Beware of recruiters, especially if from India!

Piracy Raja

Here we go. It was not enough have to deal with completely unskilled recruiters. The new trend is letting Indians do recruiting. By Indians I don’t mean Native Americans, but Indians from India. I am sick of these Indian recruiters.

In my experience searching for a job, I had to deal with a plethora of so called recruiters. They are totally unskilled, they ask you for a resume and they disappear immediately thereafter. I call them keyword searchers. Yes they search for keywords on job boards and they find your resume. This is fine to sift through tons of resumes, but after that, you may think they start reading; think again, they are not able to read.

The new trend in this nightmare, is called Indian recruiters. Not really a scam, but close. They buy an American phone number (an easy task with VOIP), then they start bombing you with the most absurd jobs. I live in NC and they propose me crap such as a 3 month assignments in Oregon. Now, do they know a little about geography? Why a person not totally insane would move from NC to OR (probably more than 3,000 miles) for a shabby job?

Last call I received, I asked who eventually would pay for a face to face interview in Oregon. His answer was: the company will interview you only over the phone. Would you like to work for a company you never met one of their officials? Or your future boss? Are we insane here?

Besides their terrible accent (sometimes I don’t understand a word of what they are saying) why don’t they write me an email, so I can delete it immediately wasting only a second of my time?

The proof they don’t read a resume, relies on what they search for. I give you an example; let say that your resume has, somewhere, that you have knowledge of Windows XP. A skill that probably 90% of people can claim (being an expert is another story). They will contact you for a position as Senior Windows Server administrator. Why? Because searching for keywords only, your resume pops up in their search.

Working in this way they waste time for the hiring company (assuming that the proposed job is not fake and I suspect 90% of those job does not exist), your own time and ultimately theirs (not that I care about them wasting their own time).

One of the best request I got was: “I saw your resume on xxxxxxx (a job board), would you be interested in this job? If yes, can you please send me your resume?” Now if they found my resume somewhere, why do they need my resume? It is like asking for my phone number during a phone call they placed to me. Pathetic, idiotic, stupid, moronic (I need a dictionary to find more appropriate adjectives).

One important thing. Never give out your resume to people less than serious. One big red flag is that they never tell you the name of the company they are recruiting for. What is that, secret services? You are not supposed to know the name of the company you will eventually work for? Talk of insanity. Second big red flag? Addresses and recruiting firm they put in their signature (when they write emails) are not existent or taken from a phone book, so are jobs they propose.

So, why do they need your resume? Something I can infer from my experience:

• they collect resumes in order to reach their weekly quota. In a few discussion groups I had confirmation of my suspicion;
  • they are going to harass companies you worked for, in order to get some business; you better avoid that, if you want to use those companies as reference;
  • they might even try to steal your identity

I decided to publish on my blog some of their stupid requests, with name and all details provided by them. Emails don’t give them expectation of privacy, as my signature’s disclaimer says.

Recruiting is the new crooks’ frontier. Beware of recruiters, especially if from India!

passport copies

h1b copies

visa stamping pages...

last 4 digits of ssn...

company details...

DOB...

linkedin profile...

skype id...

email id...

95% recruiters are from India man....including prime vendors.

inka enno details isthunam man...daily desi recruiters ki emi chesthunarro...asalu...god knows...

emina argue chesthey...fake candidate anukuntadu malli...

14 minutes ago, chicchara said:

luvadaloo marketing calls...pharmacy calls and medicine kavali ani calls vasthunaye..

ev evo numbers nunchi... these recruiters are selling our data for sure.

yes uncle student loan ani oka year 10guthnaru

enni numbers block chasina new numbers kelli call chestharu

daily oka 2 calls ithae pakka

em chayaloo emooo

41 minutes ago, Gentle_Boy said:

passport copies

h1b copies

visa stamping pages...

last 4 digits of ssn...

company details...

DOB...

linkedin profile...

skype id...

email id...

95% recruiters are from India man....including prime vendors.

inka enno details isthunam man...daily desi recruiters ki emi chesthunarro...asalu...god knows...

emina argue chesthey...fake candidate anukuntadu malli...

yes mannn

1 hour ago, gilly said:

yes uncle student loan ani oka year 10guthnaru

enni numbers block chasina new numbers kelli call chestharu

daily oka 2 calls ithae pakka

em chayaloo emooo

me too same problem man, truecaller not catching all numbers