GMAT for MBA

Robinhood16

13 hours ago, Batman_fan said:

Do you have work exp? Are you in US on h1? If yes, you are in good position. GMAT is just one part. Get around 700 and you will get admission to top univs. Join 1st sem as part time and convert to full time after 1st sem. 

If you are not on h1 and planning to come to US for MBA, think twice. You will need to get into top 20 univ to get the job you wanted. Which means 730+ in gmat, if you are an IT guy.

thanks. I have 7 years work exp and i'm on H1B. 

12 hours ago, newvirus said:

700 is a decent score; but ur admission depends on ur experience and mainly on interview with school. 

MBA in top schools is expensive around 150k easily..

my ex gf did part time MBA from booth Chicago .. I remember, it was around 125k for her..

currently my cousin is doing part time MBA in same school, every weekend povali school ki.. it’s costing him 135k in tuition plus travel expenses as he flies every week there from his work place..

and trust me it’s real hard, you won’t have time.. but it’s worth it once u graduate and land in a job 

thank you so much dude..... what is your ex GF doing now ? i mean is she working now, if yes, is that a good position ?

14 hours ago, NinduChandurudu said:

currently studyin for gmat and also to get 2 years wep

gmat lo verbal tough...quant aatcatre for indians

try to join some coaching...or take free mocks

thank you....ekkada chuduvuthunnav ? i mean training or self learning aa ? do you have preferred training websites ?

9 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I already gave different plan for people on H1. At high level, everything looks impossible and waste of money but if you dig deep and do more research, you will find other ways. 

If you are in H1, your job is half done. Do Part Time MBA in top school such as Booth, Kellogg, Stern, Ross, Anderson, Haas, Tepper.  No need to sacrifice the day job/I140 and you will still get the job you wanted. 

For Indians coming to US, H1 is not the only option. They accept positions from different countries. Don't assume everyone wants to settle in US. US is favorite destination only for IT people. Not for MBAs

There are good business schools in other countries also my friend. Might as well do it there if someone wanted to settle elsewhere. That is like me saying if you do masters here and don’t get H1 you can go to Canada or India to work.

22 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

There are good business schools in other countries also my friend. Might as well do it there if someone wanted to settle elsewhere. That is like me saying if you do masters here and don’t get H1 you can go to Canada or India to work.

Then they lose the option of H1. People are willing to take risk because they know they can get job with H1 in US with some chance or travel to different country for few years, not necessarily India or Canada. You are making a lot of assumptions.  MBB, and Big 4, AT Kearney are heavily recruiting people from these schools for their Europe, Asian clients. 

Here is sample of intl offers from last year. 

First Year (FY) or Second Year (SY) Positions Foreign national (Y/N) Offer Timing (month-year) Company  Name Job Title City Country Industry Description
SY Y Sep-15 3G CAPITAL – Restaurant Brands International   Toronto Canada Consumer Products
FY Y May-16 8 Miles LLP Investment Associate Addis Ababa Ethiopia Financial Services: Venture Capital/Private Equity
SY Y Aug-15 A.T. Kearney Associate Mexico City Mexico Consulting
FY Y Feb-16 A.T. Kearney Summer Associate Paris France Consulting
SY Y Oct-15 A.T. Kearney Associate Beijing China Consulting
SY Y Nov-15 A.T. Kearney Associate London United Kingdom Consulting
FY Y Feb-16 A.T. Kearney Summer Associate Dubai United Arab Emirates Consulting
SY Y Jan-16 A.T. Kearney Consultant Sydney Australia Consulting
SY Y Nov-15 A.T. Kearney Associate Shanghai China Consulting
FY Y Feb-16 A.T. Kearney 2016 Summer Associate Dubai United Arab Emirates Consulting
SY Y Dec-15 A.T. Kearney Associate Dubai United Arab Emirates Consulting
SY Y May-16 A.T. Kearney   London United Kingdom Consulting
SY Y Aug-16 A.T. Kearney Associate London United Kingdom Consulting
FY Y Jan-16 A.T. Kearney Summer Associate Mexico City Mexico Consulting
SY Y   A.T. Kearney Associate Shanghai China Consulting

17 minutes ago, Robinhood16 said:

thank you....ekkada chuduvuthunnav ? i mean training or self learning aa ? do you have preferred training websites ?

gachibowli lo coaching..no name for the institute

4 minutes ago, tables said:

what’s companies you are aiming for? And what roles? Can you get that role without MBA? 

I think first we need to analyze this before even thinking about gmat and all. 

What is the point of getting an MBA if your aim is to not become a CEO?

1 hour ago, tables said:

what’s companies you are aiming for? And what roles? Can you get that role without MBA? 

I think first we need to analyze this before even thinking about gmat and all. 

there are really good questions...i haven't thought about these questions...

1. No companies in my mind

2. Role, not aiming for specific role but definitely looking for Managerial role and also planning to take over my father's business or do some business in India...so whole purpose of choosing MBA enduku ante....nenu communication lo konchem weak, na mind konchem business cheyataaniki set ayyetattu ledhu ( at least my feeling ) but i'm very much interested in doing business....so MBA in finance or any business related program lo chesthe...konchem exposure vasthundi emo ani....also i would like to try something different instead of daily IT job....chaaala reasons unnayi...

3. i think we can achieve above goals but if you have MBA it will be useful kadha ?

5 hours ago, jbourne said:

okay I heard that CMU has a good MBA program but particularly Tepper Business school ani telidu.

maaku just chinnababu sadivina university ee telsu bhayya pls emanukoku

@3$%