Need Suggestion!!!

Rate this topic

gunturfriends

Hi Andhrulu,

Please suggest your opinion/thoughts/experiences on below situation.

Working for a consulting company on H1B since Feb-2016 for 80k/annum fixed salary.

Project completed in Feb-2016 (contract ended for budget issues) and consulting firm paid for 1 month and stopped paying. No payslips ran from Mid of March.

Now, I have project to join from second week ( client called back as they got budget), 
and also selected for the full-time offer with Tech Mahindra.

My questions are

Q1: "How big of a risk it is to transfer H1B to Tech Mahindra now?"
    a. no paystub from march 17 to till date and might get a couple of them by end of May

Q2: "Is there any possible for my current employer to create any problem for me?"

Q3: "How do I deal with overall situation If I want to move?"
     a) I need to join project on contract from May second week
    B) TechM may take a week (May 1st week) for HR discussion and to generate offer
     c) TechM will take approx a month to apply and get H1B transfer receipt
     d) Meanwhile, I can join my contract project I believe as I have no reason to say no to it to my current employer.
     e) TechM might not wait so long?

Q4: "I have 10 years experience and can handle interviews pretty easily. how likely it is to get a consulting job if I have to be a market within 3 months?"

On 5/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, gunturfriends said:

Hi Andhrulu,

Please suggest your opinion/thoughts/experiences on below situation.

Working for a consulting company on H1B since Feb-2016 for 80k/annum fixed salary.

Project completed in Feb-2016 (contract ended for budget issues) and consulting firm paid for 1 month and stopped paying. No payslips ran from Mid of March.

Now, I have project to join from second week ( client called back as they got budget), 
and also selected for the full-time offer with Tech Mahindra.

My questions are

Q1: "How big of a risk it is to transfer H1B to Tech Mahindra now?"
    a. no paystub from march 17 to till date and might get a couple of them by end of May

Q2: "Is there any possible for my current employer to create any problem for me?"

Q3: "How do I deal with overall situation If I want to move?"
     a) I need to join project on contract from May second week
    B) TechM may take a week (May 1st week) for HR discussion and to generate offer
     c) TechM will take approx a month to apply and get H1B transfer receipt
     d) Meanwhile, I can join my contract project I believe as I have no reason to say no to it to my current employer.
     e) TechM might not wait so long?

Q4: "I have 10 years experience and can handle interviews pretty easily. how likely it is to get a consulting job if I have to be a market within 3 months?"

No risk