Administrative Processing without 221G-Dec 26, 2017-HYD

prince143

6 hours ago, prince143 said:

@jalebibai  Can you tell me the exact number of business days for status to change from Administrative Processing to Approved from day of interview?

9 business days, 2 weeks calendar days exactly, 1 holiday

8 hours ago, comradee said:

On same boat

attended  on jan2nd.

basic questions

employer,client ,sal,project related,highest education.

im  on evc model.

no 221g. VO said they need to verify few things and it might take 1 or 2 weeks  to be completed.

VO kept my passport.

almost all h1bs in my line undergone same process.

f1s ayitey 90%rejection.few people got who were confident.

lucky guys ippudu ochi kuda emi feekedi ledu

12 hours ago, prince143 said:

I attended visa interview on 26 Dec 2017 at Hyderabad consulate. I am working as a contractor for Social Security Administration. Basic questions like Employer/Client Name, Annual Pay and my Role was asked. 

VO mentioned case needs administrative processing because I studied in USA(Studied in a good university which had accreditation), but no slips were given at time of interview. I checked my case online and it shows Admin Processing till today.

Please let me know if someone is in the same boat. Any idea how many days its may take to process. Can I call the consulate and check for the delay? I have my journey on 14 Jan 2018(I have a week). 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the administrative process.. all you can do is wait for a response from them... if no much issues.. you should get response sometime next week or end of Jan coz most of the employees are still on vacation. It also depends on whether the officer who requested Admin process is back to work or on vacation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for your replies and information. My Visa status was changed to Issued today. I have requested to post my passport instead of pickup.

Can someone tell me how many days it will take to receive my passport? 

2 minutes ago, prince143 said:

Thanks everyone for your replies and information. My Visa status was changed to Issued today. I have requested to post my passport instead of pickup.

Can someone tell me how many days it will take to receive my passport? 

1-2 days

• 3 years later...