a muslim no more

Hercules

Today, I publicly denounce my faith, my faith in Islam. I remember at age 7, I was in a milad (religious gathering) when a teenage girl asked the imam why do women have to cover from head to toe and the imam replied "would you rather eat a banana that's already been pealed or a fresh banana that you can peal yourself". Everyone there clapped and yelled "subhan allah' admiring the imams wit, while I was sitting there thinking "but people aren't *** bananas". None the less, I assumed things like that were flaws in people and not the religion itself. I never questioned Islam, mainly because I did not even understand what it actually said. You see, Islam is very ethnocentric, everything is in Arabic. I was born in Bangladesh, raised in New York, I only speak English and halfassed broken Bangla. I was given an Arabic name that my parents cannot even pronounce, however, it was going to get me into heaven. I was taught everyone in heaven will speak Arabic, and that Arabic is the greatest language because the mighty Quran was revealed in Arabic and to an Arab. I was forced to read the Quran and memorize chapters, even though, I nor my molester who was my religious teacher spoke or understood Arabic (yup, was sexually molested by the fucker). Oh, and how can I forget praying five times a day...in Arabic, basically I was praying to god for that I didn't even understand-__-.

4 years ago when I turned 18, I naively decided I was going to become a good Muslim. I was going to grow my beard, start wearing pants that never went below my ankles, lower my gaze, you know the whole nine yards. But first, I wanted to read the Quran in a language that I understood, so I read it in English. And wow! I realized why it's forced to be read in Classical Arabic which no one understands, that is sooooo *** boring!! It's repetitive,it says the same things over and over and over and over again. And some things I was ready for, like the sword verse because I was told about it before and it was explained to me that the verse was meant only for the Muslims at that time. However, there were some things in there that really made me scratch my head, for example, it says adultery is a sin but then it says "have sex only with your wives or what your right hand possess (slave woman)". It also states that you can beat your wives if they are disobedient. I was troubled by this so I asked around and searched online. I ain't know I had to keep my pimp hand strong, ya heard. Anyways, I was told by one person that I can't beat my (hypothetical) wife so hard that it leaves a mark and another person explained "no, no, the Classical Arabic is hard to understand, it says you can "symbolically" hit her, like with a toothpick to express your disapproval", but even if that were the case, my hypothetical wife is not a *** child!!! So I decided maybe the practicing stuff wasn't for me, but I still wanted to keep my Muslim identity.

Last year, tension broke out in the old country, Bangladesh, and it was between the liberal and Conservative parties. The liberal party (in power) put to trial the Bangladeshi mullahs (Islamic leaders) who helped the Pakistani army commit genocide in 1971, where over a million Hindus and revolters were raped and killed. The Conservative party went nuts, blew up some stuff and demanded these criminals be set free because they are Islamic leaders. I couldn't believe it, I was filled with disgust, so I started to really look into the Muslim world. I realized rationality and Islam cannot coexist, Islam thrives purely on emotions. These fuckers go crazy about a five minute YouTube video! Are you kidding me? They go ape about Israel and Palestine, but look the other way when THEY kill each other, I mean look at Syria; where's the outrage and the sad Facebook posts?? Nowhere, because it doesn't involve the "evil little Jews".

The Muslim world is uneducated, the arts are considered blasphemous, and Pokemon is banned!!? The Saudi inbreds have tons of oil and a never ending tourism scheme, basically they have a " ton" of money. They can easily use that money for endless research in science and medicine, build universities and change the Muslim world by example but no! They have to build new palaces to stash their 253 different children from their 98 different wives. Oh and by the way, the Hadiths are bullshit also, how the hell are you going to tell me "sleeping on your stomach is a sin", fuck you! The Hadiths are more fabricated than my cheap pillow, it's 1600 year old hearsay, you idiots. Anyways, I looked into other religions, and they're no better so I came to the conclusion that it's all crap. And as for my shahada (declaration of faith) that was whispered into my ears, just seconds after my birth, yes I believe it! but just the first part, "la illa ha" THERE IS NO GOD!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I just wanted to share my story and opinion. I am humbled by the platform that you guys have given me to express my thoughts. I have been receiving messages from muslims, trying to show me the error in my ways. Obviously, their counter arguments are from ignorance and not logic. However, I must leave now, this is not my original account (original had real name in it) and I have my Bio Final tomorrow so I must go and study. But here's a treat for you, my fellow godless bastards. Muslims will always make the claim that Islam is the most logical and practical religion in the world so just show them how illogical it is. Here are two freebies:

1) Women are not allowed to visit burials, even if the person being buried is her mother, father, husband, son, daughter...you get the point. In fact she isn't even allowed to go near graveyards, and the reason? Her heart isn't strong enough, and she can easily get possessed. XD

2) When mohammed visited god, god showed him both heaven and hell. When asked by his friends what he saw in hell, he replied....mostly women. Both of these are written in Bukhari, an authentic hadiths that they cannot not refute. Go get em!

lifted from r/atheism

• Upvote 2