Parents B1 visa extension

KrishnaDevaRaya

9 hours ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

visa extend antey renew cheyyala? lekapothey already US lo six months unnadaniki extension kaavala?? please frame your question froferly.

Renewal process anta

1 hour ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Renewal process anta

Oh!! Aithe idi process

Though the site Apply for a Visa Explains but still it's complicated and few things are actually difficult to understand. I will explain he process in simplest possible ways instead of cut copy paste from the site version

1. First creat a log in user name and password. From the website mentioned above.
  2. Then go to - apply visa , then renewal of visa.
  3. Then DS-160 form
  4. Fill the application carefully, choose the same category of visa which was earlier applied , make sure you don't change it. Otherwise you won't pass the eligibility of visa interview waiver program.
  5. Another question to be careful - is related with your previous usa visa
    1. Have you been issued a usa visa previously - tick yes
    2. Is your visa valid-Tick yes or No, accordingly
    3. What is visa number.
      1. Right side bottom red colour number is a visa number
    4. Have you travelled to usa : tick yes or no , yes would enhance your chances. If yes then
      1. It will ask you specifically dates and number of days you stayed. ( check your passport immigration entry and exit stamps and put dates. )
    5. Then all the normal questions about your job , educations / previous job / salary /
  6. Once you finish the application , don't submit it , recheck it atleast two times compare all information thoroughly , passport numbers , visa number and travel dates and education , job description, once satisfied. Submit it( once submitted you can't retrieve it and your can't edit it )
  7. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation email of that along with attachment of the application form (only front page )
  8. NO NEED TO UOLOAD YOUR PHOTO, photo shall be clicked at the visa centre. Irrespective of which ever category you are in.
  9. Now go back to to login page , Log in and pay your visa fee, once you pay it takes 2 to 3 hours for it to update before you can take appointments.
  10. Once it's updates start the biometric appointment and visa interview appointment section.
    1. Once you start doing it , it will ask you more questions about your previous visa :
    2. answers to these questions shall decide your eligibility either for drop box or interview waiver or interview.
    3. Questions eg : all questions are to be answered in yes or no
    4. Are you applying for the same category - yes or no
    5. Is your visa still valid - yes or no
    6. You last visa was issued after 1st Jan 2004 or before 1st Jan 2008( yes or no )
    7. If yes then you are eligible for councillor visa interview
      1. That means you don't have to go for visa interview but you still need to go for your biometrics and photo clicked.
    8. Is your visa issued after 1st Jan 2008
      1. If yes you are eligible for drop box
      2. You don't have even go for your biometrics , only go and deposit your passport along with photo as specified.
    9. Has your visa expired more then 12 months ago. Yes or no, if yes, then no interview but if yes then interview
    10. Has you visa annotated
      1. Means some remarks on visa like security clearance required.
      2. Then visa interview required.
  11. Few more simple related questions with your visa.
  12. Once done it will either print a letter for drop box confirmation or if selected for interview waiver program.

5 hours ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Oh!! Aithe idi process

Though the site Apply for a Visa Explains but still it's complicated and few things are actually difficult to understand. I will explain he process in simplest possible ways instead of cut copy paste from the site version

1. First creat a log in user name and password. From the website mentioned above.
  3. Then DS-160 form
  4. Fill the application carefully, choose the same category of visa which was earlier applied , make sure you don't change it. Otherwise you won't pass the eligibility of visa interview waiver program.
    3. What is visa number.
    4. Have you travelled to usa : tick yes or no , yes would enhance your chances. If yes then
      1. It will ask you specifically dates and number of days you stayed. ( check your passport immigration entry and exit stamps and put dates. )
    5. Then all the normal questions about your job , educations / previous job / salary /
  6. Once you finish the application , don't submit it , recheck it atleast two times compare all information thoroughly , passport numbers , visa number and travel dates and education , job description, once satisfied. Submit it( once submitted you can't retrieve it and your can't edit it )
  7. Once submitted you will receive a confirmation email of that along with attachment of the application form (only front page )
  8. NO NEED TO UOLOAD YOUR PHOTO, photo shall be clicked at the visa centre. Irrespective of which ever category you are in.
  9. Now go back to to login page , Log in and pay your visa fee, once you pay it takes 2 to 3 hours for it to update before you can take appointments.
  10. Once it's updates start the biometric appointment and visa interview appointment section.
    1. Once you start doing it , it will ask you more questions about your previous visa :
    2. answers to these questions shall decide your eligibility either for drop box or interview waiver or interview.
    6. You last visa was issued after 1st Jan 2004 or before 1st Jan 2008( yes or no )
      1. That means you don't have to go for visa interview but you still need to go for your biometrics and photo clicked.
      2. You don't have even go for your biometrics , only go and deposit your passport along with photo as specified.
    9. Has your visa expired more then 12 months ago. Yes or no, if yes, then no interview but if yes then interview
  12. Once done it will either print a letter for drop box confirmation or if selected for interview waiver program.

You are awesome bro...

5 hours ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Oh!! Aithe idi process

3. Then DS-160 form
    3. What is visa number.

Soooper

@LuciferMorningStar bro

Bhayya.. you did a wonderful job explaining each thing very clearly.  Thanks a lot

Ee part artham kaale.. Visa expire ayi 12 months above ayithey interview withing 12 months no interview antunnava nuvvu?

9. Has your visa expired more then 12 months ago. Yes or no, if yes, then no interview but if yes then interview

One more doubt .. 

Visa expire ayye enni months mundu renewal ki apply cheyyochu or can renew only after the Visa expires?

Nenu sponsor cheste what all do I need to fill in the DS160 and what documents do I need to submit along with my in-laws documents. 

Drop box process cheppava plz

51 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

with trump don't take chances , 4 years ago i extended for my mother in law , but she was questioned this time at Port of entry why she extended 

Extended or renewed ??

If you've extended after expiry of  6 months they might ask you the next time you visit them.....renewal is different...... everybody  renews....

Trump is bringing some changes to B1/B2 visas it seems....that is differentiating what is B1/B2 i.e if you go to US on business purpose ur visa says B1

if you wanna go to US on pleasure trip or medical trip it says B2.

1 minute ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Extended or renewed ??

If you've extended after expiry of  6 months they might ask you the next time you visit them.....renewal is different...... everybody  renews....

Trump is bringing some changes to B1/B2 visas it seems....that is differentiating what is B1/B2 i.e if you go to US on business purpose ur visa says B1

if you wanna go to US on pleasure trip or medical trip it says 

1 hour ago, Doravaru said:

@LuciferMorningStar bro

Bhayya.. you did a wonderful job explaining each thing very clearly.  Thanks a lot

Ee part artham kaale.. Visa expire ayi 12 months above ayithey interview withing 12 months no interview antunnava nuvvu?

9. Has your visa expired more then 12 months ago. Yes or no, if yes, then no interview but if yes then interview

One more doubt .. 

Visa expire ayye enni months mundu renewal ki apply cheyyochu or can renew only after the Visa expires?

Nenu sponsor cheste what all do I need to fill in the DS160 and what documents do I need to submit along with my in-laws documents. 

Drop box process cheppava plz

I lifted it from quora annai.... it's the best explained & most suitable answer for your case...

Visa expire ayina immediately you have to renew if you wanna visit US again to qualify for interview waiver I think......

renewal process is like how you're for the first time.

migitaavi naaku idea ledu baa.....

sorry bros for not posting my question clearly.

Parents are here in USA and their visa expires in two months. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months.

Please advise.

1 minute ago, KrishnaDevaRaya said:

sorry bros for not posting my question clearly.

Parents are here in USA and their visa expires in two months. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months.

Please advise.

Not possible bro 

send them back