H1B - Ext RFE on ITU University accreditation

Rate this topic

suncastle4u

Hello Friends,

Just recieved an RFE for 3rd H1B Ext on my university 'ITU'. I graduated in 2010 and the RFE says 'Provide evidence that ITU held accredition recognized by US dept of Education at the time the beneficiary recieved his degree on May 31, 2010.

Please need guidance regarding this if anyone has gone thru the same. I know ITU was able to prove accredition after 2011 but my case is older. I have reached out to the University and waiting for their response.

Is there any chance that I can get thru this?please share positive or negative situations if it happend to you or your friends! 

Appreciate the replies friends.

If you got your H1B on masters quota, you are out of luck. This case went to AAO.

See this document, which deals with an ITU 2010 accreditation.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/APPROVED_PM-602-0145_Matter_of_A-T-_Inc_Adopted_Decision.pdf

First, we must determine when a United States institution is deemed to be one of higher education for purposes of the Master’s Cap exemption. Here, the Beneficiary earned his degree from the International Technological University (ITU), in California, on December 31, 2010, before the university obtained its preaccreditation or accreditation status. The record contains a letter from ITU, stating that the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) granted ITU “Candidacy status” in 2011.3 According to the WASC Senior College and University Commission website, candidacy status is the same as preaccreditation status.

4 The Petitioner asserts that the master’s degree does not have to be from a United States institution of higher education as of the time the degree is awarded in order to qualify for the Master’s Cap exemption. Rather, the Petitioner asserts that a beneficiary may qualify for the Master’s Cap exemption if the beneficiary earned a degree from an institution that qualified as an institution of higher education at the time of adjudication. We disagree.

Idi vadi reply 'Upon further review, this RFE asks for Accreditation from ITU at time of graduation in 2010. However, ITU was not accredited until Fall 2012. Thus, we will not be able to provide any documents regarding accreditation.'

Konchem vesukunte, then they forwarded to ITU registrar's office. Vadu em antado chudali.

Ento ee gola. Naakaithe nammakam ledu Univ help paina.

Evaranna same situation vallu undi unte cheppandi please!