US to INDIA via london/paris -H1b stamp expired

ilovemyself2

Hi,

I am travelling from US to India, a layover in London and I have a Indian passport with expired H1b visa stamp and I have an approved I797. Is it true that I need a transit visa travelling through London/Paris?  Does it depends on layover time? If transit visa is required what is the procedure and How long would it take to get Transit visa? costs?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ilovemyself2

• Idassamed

• Hyper

• Kalam_Youtheman

19 minutes ago, ilovemyself2 said:

Hi,

I am travelling from US to India, a layover in London and I have a Indian passport with expired H1b visa stamp and I have an approved I797. Is it true that I need a transit visa travelling through London/Paris?  Does it depends on layover time? If transit visa is required what is the procedure and How long would it take to get Transit visa? costs?

@Android_Halwa  & @mettastar last tme edho discuss chesaru

50 minutes ago, ilovemyself2 said:

Hi,

Yes you cannot transit through London if your US visa is expired. Go to the UK govt website which will clearly explain the steps on how to apply for a transit or tourist visa. 

11 hours ago, ilovemyself2 said:

Hi,

you can only go through Frankfurt (lufthansa & co) with expired stamp, in Europe

else, go through middle east or book direct flight to India

11 hours ago, ilovemyself2 said:

Hi,

transit visa avasaram ledu baa

first of all if you don't have h1b visa stamp ticket book chesukolevu if the ticket is for round trip

one way ayithe vichala vidiga vellipovachu don't worry

round trip kavali ticket ante avoid british airways.... 

Bhayya .. if u r not leaving airport .. u don;t need a transit visa ... 

in london ... if u land in gatwik and catch next flight in heathrew ... u need transit visa ...

but if u land in heathrew terminal x ... n next fligh tis in terminal y ... u dont need transit visa ..

period ...

safe journey ...