Reports of Errors in USCIS “My Case Status” Online Tool

Srimantudu

One of the most widely used features on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website is the My Case Status portal. As the name implies, this online tool allows a person to check the status of a pending petition or application by inputting the receipt number of the case. Recently, however, there have been reports of incidents in which an applicant inputs the receipt numbers, only to receive an error message, indicating that the system does not recognize the number entered. The USCIS encourages stakeholders who encounter this problem to report the error at [email protected].

My Case Status is Not Official USICS Correspondence

Although the USCIS displays the case status as a courtesy, it is not official correspondence from the USCIS and should not be relied upon until official correspondence is received. It is not uncommon for the USCIS to fail to update the My Case Status data, and the portal sometimes contains errors or unusual status updates, such as, “We updated your name.” While users can have some idea of what is happening on a case, they should only rely on official USCIS correspondence.

Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

26 minutes ago, Srimantudu said:

andulo kuda case number invalid ani ostadi chinnu

nope.;. I checked  , its showing now.. tool lo wrong receipt ani came

8 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

nope.;. I checked  , its showing now.. tool lo wrong receipt ani came

ya,.. me too it is working in the new site... does it also send alerts?