dirty secrets of IT industry

tittiemaster

A 24 yo upright female here. I am just one project old. I would like to share a few “dirty secrets” of whatever I have dealt with in IT (writing helps me get rid of frustration, temporarily).

I joined a very well known, at the tip of tongue MNC in 2017, straight out of college. I had high hopes and expectations. HAD.

• I was the only ASE in the project. My lead used to hit on me during lunch breaks. And during the other times, he would casually ping me asking me about my “personal life” and if I liked to drink. Even after telling him innumerable times that I don’t drink, he would keep pestering me. So after a month of this nonsense, I told him on his face that even if I drink, I would never drink with you. He never bothered me after that.
  • After a few weeks, my lead changed. The new one was a female. And boy she had atti! I worked with another co-worker(8 years exp) and this piece of brainless Lead. These two women ** me up for god knows what reasons. They always used to talk me down, laughed at me because “I didn’t know the technology I was working with”. I never received any form of KT from these two bootlickers. When I escalated the same to my manager, he took no action against them. I reached out to my HR. That s o b was good for nothing. He ignored me. I realized I am **.
  • A few teammates( 29 yo horny f**ks) used to ping me incessantly. Asking me out on dates. Once they understood nothing was going to happen, they ** me up. How? They started spreading “rumors” about me.
  • Majority people here are bootlickers and cocksuckers. And these people are the ones who end up getting appraisals.
  • I was given 0% increase, even though I had pulled off all nighters, going to office on saturdays and sundays , just to get done. Realization? Sabko chutiya banao aur manager ki g**nd chaato. Appraisal milega.
  • Everyone believes senseless rumors, esp if it’s about a girl.
  • I had applied for unpaid leave because of major health issues. They were downright rejected. Why? Because useless manager couldn’t find another resource to fill in.

I am hoping to leave IT for good. I know there are toxic people everywhere but I can’t deal with mediocre and pea brained crowd.

Thanks for reading. I was just taking out my frustrations.

1. Extramarital affairs are more common than other industries. Odd work timings, constant pressures, good money, travel opportunities, nuclear families are all reasons for this. Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Gurgaon are the worst hit in that order.
  2. The whole structure of the companies requires massive displacement of employees after they reach the 10 year experience level. Large companies hire 4000 to 5000 freshers in many years. But there are only 2% who will become architects, project managers etc. Where do you think rest of them will go once they have reach the 10–12 year experience level and cannot do 15 hour workdays.
  3. Appraisals are a case of networking and old boys network. If your senior network is strong in particular company or vertical in company, juniors will get pulled there and they will keep control on it as long as they an milk it. It is not a competition of skill.
  4. After a 4 year degree, or a post graduate degree, the level of skill of these people is not very different from a commerce graduate who gets training. As these employees are easily replaceable, it is a hard fight to ask for appraisal.
  5. From day 1, the company will praise and promote people who will give up their parents, children etc. and are always roaming around in company. Whatever big name and big awards for good culture are put in reception area, it’s just show business. Only trust company which is giving this data:
    1. Employee average years with company.
    2. Employee average salary growth with company for year to year.
    3. How many employee were allowed to take all the due holidays.
    4. How many employee got heart attack and what age they got.
  6. Talking big about culture is ok. But mostly the employee who is growing fast is busy spying on other employees and giving information to seniors so senior can control properly.
  7. Mostly if employee is skilled but not very connected in company then growth will be less. Skill is not very much rewarded.
  8. Only some people in sales and management team are very good in person and at their work also. Mostly management people are coming with some big management college name and are just trying to make next jump. They will not care very much how much bad effect their decision is having on the software team life.
  9. Recruiters ask for nonsense like 3 years experience for 2 years old technology. Candidate put more nonsense in resume like 5 years experience for 2 years old technology. It is like marriage in villages where boy and girl side both tell lies about education, skill as they know after marriage noone will do anything.
  10. Sales person will sell impossible project to customer and project manager will never talk that this is nonsense project. If project manager will argue then management team will replace pm.

3 minutes ago, tittiemaster said:

A 24 yo upright female here. I am just one project old. I would like to share a few “dirty secrets” of whatever I have dealt with in IT (writing helps me get rid of frustration, temporarily).

I joined a very well known, at the tip of tongue MNC in 2017, straight out of college. I had high hopes and expectations. HAD.

• I was the only ASE in the project. My lead used to hit on me during lunch breaks. And during the other times, he would casually ping me asking me about my “personal life” and if I liked to drink. Even after telling him innumerable times that I don’t drink, he would keep pestering me. So after a month of this nonsense, I told him on his face that even if I drink, I would never drink with you. He never bothered me after that.
  • After a few weeks, my lead changed. The new one was a female. And boy she had atti! I worked with another co-worker(8 years exp) and this piece of brainless Lead. These two women ** me up for god knows what reasons. They always used to talk me down, laughed at me because “I didn’t know the technology I was working with”. I never received any form of KT from these two bootlickers. When I escalated the same to my manager, he took no action against them. I reached out to my HR. That s o b was good for nothing. He ignored me. I realized I am **.
  • A few teammates( 29 yo horny f**ks) used to ping me incessantly. Asking me out on dates. Once they understood nothing was going to happen, they ** me up. How? They started spreading “rumors” about me.
  • Majority people here are bootlickers and cocksuckers. And these people are the ones who end up getting appraisals.
  • I was given 0% increase, even though I had pulled off all nighters, going to office on saturdays and sundays , just to get done. Realization? Sabko chutiya banao aur manager ki g**nd chaato. Appraisal milega.
  • I had applied for unpaid leave because of major health issues. They were downright rejected. Why? Because useless manager couldn’t find another resource to fill in.

I am hoping to leave IT for good. I know there are toxic people everywhere but I can’t deal with mediocre and pea brained crowd.

us or India 

Us lo aitay  all holes fix chestaru 

1 minute ago, MadMax_007 said:

Hope things get better with time & change in place.. 

Office politics sucks..

I heard this one incident where my friend in mumbai  TCS slept for A rating too. Donno if someone is so desperate to sleep for appraisals. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tittiemaster said:

Talent unte tokkatalu emi undav bhai automatica ga shine aithar. Ivala kakapothe repu, oka company kakapothe vere company.

Well there are a lot of dirty things that people might not know about

1: IT companies exploit their employees by overburdening the projects over them in reaction they respond with a slow completion of projects. Hence most of the IT companies never deliver projects on time.

2: most of the coders are just copying and pasting the things up. Nobody wants to innovate.

3: They do not have a zeal to learn new technologies. They want to stick to the technology they started working with.

4: your whole life is just a monotonous journey of coding.

5: most of the coders just working for experience and not interested in mastering relevant skills.

6: most of the coders lack good communication skills that hinders their progress in the competitive market.

7: they are browsing stack overflow all the time for references.

DIRTIEST SECRET: DOES NOT MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE, HOW BETTER YOU PERFORM you will never get anything on its own.

Know your value, ask for the value you deserve always remember nobody cares for you. You are just a machine of work and profit.

Indian IT industry is nothing but a Brothelhouse.

You sleep with that customer who pays the most.

The moment your current customer is done *** you, you find another one.

Just now, tittiemaster said:

Indian IT industry is nothing but a Brothelhouse.

You sleep with that customer who pays the most.

The moment your current customer is done *** you, you find another one.

Enduku vaaa ala antav.... Neethi nijayithitho brathike vallu unnaruga

No one knows what’s going on. Engineers just come from their btech not knowing where else to go, they then become managers not knowing what else to do and then hire clueless btech engineers like themselves.

• Upvote 2

1. Most of the skilled programmers in India are quite smart and delebratly downgrade their productivity, they pretend that particular module they asked to code is not developed yet, and they are still working on it, but most of the time they just don’t want their PMs to know this so that they can enjoy playing some game or chitchat online.
  2. Most of the companies earn very good based on what programmer is doing, but what they pay to the programmer is pathetic, for each dollar earn by the company, 0.20 paise ( 100 paise = 1 Rupee) is paid to the developer on an average.
  3. Most of the Senior Managers, VPs who act as controlling the process and giving ideas and feedback, are actually people who have no idea about codes, or they are far behind the young coders who code daily.
  4. Most of the work is done by Project Manager, coders and Quality analysts, PM take care of client, coder codes and quality is maintained using the testing team, others are just non performing assets who are burden to companies but take 10X salary then these 3 profiles and eat most of the companies profit.
  5. There is no social, family or love life if you are a PM, Programmer or tester, you work on weekends with a hope that next week it will be an off… but that week never comes.
  6. Till the time you code well, you are not promoted, with a motto “ Ache Kaam ka Puraskaar … or Kaam” …. your reward to good work is more work!

1. Most of the senior management (Director, GM, VP etc. and above) are the most insecure people on earth. They always keep a coterie of people around them. We can consider these coteries as “Kattappa” (in Bahubali terms). These coterie will do anything to please their bosses and in turn they are ‘taken care’ adequately
  2. The appraisal process (if something can be called so) is a sham. Again, the senior management will ensure their coterie is benefited from this
  3. HR is a mute spectator and in most cases have no power whatsoever. All the talks of ombudsman etc. are an eyewash. You will be found out and will be hounded. Only options are to keep quiet or run away to another company (where the same story repeats in a different way)
  4. Your growth in the organization is directly proportional to the number of internal “power centers” that you can please. This has nothing to do with what you do for the customer. If you make any of this “Power Center” look good internally, then you are considered good and will be rewarded accordingly.
  5. Often there is a huge gap between what the customer wants and the capacity of the team. Most often the team lacks skillsets (not their fault, but the pressure of getting a billable assignment pushes them to their limits). People with experience in some technology will be pushed into another technology without any proper coaching. Often the estimates are defined with “experts” in mind and delivered with these rookies. This is why people work day and night even for simple projects
  6. In some companies, you are measured only based on the number of hours you spend in the office (doesn’t matter if you do anything productive, as long as you keep the power centers and their coteries happy). The late you stay, the hard working you are

In short, it is “perception” and “coterie” based industry and not a skill based one.