All poker questions/discussions here....

CricPokChic

3 hours ago, CricPokChic said:

did u call or fold??? I am calling in that spot.....

yes I did call with that hand. And unfortunately he had pocket 2’s. He is a good player, he usually don’t play junk hands, and if he had pockets or premium hands, he always protects and raises properly, I didn’t put him on duces for sure. anyways lost around $700 in that hand. 

2 hours ago, KakiJanaky said:

yes I did call with that hand. And unfortunately he had pocket 2’s. He is a good player, he usually don’t play junk hands, and if he had pockets or premium hands, he always protects and raises properly, I didn’t put him on duces for sure. anyways lost around $700 in that hand. 

so he bet $55 with 6 people in the hand on a Q33 board....interesting......

1 hour ago, CricPokChic said:

so he bet $55 with 6 people in the hand on a Q33 board....interesting......

i know right, In fact that’s one of the reasons I didn’t put him on pocket 2’s 

3 hours ago, hello987 said:

chaala years nundi poker lo unnav anmaata 

yeah start chesi 10 years daka avutundi.....kaani never moved to the next level due to job,family etc.....

17 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

not sure whether I can completely concentrate on poker given the circumstances.....

I guess that is blaming your circumstances... How many hours you spend on this DB per week? Based on how many hours you play a month, you can invest same or double the amount of time to invest in a week on studying poker, only if you are really interested. It is time for reality check. I know we have full time jobs and family to take care of, but every thing in your life needs to be prioritized and allocate time accordingly.

6 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

I guess that is blaming your circumstances... How many hours you spend on this DB per week? Based on how many hours you play a month, you can invest same or double the amount of time to invest in a week on studying poker, only if you are really interested. It is time for reality check. I know we have full time jobs and family to take care of, but every thing in your life needs to be prioritized and allocate time accordingly.

u cannot become good in poker only by studying....u need to actually play which is difficult ....I still study everyday in some sort of form.....but not able to play frequently which is stopping my growth as a player.....I spend time on DB when I am at work which I can do but I cannot play poker while I am at work right???

7 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

u cannot become good in poker only by studying....u need to actually play which is difficult ....I still study everyday in some sort of form.....but not able to play frequently which is stopping my growth as a player.....I spend time on DB when I am at work which I can do but I cannot play poker while I am at work right???

Good player is a relative term, not for the argument sake, but mike acevedo took a long time off from playing poker and studied solving poker. I’m not blaming you or trying to correct you. You know your position and priorities better than anybody else. Just tried to give little motivation if at all you are looking for one. I want desi poker community to grow.

3 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

Good player is a relative term, not for the argument sake, but mike acevedo took a long time off from playing poker and studied solving poker. I’m not blaming you or trying to correct you. You know your position and priorities better than anybody else. Just tried to give little motivation if at all you are looking for one. I want desi poker community to grow.

I understand and I appreciate it......but trying to get a concrete solution for this problem.....

37 minutes ago, Champsinmaking said:

@Champsinmaking you are right. Anyone and everyone should do a really good reading and learning before they play. But at the same time when anyone is 60-80% confidence about there game they need to put there learning on the table on the spot and live situation. So, what am just trying to say is when you have a very good understanding of game you need to spend quality amount of hours at the tables. I am no expert to speak about all this is because I myself started learning Poker recently. The only reason I am posting is because I had same discussion with couple of friends this weekend. What they were saying was playing at the tables is very tough after marriage because of Indian mentality they try to explain there wife's poker is a skill game they need to spend some hours at the table(Ex: Monthly twice every session 6-8 hours) But wife always fighting because they think its gambling. Every time he mentions about going for a session there s a big fight and his wife blames him to be a gambler...With all this kind of mental tensions and with baby's around you can not put quality hours at the table. But friends were saying they have American friends who have families but there wife's support them in playing they(Americans) go once a week for 7-8 hours make 1k and go home... At the end if you have an understanding and supportive family it can be done if not even of 20 years and good skill at game you would go no were. 

I also personally want the poker community to grow good in Indian community but after looking at my friends I feel wife' and families should support husbands...