Chase saphire preferred card

gupta24

2 minutes ago, ringa_ringa said:

Its good plan if you have good credit score and not worry about hard pulls. Also beware of Chase 24 month rule...

Anyways, if you are specifically looking for travel card, Chase Reserve gives you a better overall value than preferred. Double points for some categories, 1.5 times while speding on travel, Priority pass and for all this you will be paying just $55 extra, which will be coverd with average use of this card! 

That's not right. 

You get 3X on travel related spend and 1X on everything. 

Some underrated benefits are primary car rental coverage, trip delay and trip cancellation protection. Recently people I know gt stuck at ORD during the storm in Boston.  Chase covered that under trip delay protection up to $500 per person. So they got $1000 of their expenses covered when staying in Chicago.

I personally dont think Chase is great when coming to purchase protection, lost coverage etc in the premium cards' space

7 minutes ago, phatposts said:

That's not right. 

You get 3X on travel related spend and 1X on everything. 

Some underrated benefits are primary car rental coverage, trip delay and trip cancellation protection. Recently people I know gt stuck at ORD during the storm in Boston.  Chase covered that under trip delay protection up to $500 per person. So they got $1000 of their expenses covered when staying in Chicago.

I personally dont think Chase is great when coming to purchase protection, lost coverage etc in the premium cards' space

3X on dining too.. 

yes, discover is way better for price protection than Chase

5 hours ago, phatposts said:

Do not upgrade plz.

Get the sapphire preferred, do the min spend and after 4-5 months do a product change (PC) to Freedom Unlimited or Freedom

In thos 4-5 months get a Freedom. That way after the product change you will have 2 Freedoms or 1 freedom and 1 freedom unlimited

Now apply for Reserve.

As per new rules, you can have only Preferred or Reserve at one point of time. 

With Reserve in your portfolio all your points get 1.5c value rather than 1.25c

If you want to play the cc points game understand bunch of things and you will see fantastic benefits. If you end up using your card for unnecessary things and pay interests the banks will love you, but you will be in deep sh1t

Glad to see few of them interested on CC points. That's the right strategy and but i would recommend to hold longer after product conversion to chase freedom / freedom unlimited before applying for Sapphire reserve. I have read through stories where chase hold your account under a review process. 

Note: Chase has 5/24 rule(5 hard hits on last 24 months or less). so folks trying to apply ensure you dont have 5 credit checks on your account in last 24months

29 minutes ago, pain said:

Glad to see few of them interested on CC points. That's the right strategy and but i would recommend to hold longer after product conversion to chase freedom / freedom unlimited before applying for Sapphire reserve. I have read through stories where chase hold your account under a review process. 

Note: Chase has 5/24 rule(5 hard hits on last 24 months or less). so folks trying to apply ensure you dont have 5 credit checks on your account in last 24months

It is 5 new accounts, not 5 hard hits. 

Let us say In the last 24 months you applied for 8 credit cards(4 approved & 4 declined), 1 car loan, 1 hard hit for new phone - then technically you are 4/24 not 10/24.

These new accounts (credit card accounts only) can be from any bank not just chase.

43 minutes ago, gupta24 said:

Epude chase vadiki call chesa ssn copy email cheyamandu ah tarvata ne decision chepatadanta. 

Recent gaa US vachina naa friend ki same happened. He sent everything they asked for and he got approved. Hopefully that will be the case for you as well. Good Luck!

3 hours ago, phatposts said:

It is 5 new accounts, not 5 hard hits. 

Let us say In the last 24 months you applied for 8 credit cards(4 approved & 4 declined), 1 car loan, 1 hard hit for new phone - then technically you are 4/24 not 10/24.

These new accounts (credit card accounts only) can be from any bank not just chase.

Good info.. unfortunately my friend got rejected despite having only 4 new accounts 1 rejection so i assumed they do consider it.