Leander Paes

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

Wow - Leander Paes is still competing in tennis. Paes/Stosur just won the 1st set in mixed doubles 1st round of the Australian Open.

After cricket, tennis is my second favorite sport and my happiness knew no bounds back in the day when Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes were ranked as the number 1 doubles pair in the world.  

Paes is 45 - he is moving like a 25 year old on the court - tremendous hand speed and great judgment as usual. 

A true Indian sporting legend.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Wow - Leander Paes is still competing in tennis. Paes/Stosur just won the 1st set in mixed doubles 1st round of the Australian Open.

After cricket, tennis is my second favorite sport and my happiness knew no bounds back in the day when Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes were ranked as the number 1 doubles pair in the world.  

Paes is 45 - he is moving like a 25 year old on the court - tremendous hand speed and great judgment as usual. 

A true Indian sporting legend.

Thanks for sharing. Kargil war time lo pace bhupathi combo 👌

8 hours ago, karthikn said:

Thanks for sharing. Kargil war time lo pace bhupathi combo 👌

Yes - 1999 was a tremendous year for Indian doubles tennis. Paes and Bhupathi reached finals of all the 4 major Grand Slams and actually won French Open and Wimbledon. Achieved the No. 1 ranking in men's doubles.

Paes also won the Wimbledon mixed doubles finals in 1999 with Lisa Raymond thus achieving a rare double Grand Slam.