How to get discounts on medical bills

SirRavindraJadeja

I been bombarded with high medical bills. Reaching out of pocket maximum. How can I ask for discount. When calling they outward straight saying no discounts will be offered on patients responsibility after insurance coverage is complete.

Btw I am on bench, paying taxes from pocket and unemployed waiting for project

10 minutes ago, SirRavindraJadeja said:

I been bombarded with high medical bills. Reaching out of pocket maximum. How can I ask for discount. When calling they outward straight saying no discounts will be offered on patients responsibility after insurance coverage is complete.

They will not give avi already insurance discounted. Ask for payment plans/ deferred payments 

33 minutes ago, SirRavindraJadeja said:

you need to wait till you fail on final notice... then they give a call saying they will send to collections at that time you can say you don't have money and can payoff if given discount. they may offer payments plans and you tell them that you are leaving country soon, so thats not an options.. trust me lot of desi people got huge discounts by this way..

27 minutes ago, krishna0125 said:

you need to wait till you fail on final notice... then they give a call saying they will send to collections at that time you can say you don't have money and can payoff if given discount. they may offer payments plans and you tell them that you are leaving country soon, so thats not an options.. trust me lot of desi people got huge discounts by this way..

thats crap advice  .. @~`

but treatment is huge here

29 minutes ago, krishna0125 said:

em advice istunaav man...kondaru mondi ghataalu  'no discount'  antaaru.......tarvaata social 10gestaaru...I have seen many cases cheap fellows....velaku velu India ki xoom transfer lu kodataaru kaani Hospital treatment ki kattaru....

1 minute ago, KathiRamdaas said:

em advice istunaav man...kondaru mondi ghataalu  'no discount'  antaaru.......tarvaata social 10gestaaru...I have seen many cases cheap fellows....velaku velu India ki xoom transfer lu kodataaru kaani Hospital treatment ki kattaru....

Entayya kattedhi avi hospital bills aa? Leka aasthula ammakaniki stamp papers aa? Monnekkado chadiva disc surgery chesaranta. Pain management ki follow up ki velthe urine test adigaranta. Routine test anukuni urine sample isthe addamaina drug screenings chesi 17800 vachindanta bill. Insurance out of network/ not covered ani cheppi we will not pay andi anta. Papam pilla college student. Healthcare system is utterly broken here. Eggottatam lo tappem ledhu anipisthundi 

Hospital bed meedha chaavu bathukula madhya padi untam. Hospital vallaki evo blood tests kavali. Out of network lab ki pampistharu. Decision teesukune stage lo undam. Vadhu ee labs in network veetike pampandi ani cheppalem. After the fact vasthayi bills. Ivi insurance kattav saying out of network. Hospital in network e untundi malli. We cant do anything. Idhi naaku jarigindi. Out of pocket max daatina inka bills vachay. Entra ante idhi Katha. Lucky ga that Amount was less than 100 dollars so kattesa. Adhe ekkuva amount ayithe inka struggles and stress to get that bill down.

4 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

Entayya kattedhi avi hospital bills aa? Leka aasthula ammakaniki stamp papers aa? Monnekkado chadiva disc surgery chesaranta. Pain management ki follow up ki velthe urine test adigaranta. Routine test anukuni urine sample isthe addamaina drug screenings chesi 17800 vachindanta bill. Insurance out of network/ not covered ani cheppi we will not pay andi anta. Papam pilla college student. Healthcare system is utterly broken here. Eggottatam lo tappem ledhu anipisthundi 

nuvvu cheppedi rare case....manchi insurance teeskovachu kada chaala colleges lo healthinsurance discounted plans with good coverages untai...nuvvu cheppe out of network lo kooda cover chestaai. oka velaa antha aina out of pocket limit 3000 to 5000 untadi max adi daatite vaale cover chestaaru.....nuvvu sadivina article link eyyi soosta guarantee ga assal story vere untadi

Just now, KathiRamdaas said:

nuvvu cheppedi rare case....manchi insurance teeskovachu kada chaala colleges lo healthinsurance discounted plans with good coverages untai...nuvvu cheppe out of network lo kooda cover chestaai. oka velaa antha aina out of pocket limit 3000 to 5000 untadi max adi daatite vaale cover chestaaru.....nuvvu sadivina article link eyyi soosta guarantee ga assal story vere untadi

npr lo undi. Neeku US healthcare tho pedha interactions levanukunta. It is not rare. Here is the article. Blue cross blue shield of Texas was the insurer

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/02/16/584296663/how-a-urine-test-after-back-surgery-triggered-a-17-800-bill

2 hours ago, KathiRamdaas said:

lol ts

4 hours ago, Bhai said:

lol ts

Uncle don't judge me...

Please read again

I paid already out of pocket maximum after paying monthly 500$ for insurance... So ended up paying 20,000$ for Insurance and bills alone..now they are asking me to pay 3800 more .... I'll kattukuntu pothuna and finally ee question adige stage ki vachanu... So please try to understand where we can negotiate like insurance companies negotiate