Gita = Kuran

Yaman02

चातुर्वर्ण्यं मया सृष्टं गुणकर्मविभागश: |
तस्य कर्तारमपि मां विद्ध्यकर्तारमव्ययम् || 13||

chātur-varṇyaṁ mayā sṛiṣhṭaṁ guṇa-karma-vibhāgaśhaḥ
tasya kartāram api māṁ viddhyakartāram avyayam

chātuḥ-varṇyamthe four categories of occupations; mayāby me; sṛiṣhṭamwere created; guṇaof quality; karmaand activities; vibhāgaśhaḥaccording to divisions; tasyaof that; kartāramthe creator; apialthough; māmme; viddhiknow; akartāramnon-doer; avyayamunchangeable

Translation

BG 4.13: The four categories of occupations were created by me according to people’s qualities and activities. Although I am the creator of this system, know me to be the non-doer and eternal.

Commentary

The Vedas classify people into four categories of occupations, not according to their birth, but according to their natures. Such varieties of occupations exist in every society. Even in communist nations where equality is the overriding principle, the diversity in human beings cannot be smothered. There are the philosophers who are the communist party think-tanks, there are the military men who protect the country, there are the farmers who engage in agriculture, and there are the factory workers.

The Brahmins are those who have a preponderance of the mode of goodness. They are predisposed toward teaching and worship. The Kshatriyas are those who have a preponderance of the mode of passion mixed with a smaller amount of the mode of goodness. They are inclined toward administration and management. The Vaishyas are those who possess the mode of passion mixed with some mode of ignorance. Accordingly, they form the business and agricultural class. Then there are the Shudras, who are predominated by the mode of ignorance. They form the working class. This classification was neither meant to be according to birth, nor was it unchangeable. Shree Krishna explains in this verse that the classification of the Varṇāśhramsystem was according to people’s qualities and activities.

Although God is the creator of the scheme of the world, yet he is the non-doer. This is similar to the rain. Just as rain water falls equally on the forest, yet from some seeds huge banyan trees sprout, from other seeds beautiful flowers bloom, and from some thorny bushes emerge. The rain, which is impartial, is not answerable for this difference. In the same way, God provides the souls with the energy to act, but they are free in determining what they wish to do with it; God is not responsible for their actions.

Kuran:

slam didn’t spread from out of the Arabian Peninsula and cover Morocco to Indonesia with peace and love. You could ask the (conservative estimate of) 80 million Hindus killed during the conquest of India or the cultures of North Africa (remember Carthage?) utterly destroyed with the spread of Islam, but of course, they’re gone. But it’s not just ancient history, it’s happening daily to Yazidi, Christian Nigerians and more, by people following the letter of the law as dictated by the Quran. As there are far too many surahs and ahadith instructing Muslims to kill unbelievers, here is a taste.

The penultimate surah chronologically is number 9, the most violent of the surahs.

9:5

"So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Note that it says when the sacred months have passed. This means they were not under attack. If they were, the Quran commanded them to defend themselves so there would have been no waiting.

9:29

“Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.”

Note that this abrogates any remaining verse saying Christians and Jews are safe. Just to make sure that Jews and Christians are to be included in conquest, four verses later is:

9:33

“It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.”

A couple more samples from the second to last surah:

9:73

O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

9:123

"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Many, MANY more surah verses commanding violence, especially Medinan verses. Just one more Medinan verse for you, 66:9

O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

Let’s not forget ahadith.

Sahih Muslim 1:30

"The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah."

Sahih Muslim 31:5917 describes Muhammad’s general, Ali, going off to fight but pausing and asking why these people are to be attacked. Muhammad’s response was because they are not Muslim.

“Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: Allah’s Messenger, on what issue should I fight the people? Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger”

Plenty more in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, but I leave you with what is probably the coldest and most callous utterance from Muhammad, quoted several times in both sets of the two most trusted (authentic) collections of ahadith. When informed that during an attack on unbelievers (attacked for nothing but being polytheists) that innocent women and children were killed, he responded “They are from them.”

http://www.trinicenter.com/more/India/invasionsandracism.htm

The Sudras (Sudrans) were considered a different race from the Aryas (Aryans):

" He lauded with one. Living beings were formed: Prajapati was ruler ... He lauded with nineteen: the Sudra and the Arya were created : day and night were the rulers."
-- [ Muir.I.18 ] [ Vajasaneya Samhita XIV.28 ff ] = [ Tait.Sam. IV.3.10.1 ]

"The Brahman caste is sprung from the gods; the Sudra from the Asuras"
Sans.: " Daivyo vai varno brahmanah
asuryyo sudrah "
-- [ Tait.Brah.I.2.6.7 ][ Muir.I.21 ]

" Let him at his will milk out with a golden dish. But let not a Sudra milk it out. For this Sudra has sprung from non-existence .
They say that that which a Shudra milks out is no oblation. Let not a Sudra milk out the Agnihotra. For they do not purify that. "
-- [ Tait.Brah.III.2.3.9 ] [ Muir I.21 ]

The Sudras were always vilified as a black race: After Prajapati (ie. Brahma) created the beings,

" The colour (Varna ) of the Brahmans was white, that of the Kshtriyas red, that of the Vaisyas yellow, and that of the Shudras black"
-- [ MBh.Santi.6930 ff ][ Muir.I.140 ]

" The Brahman is his mouth; he is the Kshattriya-armed, that great One, Vaisya-thighed, and has the black caste abiding in his feet." " Brahmananam kshattra-bhujo mahatma vid-urur anghrisrita-krishna-varnah"
-- [ Muir.I.156 ] [ Bhg.Pur.II.1.37 ]

"Others he [ Brahma ] created from his feet, whose chief characterisitic was drakness."
-- [ Muir 62 ] [ Vis.Pur. I.6.5 ]

" these 7 varshas have a system of four castes. The caste which dwell there are severally the Kapilas, Arunas, Pitas, and Krishnas (or, the Tawny, the Purple, the Yellow and the Black). These, the Brahmans, Kshattryias, the Vaisya an Sudras, worship woth excellent sacrifices Vishnu ... in the form of Vayu... "
-- [ Muir I.499 ] [ Vis.Pur.II.4.12 ]