Jallikattu

mettastar

monna andhrajyothi lo jalli kattu process gurunchi ila vesadu.

1. first they make bull eat chilli powder. 

2. Then they make bull drink naatu saara.

3. Then they put some wood sticks into its ass to make it aggressive.

4. Now people try to control it with bear hands. Who ever subsides bull, they are the winner.

not sure if this is correct. but it is what they wrote in andhrajyothi....if this is the case then they should ban it. i feel spain bull fights are healthier than this jallikattu.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• mettastar

• sarkaar

• chor

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, nandananditha said:

mayya edhe PETTA, other pestivals apudu yenduku raru 

ostharu, but the cases are all quashed. Sometimes, they face severe reactionary violence when they oppose certain festivals.

So may be, they decided not to poke their nose into some of these festivals for now.

4 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Also its amusing to me that, when TamilNadu is about to face its worst water crisis in a century, dumbfcuks are worried about JalliKattu.

These are the same guys who support dalit killings by the upper caste. So I don't really feel s0rry for them. I just wish some consistency by the SC.

they are begging(i mean literall demanding) andhra to give 10 TMC water to chennai. panner was in bezawada few days ago....how can they request water when they put case on andhra for constructing simple check dam at the same time..@3$%@3$%

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

ostharu, but the cases are all quashed. Sometimes, they face severe reactionary violence when they oppose certain festivals.

So may be, they decided not to poke their nose into some of these festivals for now.

so ellaki hindus antene kamedy anamata

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

monna andhrajyothi lo jalli kattu process gurunchi ila vesadu.

1. first they make bull eat chilli powder. 

2. Then they make bull drink naatu saara.

3. Then they put some wood sticks into its ass to make it aggressive.

4. Now people try to control it with bear hands. Who ever subsides bull, they are the winner.

not sure if this is correct. but it is what they wrote in andhrajyothi....if this is the case then they should ban it. i feel spain bull fights are healthier than this jallikattu.

They also inject the bull with adrenaline. Again SC doesn't have a right to pick one tradition and ban it. It has to show consistency.

The next time some lower court quashes a petition to ban eid sacrifice of goats, the ruling will be laughed at.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

they are begging(i mean literall demanding) andhra to give 10 TMC water to chennai. panner was in bezawada few days ago....how can they request water when they put case on andhra for constructing simple check dam at the same time..@3$%@3$%

I cannot laugh at them. They are my people. I'm sad.

2 minutes ago, PendurthiBabu said:

@lazybugger you yourself highlighted caste reasons in another post. Why bring up religion now? Whether I support this or not, I believe SC has the right to do it.

Ofcourse, SC has the right to do anything. But should they?

Justice is always an iterative process. Can this case be used to argue that eid sacrifice should be banned too? What happens if the SC don't respect their own judgement (in this case) while hearing a case on eid sacrifice? It happens a lot in India. Just random judgements with no rhyme or reason.

That is why SC should be a little more careful while hearing cases such as these.

5 minutes ago, PendurthiBabu said:

@lazybugger you yourself highlighted caste reasons in another post. Why bring up religion now? Whether I support this or not, I believe SC has the right to do it.

caste/religion, they'll exist forever. Those losers will find one reason or the other to act like barbarians. I'm talking of the responsibility of the SC to maintain consistency. Something that will earn it the respect of the people.

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

Culture is the only thing that binds people together. It may be silly or even cruel, but as long as other humans are not affected by that 'culture', one has to think really hard about poking their nose into an event that is proudly celebrated across an entire state.

What is the basis of PETA case against JalliKattu? - Animal cruelty.

Does it happen? - Yes it does. Inspite of what the organizers claim.

Should Supreme Court dictate which traditions are acceptable, which ones are not? - No. Supreme Court should have recused itself from the case. This should have been a battle between PETA and Jallikattu organizers. PETA could've come up with guidelines for ethical treatment of the bulls that are used in Jallikattu, guidelines over playing areas, and start issuing certificates, make sure JalliKattu is not glorified in movies, and other media, etc. Its a long game.

This is the problem with many social organizations. Their first recourse to solving a problem is the court. Courts that derive strength from the people, cannot dictate in matters of the same people's culture. 

Although I wish JalliKattu dies, and I dont agree with most arguments that Jallikattu organizers come up with in their defense (which is why they lost the case too), I think Supreme Court overstepped its boundaries. It gave an excuse for people who call Indian system as 'Sickular' another weapon. Why not ban Eid mass sacrifice of goats is a valid question in this case. One that nobody can answer satisfactorily.

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

kothhaga vachey prathi m lo fashion ki update aythey, inka adhi society avvadu.  gaaliki tirigey yedhavala gumpu avtaaru. anthey.

It is upto the people who oppose these traditions to provide a convincing argument on why these traditions should be slowly outmoded. This will take a long time. Even decades of patient convincing of the people who engage in these traditions.

The moment the opponents go to court, every little victory gained by the opponents in convincing the traditional practitioners is lost. There will be blowback.

PETA should pick its fight more carefully.

idk abt jallikattu nor am i interested to know.. my interest is about how our sheep minds using term culture, heritage for their ego.. 

mana desam lo culture is used as an excuse..

culture, constitution both are used to create inequality in our country.. chinna example:

abbayilu tagachu, pubs kelli dances seyachu.. ammayilu chesthe mana culture emaipotondi antaru..
forget caste, religion, gender for a minute and see a guy and a gal as two souls.. one soul can do everything, one soul is restricted basing on the term 'culture'..
I am not a feminist, I am just seeing woman as a soul who wants to do what they want within the law but they are not able to.. daniki culture ane excuse addupetti aaputaru.. 
middle east desallo aadallaki burqa lu eyyali anna rule ki mana desam lo aadallaki em pedda teda ledu..
additional daridram entante kamam tho meeda padda abbai(who did something against law) ni control chese laws pettakunda culture ni paaduchestunnaru ani ammai ni anatam..
this is the inequality i am talking about..

constitution lo india ki independence vachina kothallo avasaramaina reservation.. ippudu enduku vayya..
20000 rank vachina OC vadu edo normal college lo sadivthe ade rank vachina reservation category vadu JNTU lo chaduvtadu.. inequality again..

we attach our ego to things like gender, caste, religion, country, "culture"..  we take sides and aggressively react if anyone is not on their side.. this is all programmed in our minds in our country.. unless we sit and think, use common sense, undo a lot of programmed thoughts we can't change