Crypto/BitCoin lo Idea unna vallu pls randi

spicyfish

Naaku telisina kaasta information chepta. 

Disclaimer: I am not at all an expert. But I do small trades 

Mining and trading are 2 different things. All of my info is with reference to trading only

Websites like Coinbase, GDAX, bittrex, bitfinex, gemini, etc are all trading platforms. Think of them fidelity, tdameritrade, etc for stock trading.
There are so many (literaaly very many) platforms where you can trade. Above are few platforms which have been here for a long time.

I personally use Coinbase, GDAX (mostly), Bittrex (started recently) anthe. 
Coinbase and GDAX are one and the same company. More about the difference below

Coinbase & GDAX trade only Bitcoin [BTC](NO gold/cash), Ethereum [ETH], and Litecoin [LTC]

Coinbase is one of the very few companies that allows you to buy their cryptos with cash. You should link your bank account and fund your coinbase account first. Bank funding takes 1 week so dont expect to start today and buy tomorrow. 
You can fund with a Credit card as well but that is 3-4% fee and I strongly recommend not to do that.
Once you have money in coinbase you can move to GDAX. You cannot put money directly in GDAX
Coinbase can execute only Market orders. Meaning you can buy at current trading price only and they will charge 0.25% fee for each transaction. (eg: you buy $1000 worth of cryptos, you pay $25 in commission)
GDAX can execute market as well as LIMIT orders. 
Basically Limit orders are "You setting a limit for the buy price or sale price" When a buyer and seller come together with matching numbers they let your trades be executed. LIMIT ORDERS HAVE NO PROCESSING FEE.
I always do only Limit orders.

Every trading platform you have an account with, will provide you  with a unique wallet address. You can use your wallet address to transfer your coins from 1 wallet to another. Think of it like a bank account number that you use to transfer money from one account to another. 

Why use multiple platforms?
Coinbase & GDAX support only 3 - BTC,ETH & LTC
If you were to invest in other coins like XRP, NEW, DASH, BCC, BCG etc you need other platforms.
Bittrex and Bitfinex are 2 platforms that support many coins.
How to buy in Bittrex?
You can buy only with BTC. Not with actual currency. 
If I want to buy $1000 worth of NEO - First I buy $1000 worth of BTC, transfer to Bittrex and then buy there
If you are doing this, dont do when the market is very volatile. 
For eg: when you buy in GDAX BTC could be $9000. By the time you move (txr) your BTC to Bittrex there could be a huge change during volatile markets and may go down to $8000. So be cautious.

Why hardware wallet?
Multiple reasons
Basically any platform is vulnerable. 
Keep in mind this is a decentralized system. It is not like govt will back your assets stored in a financial institution.
If you have 2 BTC in Bittrex and someone steals from your account - BOOM they are gone. No more getting them back. 
If you are looking for long term investments better to move to a hardware wallet and store it securely
BUY HARDWARE WALLETS FROM THE COMPANY ONLY. Cheap/deal naa bondha ani pichi pichi vi konaddu. If someone bugged your wallets before selling you are asking to be cheated. 

Whenever currencies fork (like split) they will have many terms and conditions. 
Your coins will harvest along with the new coins only if you have the coins in certain platform or hardware wallets etc
For eg: recently Bitcoin forked with Bitcoin Gold [BTG]
At the time of the fork, if you had BTC in GDAX - YOU WILL NOT GET BCG
If your BTC was in a hardware wallet or Bittrex (I think so), you will have BTC and BCG as well. Now not having the right homework and appropriate wallets is a missed opportunity.

You can have a free soft wallet made in your laptop and store there too. If your computer dies, hard disk crashes or whatever reason it is - again no more getting your cryptos back.

There could be more reasons to know but thats all I know about hardware wallets.

I do not invest in packages, lending, interest, ICOs, Alt coins etc. So I do not want to give half baked information.

Open accounts in primary platforms, fund some money (like $300-$1000 etc), do few sample trades. You will get a hang of it.
There are a million other nuances to consider if you want to make this a part of your stream. Do self reading, self-investigate and follow your gut. 
No one can guarantee anything. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Mining and trading are 2 different things. All of my info is with reference to trading only

Websites like Coinbase, GDAX, bittrex, bitfinex, gemini, etc are all trading platforms. Think of them fidelity, tdameritrade, etc for stock trading.
There are so many (literaaly very many) platforms where you can trade. Above are few platforms which have been here for a long time.

Coinbase & GDAX trade only Bitcoin [BTC](NO gold/cash), Ethereum [ETH], and Litecoin [LTC]

Coinbase is one of the very few companies that allows you to buy their cryptos with cash. You should link your bank account and fund your coinbase account first. Bank funding takes 1 week so dont expect to start today and buy tomorrow. 
You can fund with a Credit card as well but that is 3-4% fee and I strongly recommend not to do that.
Once you have money in coinbase you can move to GDAX. You cannot put money directly in GDAX
Coinbase can execute only Market orders. Meaning you can buy at current trading price only and they will charge 0.25% fee for each transaction. (eg: you buy $1000 worth of cryptos, you pay $25 in commission)
Basically Limit orders are "You setting a limit for the buy price or sale price" When a buyer and seller come together with matching numbers they let your trades be executed. LIMIT ORDERS HAVE NO PROCESSING FEE.

Every trading platform you have an account with, will provide you  with a unique wallet address. You can use your wallet address to transfer your coins from 1 wallet to another. Think of it like a bank account number that you use to transfer money from one account to another. 

If you were to invest in other coins like XRP, NEW, DASH, BCC, BCG etc you need other platforms.
How to buy in Bittrex?
If I want to buy $1000 worth of NEO - First I buy $1000 worth of BTC, transfer to Bittrex and then buy there
For eg: when you buy in GDAX BTC could be $9000. By the time you move (txr) your BTC to Bittrex there could be a huge change during volatile markets and may go down to $8000. So be cautious.

Why hardware wallet?
Multiple reasons
Keep in mind this is a decentralized system. It is not like govt will back your assets stored in a financial institution.
If you have 2 BTC in Bittrex and someone steals from your account - BOOM they are gone. No more getting them back. 
If you are looking for long term investments better to move to a hardware wallet and store it securely
BUY HARDWARE WALLETS FROM THE COMPANY ONLY. Cheap/deal naa bondha ani pichi pichi vi konaddu. If someone bugged your wallets before selling you are asking to be cheated. 

Your coins will harvest along with the new coins only if you have the coins in certain platform or hardware wallets etc
If your BTC was in a hardware wallet or Bittrex (I think so), you will have BTC and BCG as well. Now not having the right homework and appropriate wallets is a missed opportunity.

You can have a free soft wallet made in your laptop and store there too. If your computer dies, hard disk crashes or whatever reason it is - again no more getting your cryptos back.

There could be more reasons to know but thats all I know about hardware wallets.

I do not invest in packages, lending, interest, ICOs, Alt coins etc. So I do not want to give half baked information.

Open accounts in primary platforms, fund some money (like $300-$1000 etc), do few sample trades. You will get a hang of it.
There are a million other nuances to consider if you want to make this a part of your stream. Do self reading, self-investigate and follow your gut. 

Good luck!

Bhayya, thanks for making things simple . You Rock ! God Bless

2 minutes ago, Raithu_bida said:

Adi scam ani prove chesaruga 

yes, its very very very risky to invest in these.. i still invested little(bitconnect and chain.group).. if they stay i make money by compounding..if they leave i lose little which is ok for me

5 minutes ago, cup_saucer said:

buying their coins in exchanges and investing in their lending platform which will give u more ROI bro?

buying their coins early will make you good money..after ICO price will grow very high..

so i went for lending.. chain.group doesnt have any coin..its an escrow service..

i bought some ethconnect ICO.. that will be my last lending investment.. too risky..i got burned by bitpetite(not much though i invested $150)..these guys can flip their business anytime

28 minutes ago, 9ine said:

buying their coins early will make you good money..after ICO price will grow very high..

so i went for lending.. chain.group doesnt have any coin..its an escrow service..

i bought some ethconnect ICO.. that will be my last lending investment.. too risky..i got burned by bitpetite(not much though i invested $150)..these guys can flip their business anytime

endo matladutunnaru ..but i will be there one day i hope and w;ill talk same language with confidence.

sare kani konni doubts- ippude coinbase accoutn chesina

:

@ cup_saucer dude : see this screenshot:  paste aitaledu, anyways : coinbase lo accounts loki pote  BTC walet , eth wallet a nd usd wallet ani undi ...usd matram deposit undi , so indulo mana cash deposit cheyala by linking bank a//c ? You said  "Bank funding takes 1 week so dont expect to start today and buy tomorrow. "  akkda emo trades take 4-5 days to process antundu so this is normal and safe anthe na?

2 hours ago, phatposts said:

How to buy in Bittrex?

Why hardware wallet?
Multiple reasons

Good luck!

/

more quetions dude :  coinbase lo tools --address ani undi , andulo create new address click chesina - oka long char set vachindi ade na my bit adress -ekkada use chestam?

55 minutes ago, spicyfish said:

more quetions dude :  coinbase lo tools --address ani undi , andulo create new address click chesina - oka long char set vachindi ade na my bit adress -ekkada use chestam?

you dont need it..i never used it..yes its bitcoin address..but its owned by coinbase..

first buy BTC/ETH/LTC with you bank account..

after its deposited in your account then send it where ever you want it to be or leave it in coinbase..its a trusted site..

1 hour ago, spicyfish said:

mundu ento konta petti cc/dc petti btc/eth konu bro taravatha slow ga ardam avutundi .

• Upvote 1