what is the future for windows admin jobs?

movie_buff

1. Once company adopts Devops/AWS . Then companies don't need windows or Linux or VMware admins. 

2. Windows is dead operating systems. I don't see any use other than their AD and Exchange. 

There is no future for windows admins

4 minutes ago, CNR said:

1. Once company adopts Devops/AWS . Then companies don't need windows or Linux or VMware admins. 

2. Windows is dead operating systems. I don't see any use other than their AD and Exchange. 

There is no future for windows admins

cnr mama EMC storage evergreen ani cheppav kada

AWS tho pani enduku

EMC BAck up technologies nerpinchu 

42 minutes ago, movie_buff said:

tell your views

Please check with Mr Kumar sir, he has 21 years experience as Windows Admin. 

10 in India, 11 in US so please ask him about this. 

most of the admin jobs cool undevi 1 year back daka, remote support, wfh ..etc. Due to heavy automation and moving these routine tasks to offshore people., these days its a waste now moving to any Admin jobs and tools too. Try to learn any coding language + sql it will help. 

Just now, lucky7 said:

most of the admin jobs cool undevi 1 year back daka, remote support, wfh ..etc. Due to heavy automation and moving these routine tasks to offshore people., these days its a waste now moving to any Admin jobs and tools too. Try to learn any coding language + sql it will help. 

Good point, no future for any admins very soon. 

Become developers right now or get ready to be laid off. 

Naa personal exp tho chepthunna Windows Admin is a good way to start your career if you're not interested in Programming. 

But Only Windows Admin valla pedda career lo progress undadu!! so eventually you need to become Infrastructure Engineer. But for that, you need to have exp in these 4 areas

1. Windows Server Infrastructure - most servers today run Windows Server 2008 and most companies use Active Directory. Even much of the network infrastructure at companies is run using Windows Server's DHCP server, DNS server, VPN, and remote desktop. You can find Windows Server training here.
  2. Network Infrastructure (Cisco) - everything goes through the network. Whether you learn Cisco-specific networking or not, understanding IP networking, subnets, gateways, switches, routers, ACL, wireless, and what's inside a packet will give you a strong foundation. You can find Cisco router and switch training here.
  3. Storage - what's the difference between a SAN and NAS. Should I use NFS or iSCSI? Why should I use RAID 1 vs 5? How do I measure storage latency? Being able to answer questions like these gives you an idea of the types of things you need to know related to storage. For Storage training, I recommend this EMC Press book - Information Storage and Management.
  4. Virtualization & Cloud Computing - if your infrastructure isn't using virtualization and/or cloud computing today, you need to learn it and implement it yourself. It will make IT admins more productive and IT infrastructures more efficient. You can find VMware virtualization traininghere.

https://www.pluralsight.com/blog/it-ops/infrastructure-engineer

9 minutes ago, ontariontari said:

Naa personal exp tho chepthunna Windows Admin is a good way to start your career if you're not interested in Programming. 

But Only Windows Admin valla pedda career lo progress undadu!! so eventually you need to become Infrastructure Engineer. But for that, you need to have exp in these 4 areas

1. Windows Server Infrastructure - most servers today run Windows Server 2008 and most companies use Active Directory. Even much of the network infrastructure at companies is run using Windows Server's DHCP server, DNS server, VPN, and remote desktop. You can find Windows Server training here.
  2. Network Infrastructure (Cisco) - everything goes through the network. Whether you learn Cisco-specific networking or not, understanding IP networking, subnets, gateways, switches, routers, ACL, wireless, and what's inside a packet will give you a strong foundation. You can find Cisco router and switch training here.
  3. Storage - what's the difference between a SAN and NAS. Should I use NFS or iSCSI? Why should I use RAID 1 vs 5? How do I measure storage latency? Being able to answer questions like these gives you an idea of the types of things you need to know related to storage. For Storage training, I recommend this EMC Press book - Information Storage and Management.
  4. Virtualization & Cloud Computing - if your infrastructure isn't using virtualization and/or cloud computing today, you need to learn it and implement it yourself. It will make IT admins more productive and IT infrastructures more efficient. You can find VMware virtualization traininghere.

https://www.pluralsight.com/blog/it-ops/infrastructure-engineer

Thank you Kumar sir.