Why you should stand up?

DrBeta

4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the fastest, I may not be the strongest. But, I will be damned if I am not trying my hardest.

you are also most likely suffering from post Ayn Randish symptoms :) 

let me guess, its been 6-7yrs since you read Ayn Rand.. Its effect takes about 10yrs to wear off.

but you have to read other books. especially technical ones to get out of that ideology of individualism.

the highest achievement of human is not to build the tallest monument he can for himself, but to lose himself in a sea of people, and still hold his own.

Ayn Rand got half right, the other half, utterly wrong.

It's true, I am not an economist, I don't know everything about Marxism. But I am definitely opinionated. I am of the opinion that humans need to work for what they deserve. Thanks to Ayn Rand, Government help to businesses is as disastrous as Government persecution. The only way Government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping it's hand off. 

Ayn Rand herself took govt help, got a pension in the last couple decades of her life, and treatment too.

these conservative jackasses are hypocrites. Rand included.

and she railed against Science? Have you read Atlas Shrugged completely? Do you think her idea of how research happens is even feasible?

that is, without public investment? she was delusional, and probably deeply affected by her experience in Russia.

anyway.. got to go.. too late.

bye 

10 hours ago, Ashtavakra said:

the vilian in Atlas Shrugged is a scientist in public university..

and the hero is a glib talking philosophy professor. (among the professors, that is)

ATlas Shrugged boring book..edanna ante Who is John Galt antaaru?

Fountain head is better atleast KGF level elevations vntayi book lo