How much is enough to travel back to India..for Good

Fire0007

10 minutes ago, user789 said:

Disagree. Young ante $35-$40 or lesser ?

but I feel  9cr is very good savings/investment.

your life style would remain 80% Same even when you go back to india.

you will be earning & your expenses will be easily covered when you have own place to stay 

what else you need when you retire. 15 Cr + isn’t enough ?

in that case 40 -50 Cr also wont be enough if you want to in higher level league 

Your goal is “comfortable” life. Savings won’t mean anything if you are compromising on life choices from raising kids to giving them decent life while you still lead your life without sacrifice, your properties won’t take you there unless you learn to make money. Which in India is a challenge. I bet you cannot lead the same way you are leading here. 

1 hour ago, tacobell fan said:

Your goal is “comfortable” life. Savings won’t mean anything if you are compromising on life choices from raising kids to giving them decent life while you still lead your life without sacrifice, your properties won’t take you there unless you learn to make money. Which in India is a challenge. I bet you cannot lead the same way you are leading here. 

prasantham ga vundu chinnu enduku inni analysis lu lekkalu

2 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

How about this scenario, prior 2007 before Samshabad was announced if someone from that area came US to make money and over a decade their properties appreciated, does this mean a person has to go back? Because they spent most of the life learning survival. Even if they go back they don’t know how to survive. Of course you can by selling but i’m sure no one want to sell at first choice. 

Second scenario, my super senior in college, he works in Bangalore for IBM and he only make 55k/month after taxes  means he get (75k/month) and he spend 22k for rent, 10k school fee for kid, 5k grocery + utilities (he brings most of the stuff from home), 5k vehicle loan. He hardly has any savings. He is living so called very normal life all of you say in fact compromising on many levels. Not all people works gets 1 lakh package, even if you get you have lot of expenses and may  buy without compromising  and you see there are lot of people who wants to escape India if given a chance. I gave him 50k and I know I never get return. Imagine they end up and Health issues or support parents, the more you make the better you live.

Numbers speak, how many people voluntarily going back. For anyone need a break in life to live comfortably and coming to US is a major one and no one will go back knowing it’s value. 

75k/month before tax pay chaala thakkuva .. that means  mi friend might be reluctant to change the job ..

stuff undi  jobs change ayyaru ante .. with 8yrs of exp or so easy ga 18-22L/annum package osthaay nuvu chepina B'lore area lo ne @tacobell fan uncle .. 

2 hours ago, user789 said:

Disagree. Young ante $35-$40 or lesser ?

but I feel  9cr is very good savings/investment.

your life style would remain 80% Same even when you go back to india.

you will be earning & your expenses will be easily covered when you have own place to stay 

what else you need when you retire. 15 Cr + isn’t enough ?

in that case 40 -50 Cr also wont be enough if you want to in higher level league 

vaammo aah numbers enti brahmam_style17_0.gif?1290369245

5 hours ago, Fire0007 said:

Given current inflation and cost of living in India, what do you think is good enough savings to travel back for good...with 2 kids

Of course, we all want to earn more and more..where does the buck stop.

Current situation

2 houses - 7000 sft. - 3.5cr

2 plots over - 3cr

10 acres agriculture land - 2cr

Other investments - ~50lakhs

Money in bank - 0

Loans - nil

Given the portfolio above and your ambiguity, i don't think you will feel confident at 50cr too.. You have to decide a Number and move ahead if you ever want to go back to india. Money is never enough, you can blame inflation though.

3 minutes ago, Don_Draper said:

Given the portfolio above and your ambiguity, i don't think you will feel confident at 50cr too.. You have to decide a Number and move ahead if you ever want to go back to india. Money is never enough, you can blame inflation though.

100% true

2 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

Decent life depends on each person. Unless we don’t know the persons life style you can’t decide how much is sufficient.

l don’t think he would spent a lot/spent a lavish life in US.. if he didn’t  then he would be 80% spending same in India. 

I agree You cannot lead the same but at the sane time you would be able to have an idea what kind of life you would lead once you go back with amount of money saved. 

If one has earned 10cr & invested everything in property/assets with saving of 0, then is he considered a beggar as doesn’t have anything to spend ? most of the property he bought would be for kids. If it’s 10 Cr now -after 20 yrs - let’s say it could be around 50-60  Cr. Isn’t he rich then ?

The person should stay in india for 2-3 month & talk to few people around  ,then  he would easily  know how much is sufficient or not.. fir his life style with futuristic plans.

posting here won’t give a conclusion 

3 hours ago, CNR said:

You are in great situation. Work for another 2 years keep cash in hands for next two year earnings. If you want to do anything india you need cash. 

Once you move to India keep your self busy. So start thinking from now , what do you want to do after going to India. You need to plan to work for 8 hrs to do some kind of business. 

I don't suggest Job, if at all Job then there is no point moving to India. Don't Do Job in India may be for young kids but not for people working 10 years in USA.

Last but not least. I don't usually reply, I'm replying means you're lucky . India have lot of con people , especially NRI are bakra. Stay low, Keep strong once you move on don't look back and don't get cheated by others. 

Thank you @CNR

End of the day lets not forget that we were young blood not long ago and whatever we do now is to keep our children happy.

There is always enough for me and my spouse, but we need to look at children's expectations and what they require in future. Let's also not forget the fact that most of us grew up thinking had my parents been "Ambani" my life would be better, but do not realize the situations and effort they put to make themselves grow and give you a better life...

53 minutes ago, user789 said:

Decent life depends on each person. Unless we don’t know the persons life style you can’t decide how much is sufficient.

l don’t think he would spent a lot/spent a lavish life in US.. if he didn’t  then he would be 80% spending same in India. 

I agree You cannot lead the same but at the sane time you would be able to have an idea what kind of life you would lead once you go back with amount of money saved. 

If one has earned 10cr & invested everything in property/assets with saving of 0, then is he considered a beggar as doesn’t have anything to spend ? most of the property he bought would be for kids. If it’s 10 Cr now -after 20 yrs - let’s say it could be around 50-60  Cr. Isn’t he rich then ?

@user789

We don't lead a selfish life and save money out of food, generally spend about $6k/mo at home (including car and insurance.).

Our investments are very strategic and we generally save/invest around 7-8k/mo.

6 hours ago, Fire0007 said:

Given current inflation and cost of living in India, what do you think is good enough savings to travel back for good...with 2 kids

Current situation

2 plots over - 3cr

Money in bank - 0

Loans - nil

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 

happy ga saripotayi

14 hours ago, Fire0007 said:

Current situation

2 plots over - 3cr

Money in bank - 0

Loans - nil

Meeru oka own house lo vundi then inko house rent 50k vastunte then meeru em think cheyyakkarledhu. Salary or business lo oka 1 lakhs per month antha kastam em kaadhu if you can work hard and 1.5 lakhs is enough to lead a good life in India. Kids ki manchi education and investment antha real estate kaabatti eppatikinaa good appreciation ee vuntadhu and adhi kids ki iste enough.