Norman Matloff: The H-4 Visa for H-1B Spouses

desiboys

The H-4 Visa for H-1B Spouses

7c779e7cbbc292956e04361f432b5cab?s=24&d=identicon&r=g matloff
1 hour ago
As many of you know, the Obama administration issued an executive order decreeing that spouses of H-1B visa holders be granted work permission in the U.S. The Trump administration has announced plans to reverse that order.

To me, the issue is exceedingly simple: Allow the spouses to work, but count them towards the yearly H-1B cap. This would deal with the humanity issue — many spouses are highly educated and feel frustrated by their lack of ability to do so — but would also recognize the reality that many of these spouses take jobs that qualified and interested Americans would fill.

In other words, I do indeed sympathize with the H-1B spouses — except this one quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle. The article notes,

For immigrant families in the Bay Area, where housing is rarely affordable on a single salary, the work permit has helped them make ends meet.

Sivarajan, who worked for several years in India before coming to the U.S., said she would have never bought a bigger house in Fremont a few years ago if she knew she could lose her right to work.

I find this highly offensive, typical of the unwarranted sense of entitlement common among the H-1Bs (“We are contributing so much to the U.S.”). Ms. Sivarajan buys her dream house, due to benefiting from a legally questionable executive order, and now publicly expresses outrage that she may no longer be able to afford it? What is the Hindi word for chutzpah?!

The fact is that the REASON Bay Area real estate is so expensive is that Silicon Valley employers have hired so many foreign workers, swelling the pool of home buyers. Sivarajan is the CAUSE of the very problem she is decrying.

Look, I have family and friends in Fremont who are benefiting from the steep rise in housing prices, since they bought their properties long ago. Good for them, but the fact is that many Americans — native and immigrant alike — are frozen OUT of the real estate market as a result of tech employers’ love of cheap, indentured labor.

I hope the Trump people don’t cave on this one.

49 minutes ago, mettastar said:

Ante h4eAD lo andaru high skilled ey na_%~

Naaku telisina vaallu H4 EAD meda flower shop lo kuda working... adhi mana vaalla vadakam ....  Tamil batch adhi .. Anta Assamey

Sivarajan, who worked for several years in India before coming to the U.S., said she would have never bought a bigger house in Fremont a few years ago if she knew she could lose her right to work.

future lo naaku lottery vasthundi ani million $ home konna annattu vundi ee logic. 

2 hours ago, desiboys said:

The H-4 Visa for H-1B Spouses

7c779e7cbbc292956e04361f432b5cab?s=24&d=identicon&r=g matloff
1 hour ago
As many of you know, the Obama administration issued an executive order decreeing that spouses of H-1B visa holders be granted work permission in the U.S. The Trump administration has announced plans to reverse that order.

To me, the issue is exceedingly simple: Allow the spouses to work, but count them towards the yearly H-1B cap. This would deal with the humanity issue — many spouses are highly educated and feel frustrated by their lack of ability to do so — but would also recognize the reality that many of these spouses take jobs that qualified and interested Americans would fill.

In other words, I do indeed sympathize with the H-1B spouses — except this one quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle. The article notes,

For immigrant families in the Bay Area, where housing is rarely affordable on a single salary, the work permit has helped them make ends meet.

I find this highly offensive, typical of the unwarranted sense of entitlement common among the H-1Bs (“We are contributing so much to the U.S.”). Ms. Sivarajan buys her dream house, due to benefiting from a legally questionable executive order, and now publicly expresses outrage that she may no longer be able to afford it? What is the Hindi word for chutzpah?!

The fact is that the REASON Bay Area real estate is so expensive is that Silicon Valley employers have hired so many foreign workers, swelling the pool of home buyers. Sivarajan is the CAUSE of the very problem she is decrying.

Look, I have family and friends in Fremont who are benefiting from the steep rise in housing prices, since they bought their properties long ago. Good for them, but the fact is that many Americans — native and immigrant alike — are frozen OUT of the real estate market as a result of tech employers’ love of cheap, indentured labor.

I hope the Trump people don’t cave on this one.

Why do trump worry about people who has come from Sh** countries anni already told. We don't care  H4 ead Rip.

Merit based will send Sivarajan to India and he can buy a come close to chennai beach ani triump pmed

58 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

future lo naaku lottery vasthundi ani million $ home konna annattu vundi ee logic. 

Edsinattu undi logic

its very common for couples to plan for a home when they have second income or both spouses plan to work andulo tappemundi edavatam tappa prati daniki

1 hour ago, Anta Assamey said:

Naaku telisina vaallu H4 EAD meda flower shop lo kuda working... adhi mana vaalla vadakam ....  Tamil batch adhi .. Anta Assamey

Vadakam emundi? H4ead permit chesindi only it lo work cheyamane kaadu ga?

18 minutes ago, Captain_nd_Coke said:

Edsinattu undi logic

its very common for couples to plan for a home when they have second income or both spouses plan to work andulo tappemundi edavatam tappa prati daniki

Nothing wrong in planning for home. Read her words. EAD vundi ani planned bigger home anta. 

Crying sesthundi vallu. H1 visa itself is temporary. Then who told you to plan bigger home antaaru. 

11 minutes ago, TampaChinnodu said:

Nothing wrong in planning for home. Read her words. EAD vundi ani planned bigger home anta. 

Crying sesthundi vallu. H1 visa itself is temporary. Then who told you to plan bigger home antaaru. 

F1 does not have immiration intent where as H1 is dual intent.. vaadukunnodiki vaadukunnantha ikkada immigration system