TRAVELLING TO INDIA DURING H1B AMENDMENT IN PROGRESS

Rate this topic

iamadmin1

My H1 was filed for client A which is in Virginia and it got approved for 3 years, recently I have moved to Client B to New jersey with the same employer (he filed the amendment in the month of July 2018 & its been 3 months as of now). I need to travel to india on my personal reasons, but My visa is with past date, So if i travel to India I have to go for stamping. 
Now my question is Can I carry my old approved/valid I797 copy along with my new amendment receipt number while going for stamping ? or Do i need to wait till my new amendment gets approved ? 
Please help me with some solution here, thanks !!

evaraina eh situation lo travel chesi unte, please help me with your experience, thanks 

I am in the same boat. My company has suggested me not to travel until I get approval. This might help you. Some cases VO did not ask anything about amendment and some cases stamping went on hold. Hope these helps a little.

https://www.immihelp.com/experience/297055-Anyone-had-stamping-with-Amendment-in-progress.html

http://forum.murthy.com/topic/111629-visa-stamping-while-h1b-amendment-is-pending/

out of my curiosity, what would be the worst case if the VO asks for amendment ? 

will they ask us to stay back in india till amendment is approved ? or will it lead to any other circumstances ?

Explain in brief with the exact status of amendment. Don’t stammer. Ensure there are no mistakes in DS160 as per your knowledge. Don’t fill up incorrect data to avoid questions from VO. 

Probably you might need to stay back until amendment is approved. Hopefully, there would not be any issues. So far I have not heard about any unfortunate cases. This much i know. Wish good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Sorry for delay in my response, 

Yes I went for stamping and everything went well :) I have submitted my previous approval copy and i got stamped according to that validity 

No cross questions asked , VO just asked about my roles and responsibilities and few other general questions 

even POE went well , thanks much for your support