewal now?

Rate this topic

rajivn786

Hi,

I need some help regarding my wife H4 EAD renewal. I work FT and got promoted to  another position recently and my employer is filing for an H1amendment and H1/H4 extension together as my H1B/H4  is expiring in Sep 2017.

Now once the H1/H4 extensions are approved (most likely till 2020) , do we need to apply for H4 EAD again now (although it’s valid till Sep 2017)  or wait till the current one expires ? 
Can she work with her current EAD even after the H4 extension is approved or do we need to file new EAD again now?

Thanks,
Raj

3 hours ago, rajivn786 said:

Hi,

I need some help regarding my wife H4 EAD renewal. I work FT and got promoted to  another position recently and my employer is filing for an H1amendment and H1/H4 extension together as my H1B/H4  is expiring in Sep 2017.

Now once the H1/H4 extensions are approved (most likely till 2020) , do we need to apply for H4 EAD again now (although it’s valid till Sep 2017)  or wait till the current one expires ? 
Can she work with her current EAD even after the H4 extension is approved or do we need to file new EAD again now?

Thanks,
Raj

Sep 2017 expiring ki ippude apply cheyyadam endhi brahmiconfused.gif?1403646236

anyway uscis lo renewal ki ila undi

Validity of Employment Authorization

You will not be authorized to work until USCIS approves your Form I-765 application. Once your employment authorization is approved, the expiration date on your EAD will likely be the same date as the expiration date on your most recent Form I-94 indicating your H-4 nonimmigrant status. You are only authorized to work through the expiration date on your EAD. If you still will be eligible for work authorization after that date, you should file for a renewal EAD by submitting another Form I-765. You cannot file for a renewal EAD more than 120 days before your original EAD expires.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses

Thank you so much bhayya. I looked at USCIS regarding this, but I didn't find this. Thank you for looking into this.

Actually, I got promoted to new position and they are applying for H1/H4 amendment/extension together. So we will get new H1/H4 kadaa...So I got confused as to  file again with the new H4?  I hope my wife can continue her residency without any issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 7:37 AM, rajivn786 said:

Thank you so much bhayya. I looked at USCIS regarding this, but I didn't find this. Thank you for looking into this.

Actually, I got promoted to new position and they are applying for H1/H4 amendment/extension together. So we will get new H1/H4 kadaa...So I got confused as to  file again with the new H4?  I hope my wife can continue her residency without any issues.

any update?

My Immigration officer mentioned that no stamping is needed as it's valid till Sep 2017 and apply for a new EAD around 120 days from expiry (might be 6 months from the new rule from Jan 17, 2017). I hope there will be no issues with the residency as it;s been too difficult from the past couple of years for foreign nationals who needed Visa Sponsorship.