Why you should stand up?

DrBeta

I don't believe that having more money makes one more successful. Like I said before, I don't believe in success in the first place. I just believe in struggle. I think everyone should struggle to get what they think, they deserve. If someone expects to be given something, they should work for it. 

Just now, DrBeta said:

I believe that effort is more important than result. The result doesn't really matter, but what matters is the struggle. Failure is good, it teaches you what not to do. It makes you wiser. I don't see success as a destination, but as a journey. 

result is not a destination in science.. its just the journey towards more results. the destination is still afar.

if you are against even the first level of results, and only want struggle, then science is poorer for you:) 

Just now, DrBeta said:

I don't believe that having more money makes one more successful. Like I said before, I don't believe in success in the first place. I just believe in struggle. I think everyone should struggle to get what they think, they deserve. If someone expects to be given something, they should work for it. 

so working towards a problem in science is not struggle?

should they struggle to get food too?

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I believe that effort is more important than result. The result doesn't really matter, but what matters is the struggle. Failure is good, it teaches you what not to do. It makes you wiser. I don't see success as a destination, but as a journey. 

If the effort(struggle) is that imp. why do univs grade students based on exams(results) ?

okay.. I may come across as putting scientists at the top of human hierarchy. but no. I think no one person should sacrifice himself for the benefit of the other. there should always be a fair trade.

but the tech is at a level where people can be fed without any problem. Have you heard of 1rs idlis in TamilNadu?, 5rs meals? That's the magic of efficiency. The workers who work on that are paid too, govt salaries. The entire thing runs on corporation budget, not even state budget.

so why not attempt to extend it to everybody? its simply a question of coming up with an efficient supply chain. It has nothign to do with giving people for 'free'. That's innovation too. Innovation that will free other people to work on other things.

yeah, and other states have adopted those kitchens in india. I don't know how many have.

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

what you are against is innovation in other fields - like economics (you distrust marxism without knowing what it is), social welfare (you brush aside actual suffering of people, when there exists way to ameliorate it)..

so you want innovation to happen only in your field or related fields, and you want to work hard on that. but i think everybody else will gladly take all other innovations and use it to simplify their life and work less. and produce more.

Sure, I don't see anything wrong with that.

wrong with what? Look up Singapore healthcare system, and netherlands (both countries where I've lived).. Look how efficient their systems are, even though they are not completely free. 

They cost not because govts insists its good habit to make people pay so they get some 'character', but to finance the system. In a couple decades, the healthcare will be available for free in the same systems. That's their end goal. yeah, even in Singapore. The capitalist temple of the world.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the fastest, I may not be the strongest. But, I will be damned if I am not trying my hardest.

you are ideologically blind. and not pragmatic.

you should stick to your science :)

you have wrong notions of how economy works. The current economy is rigged to benefit few, and thats why you see so many slackers around you. they have already made it, or they know they will make it if they do this , and this, and this. they have handlers to make sure they succeed.