Discrimination

DrBeta

7 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Ala ani kadu, what I really was asking for is more subtle forms of discrimination or bias really. As in someone saying things and acting in ways that are not racist/homophobic but is very subtle that you don't realize that you're being discriminated. 

hmmm.. short people face a lot of discrimination that way, the subtle variety. 

lets say, not being able to do a single experiment in labs because everybody crowds me out. so i made my father buy own lab kit.

not being able to get turns to use a cycle - we had those sessions where school had cycles and we used to take turns to ride them.. never got a chance to ride one. so made my father buy me

not being able to play games on computer in school. but by that time, I already had a computer at home, so i didn't care.

the most gorgeous girl in school (also a brilliant one, not to forget) quietly losing a game of chess, because she didn't want to go with me to the inter school competition. hehe.. etc. She had the hots for the first ranker in school, who sucked at chess.. hehe..

6 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Ala ani kadu, what I really was asking for is more subtle forms of discrimination or bias really. As in someone saying things and acting in ways that are not racist/homophobic but is very subtle that you don't realize that you're being discriminated. 

never being allowed to bat first or first/second/third/fourth down in gully cricket. until i found some younger guys in my street i could dominate and take first batting

but I dont think I could call a lot of what I faced as discrimination. It was mostly people trying to avoid me. hehe..

I bribed a few of them with free car rides, internet etc (when nobody had internet).

4 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

hmmm.. short people face a lot of discrimination that way, the subtle variety. 

lets say, not being able to do a single experiment in labs because everybody crowds me out. so i made my father buy own lab kit.

not being able to get turns to use a cycle - we had those sessions where school had cycles and we used to take turns to ride them.. never got a chance to ride one. so made my father buy me

not being able to play games on computer in school. but by that time, I already had a computer at home, so i didn't care.

the most gorgeous girl in school (also a brilliant one, not to forget) quietly losing a game of chess, because she didn't want to go with me to the inter school competition. hehe.. etc. She had the hots for the first ranker in school, who sucked at chess.. hehe..

ni reasoning ela undi ante- ninu reject chesina prathi girl is racist/discriminator anatu sFun_duh

2 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

but I dont think I could call a lot of what I faced as discrimination. It was mostly people trying to avoid me. hehe..

I bribed a few of them with free car rides, internet etc (when nobody had internet).

are you @uttermost ?

new id na :giggle:

Just now, sarita said:

ni reasoning ela undi ante- ninu reject chesina prathi girl is racist/discriminator anatu sFun_duh

how? sarigga saduvu. I have no ill feelings towards any girl who rejects me. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

inko joke cheppamantaava bujji..

IIT lo class teesthundaga, in front of everybody, lectures mentions the caste of certain students, and berates the fact that they have been forced to accept crap into class in the name of reservation.

Then for the next 4yrs, they are forced to stick together, while the rest enjoy all the facilities and privileges of being an IITian. many of them commit suicide, or drop off from the course.

welcome to India bujji. one of the most disgusting nations in the world. built exclusively for the benefit of uppercastes. who cry when they are denied even a little bit of the privilege they have historically enjoyed, while others are trying to survive.

Arey,  even I studied in one of the so called premier govt institutions.  I never ever witnessed or listened such incidents from my friends from other institutions too. Edikelli ostaru ra to spread venom.  IIT professors just don't give a fcuk to anyone.  They just finish their duty and leave. 

3 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

how? sarigga saduvu. I have no ill feelings towards any girl who rejects me. 

What I understood is u have a rich father who buys u everything 😀

Just now, JambuLingam said:

Arey,  even I studied in one of the so called premier govt institutions.  I never ever witnessed or listened such incidents from my friends from other institutions too. Edikelli ostaru ra to spread venom.  IIT professors just don't give a fcuk to anyone.  They just finish their duty and leave. 

nuvvu studied in 'premier' institute aa? joke cheyyaku ra. 

I have dozens of such incidents from my friends. perhaps your friends are all from your class, who cry on reservations like losers. my friends are from all sections of society.

these things sometimes happen in the class.. or in private in the lecturer's room. but they happen. 

why do you think people commit suicide in IIT? are you saying there are no suicides in IIT? delusional fcuk.

IIT professors are rabidly casteist (many of them).. they don't just finish their duty and leave.. some of them indulge in these kind of chillara activities.

10 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

never being allowed to bat first or first/second/third/fourth down in gully cricket. until i found some younger guys in my street i could dominate and take first batting

Edsindi salu pakkaki mingey.  10galeka managalaram gadivi nuvvu %$#$