Twitter CEO-Jack Dorsey accused of spreading hate against India's Jews- The Brahmins

LuciferMorningStar

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey accused of ‘hate mongering’ in India

witter Chief Executive Jack Dorsey felt the swift backlash of social media after a photo of him holding a sign attacking the Indian caste system made its way online.

The tweet showed a grinning Dorsey holding a sign — while posing for a photo with female journalists and activists — that read “smash Brahminical patriarchy,” referring to the highest Hindu caste.

Several prominent Indians, including Infosys executive TV Mohandas Pai, accused Dorsey of “hate mongering” against Brahmins.

“Tomorrow if @jack is given a poster with anti Semitic messages in a meeting, will his team allow him to hold it up?” Pai tweeted. “Why is that any different? Inciting hate against any community is wrong.”

Twitter India’s office said the poster was handed to Dorsey by a Dalit activist — Dalits are at the bottom of the social hierarchy in Hinduism — while he hosted a closed-door discussion with a group of women to know more about their experience using Twitter.

It added the poster was a “tangible reflection of our company’s efforts to see, hear, and understand all sides of important public conversations that happen on our service around the world.”

Late Monday, Vijaya Gadde, chief legal officer at Twitter, who accompanied Dorsey to India, apologized.

“I’m very sorry for this. It’s not reflective of our views. We took a private photo with a gift just given to us — we should have been more thoughtful,” she said in a tweet.

Twitter, whose recent monthly active users globally averaged 326 million, does not disclose the number of its India users, but the country is one of its fastest-growing markets.

Its use is expected to grow in India as political parties in the country of 1.3 billion try to expand their reach to voters ahead of a general election in May.

16 minutes ago, uttermost said:

lol. brahmins are not India's Jews.

they are India's colonisers, perhaps.

Statistically speaking that's not possible man U & I might have our bias but they're less than 5% of 1.3 Billion

I'm not a fan either

To say they, only they controlled India's majority is certainly a bit exaggeration

31 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

Statistically speaking that's not possible man U & I might have our bias but they're less than 5% of 1.3 Billion

I'm not a fan either

To say they, only they controlled India's majority is certainly a bit exaggeration

Which caste has the highest population percentage?

52 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

I'm not a fan either

British too were about 5% of Indians, and ruled India.

How many ministers in the central govt are brahmins? more than 50%

how many lok sabha mps? 

anyway that banner was not about brahmins, but brahminism that controls india. 

brahminism is everywhere in India. even among the oppressed castes. within the dalit community too. may be brahmins can stop referring to  themselves by their varna, and stick to their caste name. so this word is free to be used.

35 minutes ago, uttermost said:

British too were about 5% of Indians, and ruled India.

How many ministers in the central govt are brahmins? more than 50%

how many lok sabha mps? 

anyway that banner was not about brahmins, but brahminism that controls india. 

brahminism is everywhere in India. even among the oppressed castes. within the dalit community too. may be brahmins can stop referring to  themselves by their varna, and stick to their caste name. so this word is free to be used.

Talk with some logic man.... British 5% in India but there were so many in the UK including the Empress, The Emperor etc.. They were controlling India from Outside...In the last 1000 years of India's history, 800 years were ruled by the Muslims & 200 were ruled by the British.....When did Brahmins even rule?

Whatever hatred anyone's propagating it's just like how Jews were treated by the Nazis....Like I said I'm not a fan either but I wouldn't propagate hate because I'm not a rightwing lunatic.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LuciferMorningStar said:

Talk with some logic man.... British 5% in India but there were so many in the UK including the Empress, The Emperor etc.. They were controlling India from Outside...In the last 1000 years of India's history, 800 years were ruled by the Muslims & 200 were ruled by the British.....When did Brahmins even rule?

Whatever hatred anyone's propagating it's just like how Jews were treated by the Nazis....Like I said I'm not a fan either but I wouldn't propagate hate because I'm not a rightwing lunatic.

point to me where my argument is without logic.

brahminism is the attitude of superiority that one feels culturally entitled to, compared to other groups. It exists within dalit communities too. And the brahminism that was mentioned is the cultural entitlement towards women too. 

The problem is with the name, right? 

just brahmins can stop calling themselves brahmins, because they are no longer brahmins anyway. . They can call themselves with their caste names.

3 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

you are not a right wing lunatic, but you are someone who doesn't mind a right wing lunatic compared to someone who fights for justice.

fight against brahminism is fight for justice.

matter over.

35 minutes ago, uttermost said:

you are not a right wing lunatic, but you are someone who doesn't mind a right wing lunatic compared to someone who fights for justice.

fight against brahminism is fight for justice.

matter over.

I can only see you're a hatemonger man.... what difference is between u & a rightwing lunatic or a Nazi?

9 minutes ago, LuciferMorningStar said:

I can only see you're a hatemonger man.... what difference is between u & a rightwing lunatic or a Nazi?

RW lunatic/Nazi won't respond to you like this.