Baahubali 2 release in Karnataka: Sathyaraj falls to power of Kannadigas

Kool_SRG

Issues apology Sathyaraj has apologised for his earlier comments against Kannadigas.

Sathyaraj apologies for his comments against Kannadigas

Sathyaraj has apologised for his comments against Kannadigas, which he made nine years ago during a protest over the Cauvery issue organised by Nadigar Sangam in Chennai. He has thus tried to put an end to the uncertainty that was hovering over the release of Baahubali 2 in Karnataka over the last few weeks.

In a recorded video speech, Sathyaraj has said that he had noticed that his comments have hurt the Kannadigas. "I am not against Karnataka and Kannadigas. This is evident when you realise that my assistant for the past 30 years has been a Kannadiga named Shekhar," he said in the clip.

The 62-year-old actor claimed that he made the speech when the Tamils were targeted in Karnataka way back in 2008. Like many others who participated in the pro-Tamil protests, he also spoke with passion against the attacks on Tamils in Karnataka. He recalled that his effigies were burnt in retaliation.

"Since then, my 30 films have been released in Karnataka without any trouble," Sathyaraj said. The actor says that he was also offered Kannada films, but he could not take them up due to other commitments.

Sathyaraj continued, "Some of my words in the nine-year-old clip have pained Kannadigas for which I am giving an apology. My deeds should not affect the hard work of thousands of people who worked in Baahubali," The actor believes that he has a responsibility to safeguard the interest of Kannada distributors, who bought the rights of Baahubali.

The actor asked the Tamils to understand the reason behind his apology. "But I promise to fight for the Tamils issue, be it related to Sri Lanka or Cauvery," he pointed out. Sathyaraj ended with a suggestion to producers who want to sign him up: Think twice before taking him on board as his presence might affect the movie.

Meanwhile, Kirik Keerthi has welcomed the news. "I happy that Sathyaraj has apologised for his anti-Kannada comments. It is better late than never. I am sure this will be a lesson for others, who talk low about us," the Bigg Boss 4 Kannada contestant told International Business Times, India.

Several Kannada organisations have also welcomed the development and said that Baahubali 2 will now be released without any trouble.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VizagRocks

• batman

• Kool_SRG

• lazybugger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

rajnikantha verey oorilo puttina, vaadu entho better ra neekantey.

15 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

paruvu teesadu po.

ippudu nenu Bahubali ni boycott chesthunna @3$%

naaku cinema perey nachhaley.

oka tamil vada ongindu ani feel avthunnava???  ego hunted aa??

Just now, batman said:

oka tamil vada ongindu ani feel avthunnava???  ego hunted aa??

neekentha kasi ra babu, Tamilollu antey @3$%

mee batch antha inthey naa? Modi ni evaru respect cheyyaro vaallani Indians ga consider cheyyara?

malli neethulu.

3 minutes ago, VizagRocks said:

neekentha kasi ra babu, Tamilollu antey @3$%

mee batch antha inthey naa? Modi ni evaru respect cheyyaro vaallani Indians ga consider cheyyara?

malli neethulu.

vaarni....tamils indians yega.....why should we not consider.......modi ni respect chesina cheyakapoyina aathcare.....

mana india lo konda-yerripukollu masthu mandhi untaru....but value indians ye....consider/not consider emundhi

Just now, batman said:

vaarni....tamils indians yega.....why should we not consider.......modi ni respect chesina cheyakapoyina aathcare.....

mana india lo konda-yerripukollu masthu mandhi untaru....but value indians ye....consider/not consider emundhi

lol. ekkuva cover cheyyaku. nee thokkalo HIndutva kosam nee state ni kooda ammeyataaniki ready ayyey batch aey mee Hindutva batch.

pakka state antha oka lekka.