40+ years indians life in usa, is it worth it

andhrafan85

7 minutes ago, andhrafan85 said:

will reach 40 in 5 years and thinking if this is all worth, waiting for GC for 10+ years etc..

oka 6 months india velli ra uncle motham recharge avuthav....inko 20 years wait chesthav malli

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. 

Neeku vellali anipisthe just book flights and velli po anthe. do not compare with any desi people in us. 

Best post I've ever seen in this DB.

bl@stbl@st

6 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. Manam inka enni years bratukutamo teliyadu ee stress life style lo and also parents india lo enni rojulu inka untaro kooda teliyadu so unna short time lo enjoy chey vallatho    Just satisfy avvu ippati varaku usa lo earn chesina money tho 

Neeku vellali anipisthe just book flights and velli po anthe. do not compare with any desi people in us. 

evadi suggestion adagaku antaney brianwash chesavu ga@3$%

13 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  just as a middle class ppl laga bratikithe chalu india lo , no need to send kids to international schools. US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. Manam inka enni years bratukutamo teliyadu ee stress life style lo and also parents india lo enni rojulu inka untaro kooda teliyadu so unna short time lo enjoy chey vallatho    Just satisfy avvu ippati varaku usa lo earn chesina money tho 

good post, not asking opinion, just wanting to know how will be life after 40+ here, curiousity kosam adiga

Indialo job chesi 60 yrski retire...USlo nana arm lickings sesi 60ki retire avvadamlo ardam ledu...move back and do wht u like..no need to worry..nee childhood kanna financialga nee kids childnood will be lot better...nuvvu 40 ante parents aprox 65s untaru kada..inka enni yrs vallatho time spend cheygalanu anukuntunav?..inka think cheste repoduna neeku money untadi but naa anukoni karchupettadaniki manushule undaru...thnk abt it

32 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  just as a middle class ppl laga bratikithe chalu india lo , no need to send kids to international schools. US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. Manam inka enni years bratukutamo teliyadu ee stress life style lo and also parents india lo enni rojulu inka untaro kooda teliyadu so unna short time lo enjoy chey vallatho    Just satisfy avvu ippati varaku usa lo earn chesina money tho 

Good post bro

one thing is sure the America it was and The way it is going now 

Not worth anipistundi

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

1 hour ago, nagchiru said:

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

Good one...