SA cricket team is the best.

uttermost

Just now, tennisluvr said:

My statement has nothing to do with quota or the lack of it. It's all about how one player can change the entire fortunes of a team, and prove himself to be beyond everyone's expectations time and again. But you carry on with whatever suits your agenda. 

but this thread is about quota. you are the one with a completely tangent 'agenda' here.

Just now, uttermost said:

I don't really care about ABD or anyone. I only wanted to make the point that quota doesn't automatically mean loss in standards.

I don't watch cricket at all.

My point was not about quota system and it's merits and de-merits. My point was that even in a team sport like cricket, how one player's brilliance can completely decide the victory and dominance of a team he's part of. And Virat Kohli is a brilliant example of that, and proved my point again this tour of SA. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

This series was just a show case to prove Kohli's genius. Lots of people even in this DB claimed he will be an utter failure in SA, he proved otherwise. He proved my faith in him, fact is I don't even watch cricket that much. However, I can't but have immense faith in Kohli's abilities to lighten up the game in any country on any pitch, and he proved that my belief in him is correct. 

Quota vs non quota nothing can make a difference when there's a phenom like Kohli on the other side at his best. That's my whole point. 

lol.

I don't really celebrate other people's achievements. :) 

I'm interested in how systems function better or worse.

like SA cricket and rugby teams have shown, quota systems can be made to work. and that is more important than winning a pointless ODI series.

Just now, uttermost said:

lol.

I don't really celebrate other people's achievements. :) 

I'm interested in how systems function better or worse.

like SA cricket and rugby teams have shown, quota systems can be made to work. and that is more important than winning a pointless ODI series.

I am not celebrating either, I am just amazed at how one person can time and again stand up against an entire team and carry the entire game with his genius. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

My point was not about quota system and it's merits and de-merits. My point was that even in a team sport like cricket, how one player's brilliance can completely decide the victory and dominance of a team he's part of. And Virat Kohli is a brilliant example of that, and proved my point again this tour of SA. 

again, its not the point of the thread.

if you are so worried about short term victories to stop building systems that are robust (that are diverse), then the victories you achieve are only temporary.

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

I am not celebrating either, I am just amazed at how one person can time and again stand up against an entire team and carry the entire game with his genius. 

again. this thread is about quota system. individual brilliance is boring. I'm not 17.

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

again, its not the point of the thread.

if you are so worried about short term victories to stop building systems that are robust (that are diverse), then the victories you achieve are only temporary.

I got your point. I agree with that. 

Just now, sattipandu said:

please kiss and make out na?  cant tolerate anymore of "i agree with you but thats not the point of this thread"

right after you stop being a blowhard.

btw, I don't agree with him. but that's not the point of this thread.

the right argument to make is:

SA cricket has suffered since quotas were introduced in the mid 2000s. it has suffered, but has not completely broken down. team spirit has definitely suffered.

you can hear murmurs of discontent the way ABD, du plessis, and all former players talk about it with frustration. They are still not used to the idea of accommodating a player just because he's colored. players like behardien, duminy even had a career because of these rules. It took until a player of the calibre of Hashim Amla to come, for these to somewhat disappear.

players like Ntini openly talked about how he never felt comfortable in the leadership group, and how that affected his game itself. other side, assholes like kevin pieterson  gave lots of sh1t to SA cricket for this particular decision.

still SA cricket stuck to its decision. But I think the decision is somewhat flawed. But within the limited resources SA cricket has at its disposal(not rich enough to ensure grade cricket has this quota system, than the national team), this is the best thing to do.

Even if SA loses games, colored people have some heroes (like Amla, Rabada) to look up to. 

yeah, like Dravid said, life is much bigger than cricket.

Just now, tom bhayya said:

rofl thread majority players in NFL and NBA are kallus sports lo eppudaina sarey ekkadanna sarey talent wins

rofl. talent wins only when its given an opportunity. 

NFL, NBA drafts are way different compared to picking local teams for cricket in SA, and even India (I'm talking state level).

if SA cricket had unbiased hiring system in its grade cricket, there would be no need for quotas.

6 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

rofl thread majority players in NFL and NBA are kallus sports lo eppudaina sarey ekkadanna sarey talent wins

I think because of your 'privilege' that you deny you even have, you have trouble identifying a sport that is dominated by the elite (whites in SA), and denied to the black majority, from a sport that was mostly rejected by the elite (whites in the US) and used as one of the few remaining ways for blacks to climb the social ladder in US.

check your arguments brother. nothing in the world is as simple as 'talent wins'.

12 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

this kind of lazy reasoning is why right wing arguments get laughed at in public discourse.

the only way to push these kind of arguments seems to be, by supporting a fascist regime, that will normalize all kinds of lazy discourse.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

I think because of your 'privilege' that you deny you even have, you have trouble identifying a sport that is dominated by the elite (whites in SA), and denied to the black majority, from a sport that was mostly rejected by the elite (whites in the US) and used as one of the few remaining ways for blacks to climb the social ladder in US.

check your arguments brother. nothing in the world is as simple as 'talent wins'.

NFL is most popular game in USA, president trump baaga hurt ayyadu kuda when players are kneeling and protesting blacks rights. as per his wish NFL lo nallollaki and immigrants ki ivvodhu aney chance untundha?