• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quickgun_murugan

• yomama

• dakumangalsingh

• mekapichal_mnthmkura

16 minutes ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

FT teeskunte enduku fire chestaru bro... moreover a FT lo kuda military lo unnava ani adagaru... they might ask were you in the military or are u a veteran.. daniki U can say NO... and in future its your wish to join military whenever you want..its a volunteer army not an obligation.. so appativaraku jobs cheyyatam better.. okka sari military lo join ayyaka there will be lot of other opportunities no? I am not sure.. coz I am currently in little simliar situation... nenu military lo join avvalani decide ayya... 

@Quickgun_murugan and @yomama some info and clarify plz..

What do you say when you are asked whether you are in the military? If you say yes they won't hire you if you say no you are lying on purpose, and they can use that to fire you when you have to take a leave to attend BCT. And because you are a non citizen USERRA protection doesn't apply to you as that's only applicable for permanent residents and citizens. 

3 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

What do you say when you are asked whether you are in the military? If you say yes they won't hire you if you say no you are lying on purpose, and they can use that to fire you when you have to take a leave to attend BCT. And because you are a non citizen USERRA protection doesn't apply to you as that's only applicable for permanent residents and citizens. 

there is no question like are you in the military... 

its always whether you served in  the military or whether you are a veteran.

moreover if they ask you are you in the military.. its NO as you are not currently.. just signing something doesnt make you are IN.. it is may or may not bro.. USERRA is appicable to all whoever enters BCT.. my friend terminated his lease on apartment and car without fine just by showing BCT orders.

I am pretty clear about it..

@Quickgun_murugan @yomama plz confirm this ASAP

1 minute ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

moreover if they ask you are you in the military.. its NO as you are not currently.. just signing something doesnt make you are IN.. it is may or may not bro.. USERRA is appicable to all whoever enters BCT.. my friend terminated his lease on apartment and car without fine just by showing BCT orders.

my friend was MAVNI too

8 hours ago, tennisluvr said:

Bro the problem isn't that simple. Thing is when you join a FT job you have to specify whether you are in the military or not and cant' lie about it to the company. So ippudu nenu Army lo unna ani mention chesthey that might work against me because they might question me why I am not a citizen yet and need sponsorship. Plus they might not hire you because inspite of sponsoring you, you might be gone for a good few months due to BCT and AIT so all that time you won't be able to contribute to the company. Vallaki Army lo unna citizens ni hire chesthey incentives vasthayi kaani not some H1B coolie. 

Ala ani if you lie about not being in the Army and let's say you get called to the BCT, they company can fire you. There's a provision for people in the military to be immune to this but it apparently doesn't apply to those that don't have a GC or citizenship. So the company can immediately fire us for not mentioning that we are in the Army when we get called to the BCT. In that case, you are stuck in no man's land. @kakatiyahas already confirmed this with a lawyer. 

So ivanni practical implications man. 

join military friendly company like USAA

3 hours ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

FT teeskunte enduku fire chestaru bro... moreover a FT lo kuda military lo unnava ani adagaru... they might ask were you in the military or are u a veteran.. daniki U can say NO... and in future its your wish to join military whenever you want..its a volunteer army not an obligation.. so appativaraku jobs cheyyatam better.. okka sari military lo join ayyaka there will be lot of other opportunities no? I am not sure.. coz I am currently in little simliar situation... nenu military lo join avvalani decide ayya... 

@Quickgun_murugan and @yomama some info and clarify plz..

You are not required to mention you are in army reserves. Unless you want veteran benefits..

So it is optional.

5 minutes ago, mekapichal_mnthmkura said:

Army shipping date 15 days mundu varaku you don't have to tell anyone. It's your choice to put it out, bct ki pothunav ani evadu fire cheyaledu. Army regulations unay and you are protected under them. 

Just now, yomama said:

Army shipping date 15 days mundu varaku you don't have to tell anyone. It's your choice to put it out, bct ki pothunav ani evadu fire cheyaledu. Army regulations unay and you are protected under them. 

Usaar laws don't protect non citizens

Just now, kakatiya said:

You are not required to mention you are in army reserves. Unless you want veteran benefits..

So it is optional.

Veteran benefits anevi service ayaka honorable ga baytiki vaste istaru. You can't claim them before bct

1 minute ago, kakatiya said:

Usaar laws don't protect non citizens

Under enlistment contract they are protected in this particular case. Army reserves specifically , training ki velthunadu ani fire cheyaleru. 

3 minutes ago, yomama said:

Veteran benefits anevi service ayaka honorable ga baytiki vaste istaru. You can't claim them before bct

That is what I am saying you need to mention army unless you want benefits

Reserve solder is ...thcare 

2 minutes ago, yomama said:

Under enlistment contract they are protected in this particular case. Army reserves specifically , training ki velthunadu ani fire cheyaleru. 

Nope you are absolutely wrong...

There is no userra law that protects a solder who is not american citizen law. That law never been made.

Current userra law proposes o safe grant only citizens of America..read section 20 part 3 of userra law.